Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
when we all fall asleep, where do we go?

Evening
P
Adventurer
Discovery
05-09-2023, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2023, 07:26 AM by Esmerelda.)
The newly crowned Siren of the Saltwoods had spent the day looking. For what, she wasn't entirely sure, but something was pulling her. There was no doubt in her mind that she would know when she found it, so she was not bothered or perturbed at the fruitless search. Besides, it had given her a reason to explore the Saltwoods, and learn more of their nature.

Esmerelda had moved inwards this day, noting the plantlife that flourish here upon their island. There was more to it than just the Saltwoods, of course, but that did not mean it was not their island. Truthfully, it was all a bit fascinating, which was another reason she did not mind the adventure that was her exploration.

It wasn't until she came to a small clearing, tucked away beneath the boughs of the trees, nestled between the hills, that Esme knew what this pull was all about. There, set back behind a swath of the very flowers that @Wake had bestowed upon her, was a cave. It was fair in size, big enough for two, and it seemed to be empty, by the smell of it. Still, just in case, she would send up a call for her lover, beckoning the sailor to her side.

In the meantime, Esme would set about marking the clearing, claiming it as her own, as theirs.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
Adventurer
05-09-2023, 07:40 AM
phone posting I will make it pretty tomorrow

Wake was hardly ever far from Esme it seemed. They awoke tangled in the mornings just as they often fell asleep. A slice of domestication that she did not think she would yearn for so badly in her waking hours.

And it was as the tendrils of tiredness began to worm around her limbs that she went in search of her siren's call.

The scent bobbed and weaved along the island. Wake walked between tall trees and cut through open fields. A familiar patch of flowers seemed to sway softly, like colorful fingers pointing her along. Even the breeze pushed her onward.

She remained grateful for what Saltwood gave the two sapphic lovers.

Perhaps moreso as she came upon Esme at last, positioned along a cave. Not meant for many but cozy for two. Her tail swayed softly behind her as she approached, peered around the outside of the little shelter before she dipped inside with a soft hum.

“What have you found, my siren?” She purred warmly as she began to look for where she could help.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: Nopeita-Wake.png]
05-16-2023, 05:15 AM
Where she had enjoyed the sparse and wild feeling of the place she had washed ashore, Esmerelda could feel this place speak to her, call to her. It was a distant song, a backdrop to the emotions she now felt swirl in her as she thought of the moment they'd made it theirs. It had been as if she'd been proposed to with that flower, the very one that she still kept in their temporary den here. It would, of course, be moved to this one, should Wake find this spot to her liking.

Speak of the devil, and they shall appear.

Her very own devil waltzed right up and seemed to immediately know what this was about, her monochrome form slipping into the shelter like a shadow that belonged there. Bewitched, the sea-nymph watched her for a moment, lilac eyes following the wispy, beautiful form of the one that had woven such a spell around her. It was only Wake's voice that made her touch back down from the clouds of her daydreams.

“What do you think?” She asked, starting forward to follow her lover inside. “Not quite big enough for many more, but for now, I think it's perfect.” The hidden promise of those words was only thinly veiled, but she looked to the woman, eyes taking a moment to adjust in the comfortable darkness.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
05-19-2023, 05:51 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
why is she like thissss

What did she think?

It was nice, it offered very little room to those not welcomed. Wake had never fancied the idea of a crowded sleeping place. She had never imagined herself cramped up in a place, a pile of warm bodies.

Although nor had she imagined herself bewitched by her seawashed siren, either.

Her siren who spoke of more. Did she dream of tangles of bodies? Or of a bustling hearth befitting wives?

Wake reached, greedy and hungry with the thought, in the dark of their new space. She wanted forelegs around her pale neck and kisses planted ravenously along her cheeks. How could she refrain? She was a sailor, turned to many things by the siren song of her beloved. All hot, starved things.

“So you want more in here one day? Are you hiding wants from me?”

What did Esme imagine? Wake had only burning wants in the dark, the longing for an eternity in the bliss they brought one another. The familiar sandy stretches that were their bodies. The sailor had not meant to turn the moment into this. A great quaking want. Yet her heart thudded heavily and despite those trembling wants, her gaze remained enchanted and soft.

the staff team luvs u
05-27-2023, 02:31 AM
An ear flickered, the sailor's question making the sea-witch pause for a moment, thinking. Did she? Did she want more? More what? More than them? What did that mean though? Children? Did she want children? Had she ever?

Esmerelda turned to look at her lover, her heart fluttering in her chest as those periwinkle eyes traced the lines of the female's face. Did she want that? Did —

“Right now, no. I want you to myself but perhaps one day,” She shrugged lightly, looking away briefly. “More, if it is something we both want.” Her heart spoke through her words, a turn from the flirtations, salacious things that she so often directed towards Wake. Stepping closer, Esme set her teeth lightly along the length of her counterpart's jawline before bumping her chin with the bridge of her own nose.

You are all I want and need now.”

the staff team luvs u
05-27-2023, 04:40 AM
Was it love that licked up her belly into her throat with the flaming tongue?

Could it be love? So soon, so fresh? Why would it not be?

They slotted into each other so well. Spiritually, emotionally. Esme was her siren. The flower exchanged had felt like so much more. A bouquet of unspoken promises, of a future among the isle they chose when it had become just them.

