Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
you always hoped to experience domination

P
Discovery
04-03-2021, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 05:10 AM by Valk. Edited 3 times in total.)
     The last memory he had was only pain. The gnashing of teeth, the tearing of his flesh. As green eyes slowly opened, he could still feel the phantom pain. It felt good. Draco let his eyes open slowly, savoring the phantom tastes and pain. Somehow, like this, it felt delicious. A high he didn’t want to escape. But his eyes finally opened all the way, and all he saw was darkness. Hung high above him was the moon, glowing down on him with pure light.

Around him were the teeth of mountains biting at the sky, something so unlike what he was used to. Pulling at his memories, nothing came forth, but somehow he knew this land was new to him. He got to his feet, shaky at first but then steading as he looked about him. Below him was blood, and it dripped off him like water. Shaking out his pelt, the droplets splattered.

A cackle broke out from his throat, and he ran forward on a small ridge. There were bushes scattered about him as he practically frolicked about, with steep edges on both sides of him. With one wrong step, he could plummet to his death, but he did not truly care much at the moment. He had died, and yet he still lived. It was some kind of miracle - thought he wasn’t sure if it was a heavenly miracle or a demonic one.

+2

the staff team luvs u

Pre-formation
Content Warning
04-03-2021, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 05:12 AM by zina. Edited 6 times in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Graphic Violence
Unknowingly the stranger was heading towards claimed territory with each step. The matriarch of the lands lounging indiscreetly at it's entrance like a great gargoyle. A statue of terror in a bored slumber, half napping in the shade of the cave's jagged underhang. Inside the walls of the cave itself, wary vampire bats kept their ears alert - ready to sign alarms and down further on dangerous cliff edges - billy goats did the same. Mindful of the predator that stalk their halls now. As she had began to become a regular in appearance.

It wasnt really until Draco drew ridiculously close that the striped gargantuan caught the impeding footsteps due to the unsettle of the neighboring creatures around her. Her head rising slow and leisure as she stretched her front legs and yawned. Shaking the dark mane around her neck before rising to her full height and sniffing the stagnant air. Draco would be received by a watchful beast who was often not very pleasant. Kyezas mood was dangerous teetering today on tolerance and disarray. When bored she often went out seeking trouble or entertainment.

Could this new stranger prove that?

Climbing the back of a boulder just outside the Maw's entrance, her back legs touched the heavy onyx stony floor and her front pushed her to taller heights until she would stand looking down with beady eyes on the traveler. Her lips pulled over her teeth in blatant warning, and tail jutting upwards in a display of dominance.

"Unless you are here to join my group," She begins, smelling the blood that Drago was doused in. "I shall entertain no hungry strangers today." Her voice was thick but sultry, clear cut and a little lower for a female.
the staff team luvs u
04-03-2021, 04:50 PM
The presence of another wolf bothered Draco little. He was focused on what he knew, and the feeling of air churning through his lungs, blood pumping through his veins. The crown had fallen off him with his death, and now he was free to do as he pleased. Sooner or later the reality of the world would settle on his mind, but at the moment he was in a dream-like state. The main indication that he had heard Kyeza was a quiver of his tail.

Some sort of gods must favor me.” He spoke aloud to Kyeza and no one. “I died. I was torn apart piece by fucking piece.” A cackle, and a dreamy shake of his head. “But something likes me. Something brought me into this new life.” He finally turned towards Kyeza. His eyes were wide, his pupil dilated and a toothy grin spread across his face.

Destinies must be real, don’t you think?” He had barely given any indication that he had heard her speak before, but now he addressed it. “Madam, maybe this is destiny as well.” Draco spoke of this supposed group that Kyeza was putting together. If this was the first creature he came across after his new Awakening, then there must be a reason. Something was setting him upon this path.

the staff team luvs u

04-04-2021, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:21 PM by Kyeza. Edited 3 times in total.)
Draco spoke as a religious zealot, dedicated to the mercy of fate or destiny. Kyeza is in opposition of the thought, too lawless to consider the idea of order in a cruel world. In her measly existence she had defied fate a million times over - had teared Gods from their throne twice over - had replaced them with the chaotic truth of a tumultuous society of nephilim, each of them beast born of the great flood. Each mouth she fed had adhered to her guideline of wrath. She had plucked away innocents and bred hate. God held no place in her court, and neither did structure thinly veiled as justice. It was survival of the fittest, revenge served only to the strong.

But something did like Draco. Something did smile favorably upon him because Kyeza did not seek his destruction today. 

With a mighty jump, the massive Empress rose herself among her makeshift throne. Sitting easily atop the great boulder that separated them. She looked down upon the stranger favorably, an omnipotent self-proclaimed titan of chaos. "There is only one god." She goes, and returns his deranged toothy smile with one of her own. Her blue eyes BURNING. 

"And it is MY TEETH."

And as quickly as she had climbed the boulder to sit on top, the great gargantuan lunges. Her weight sending her barreling forward with the help of gravity in hopes to crash down onto Draco. If she hit, all of her force would weigh him into the ground in a pin where she might twist him upon his back - and her mouth would not be gentle when it lay across the fat of his cheek. Where just under his eye, she would sink her fangs into him like a hot knife into butter. Ripping away that face to leave a glasgow grin, a permanent recognition to her power. 