“Maybe when...there's more here, too.”

When it would be easier to sneak away, to spend hours doing what they wished instead of scratching out the earth for survival. When busy bodies kept mouths full and the islands hummed with the life they deserved.

Perhaps now might have been the time to whisper "I love you" — only the words lodged firmly in her throat.

She could only place kisses along the jaw and crown of her siren.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Formation
05-27-2023, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2023, 12:05 AM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
Phone post bc I have no self control lol I love these two

The gestures of affection were welcomed without hemming or hawing, one eye closing as Wake’s tongue passed over it. If she had been a cat, she would have been purring, but as she was only a wolf, Esme leaned into the woman, snuggling into her chest in a way that set her ear to where she could hear the gentle beat of the muscle that gave her sailor such life.

“When we have a pack, a crew to protect and provide.” A family of sorts. “When we can keep what is ours safe against any that mean them harm.” For while she could hold her own, and would do anything to protect what she held dear, Esmeralda knew that having the force of a pack behind them would aid immensely in keeping any more they may have from harm.

“Have you decided what you will call this crew?” She asked, setting teeth and tongue to fur along the ridge where shoulder began to meet the base of Wake’s neck.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-27-2023, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2023, 12:09 AM by Wake. Edited 1 time in total.)
-becomes a puddle-

She might have jested that they could do that now just fine. The fire that burned like a sun between them was not just for the sensual, it was for fierceness too. For what they claimed, for what they treasured.

Yet she knew what Esme meant, she thought. That they shared the same vein of thought.

“I'm not good with fancy crew names,” She laughed softly into the pale tufts of her siren's crown. “I would call us of the Saltwoods.” A little shrug of her slim shoulders. People had simply been called by their village of where they were. Yet she wondered if they should have a name that represented them better.

“You leading the crew with me, siren?”

Fine details had not been discussed before now, but it seemed the most appropriate thing to ask first.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Misc Skill
05-27-2023, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2023, 12:05 AM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
“The wolves of the Saltwoods,” She repeated, rolling it over her tongue, tasting it. It was simple and yet, refined. It fit them perfectly, as it fit their patch of the world perfectly. “I quite like it, amante. It is unique, and it is ours.” Possessiveness, similar to the possessiveness she held for Wake, and for their little home they were carving out.

“Who else would you have be your Siren, hmm? That little fox?” Esmerelda smirked, slipping out from under the woman and past her, tail dragging across her nose in a way meant to entice and enrapture. “Your title. Captain? Or something simpler? Alpha, perhaps?” Maybe that was too simple; she wasn't sure Alpha fit the strong wisp of a woman.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Misc Skill
05-27-2023, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2023, 12:08 AM by Wake. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: tags )
Theirs.

All for them, at the end of the day.

No matter how many bodies amassed, no matter who they gained or loss. It was all theirs.

Which brought a humored, soft snort out of her out of the question. “Tcht,” She reached for that tail and it mattered little if she missed, only that she played along into her lover's trap. Dutiful to their affections as usual.

“I'll be Captain, you'll be Siren.” She hummed in a warm voice. “Unless you only want me calling you that...” Her voice now teetered and traveled into something more taunting, yet still it remained boisterous with its affection. “Maybe you're the island's Mystic.”

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Formation
Misc Skill
05-28-2023, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2023, 12:05 AM by Esmerelda. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
She felt those teeth catch the last tendrils of her salt curled fur, tail flicking to keep them from completely catching. A tease, a jest, a gesture of affection all rolled into one. It was their way, and had been from the moment they'd met, the moment they'd become one under the boughs of the trees upon Raven Rock.

A Captain and her Siren. Esmerelda paused at Wake's next words, glad that her back was to the woman who made her skin feel so hot, who made her heart beat so quickly in her chest, clamoring to be let out. “Oh?” She teased right back, though her voice quavered the slightest bit. She had never felt these things before, not like this. Passion, yes. Lust, certainly. Even affection. But this? She had nothing to call it, other than a word she had never in her life, or in her many lives, uttered before.

“Going to keep your Siren all to yourself, hm?” Her voice was stronger this time.

“I like the sound of that. The Captain and her Mystic of the Saltwoods. The sailor and her siren to us alone.” Esmerelda rolled into the flowers, the very ones that Wake had picked all for her, laying upon her back and beckoning her sailor to come closer. “Come, amante. Celebrate with me.” Her eyes spoke of just how she wanted to celebrate, the heat that had risen in her all for the woman that she was now forever tied to, even if they had not spoken such words into the world just yet.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Content Warning
05-28-2023, 12:25 AM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
happy to fade out or keep going! whichever you prefer <3 either way something new soon? heh

Love — for all she could not say the word, it was what it was — rolled into the soft cushions of lust. That gave a gentle quiver to her hind legs for but a moment. That lit a warm fire all over her body to watch her lover, her siren, rolled into the flowers.

“The island will hear our celebration for hours,” She threatened with kisses as she slid herself over her pale-furred lover. Tender in touches and movements now, never rough unless wanted. “Over the waves, over the crying gulls...”

She had nothing but adoration that burned bright in her gaze as she peered down her narrow face that perfect, flower-framed face. A low sound bubbled in her throat, radiated the warmth she felt all over in those moments.

Love.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top