Be it the mighty woman missed the mark landing would prove difficult but she would manage. Her legs bending with impact before spinning around wildly to leap at Draco -- 

He would be hers now, hers to mold and keep she decided. She would teach him that Fate was nothing but an ugly bitch laughing like she did. 
the staff team luvs u
04-04-2021, 05:35 PM
     He had never believed in gods or even devils. But living through a tasty death had awoken something in him. He watched this woman crawl along with her throne, and for a split second, he wondered if she was a god herself. This new world was just opening up, and he was naive. He would fall for a false god. One day the wool might be torn off his eyes, but for now, he welcomes it with an open embrace.

As she lunged at him, he gave a high-pitched cackle and barely fought back as she pinned him to the ground. The blood was quickly spilling on the ground, almost drowning his mouth. But his quick breathing and raspy giggles sputtered the blood in front of him. “Yes! YES!” The flesh around his lip was torn away, and it felt so good. It reminded him of his death. Maybe if she put him down, he would wake back up again in a puddle of his own blood.

“Let me know our god!” She wasn’t stopping, and he wasn’t about to stop her. A dreamy sigh escaped him as his right eye could barely make out the blood-stained teeth, his flesh dangling from them like a fishing line. He could accept this god of pain, of death.

He was content.

the staff team luvs u

Content Warning
04-07-2021, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 08:11 PM by Kyeza. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Mild Gore
  • Graphic Violence
Her teeth slip into the subtle cheek pouch just past his mouth and gumline - and like a hot knife into butter it melts away the skin around the base. Gouging a valley of exposed cheek flubber that blows casually like a flap in the wind when the matriarch pulls away. Her next hit delivered is a delicate blow nearby, slicing and dicing like a butcher into meat. She purposely avoids the delicacy of an eye (for without one he would be a useless endeavor) and instead redirects her wrath toward his ear. Slashing into the thin membrane to rip more permanent scars into his character. Draco was not one to avoid them - tilting and exposing himself like a love song with red strings to be plucked. 

"Yes! YES!" He yowls,

I AM DELIVERANCE She thinks. 

Draco's blood is salty in her mouth. She pulls backwards only momentarily to run a tongue along her sharp veneer and SMILE. It is a big and toothy one, intimidating even to her demons. The bloodlust overtakes her. It feels like a therapeutic release, a prelude to a frenzy. Kyeza's face is a splattered mask of gooey gore. Her thin eyelashes drip with the strangers blood. If she doesnt relent, she thinks, she might kill him. But he believed in reincarnation didnt he? He believed in a god's mercy

Was she feeling merciful?

I AM GOD. 

Does he know? Does he know his life is ticking away with each force that meets him? Does he see her control wavering, slipping up like a child lost in the moment -- playing with it's toys. 

I AM GOD. 

Again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, she comes undone. Reels backwards laughing, suffocating, and lurches forward ravishing, teeth dancing, and choking. She is a demon in her true moments of assault. Draco writhes like a worm beneath her and the power is deceitfully all consuming. Kyeza is a snake striking venom into him, tearing at his face - his ears - his throat - his muzzle - his neck. But she lets him live. She lets him live with every little cut as a vivid reminder. He likes it as much as she does. He wanted it. And she wanted him.

All of these scars lay her claim, he was hers now. 

to torture, to control, to rule. 

her zealot, her maniac, her new friend.

"You are mine. You belong to me. You will worship ME."
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
04-07-2021, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 05:13 AM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Graphic Violence
He almost wanted to beg her to go through with it all.

Tear his throat out, splay his guts on the ground. He’d smile in death, even if he didn’t smile himself. No, he’d forever be smiling now. In death and in life he would smile.

The pain was ripping through her face, teeth tearing chunks of flesh from his bones. The pain was beautiful. It flowered in his mind, and he had to focus to keep it all in place. If Draco drifted too much in the waves of his mind, all the pain would melt together. He wanted to feel all of it, where each tear was.

If he died, the pain would end. The feelings would end, and he would lose sight of the wolf that was so generous, so willing to give him what he wanted. He could not accept death at this time. Wheezes were squeezed out of his throat as she went for his neck. The dreamy sighs that tried to come from him turned into bubbling sounds of blood pushing out from his mouth.

The tearing stopped, and now he could lie in the blood and gore that littered around him. The pain spiked with every little movement, and he was shaking on purpose. “Yes. My god, I am yours.” He looked at her teeth, stained red and yellow with pieces of flesh and fur stuck between them.

He found god.

the staff team luvs u

Content Warning
04-11-2021, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2021, 11:22 PM by Kyeza. Edited 2 times in total.)
Content Warning
  • Abuse
They lay in a stasis heaving. 

Breathing in --

breathing out. 

Draco is covered with more blood than she is, but not for lack of effort. Kyeza had often thought she liked her prey to writhe in agony, and it was her surprise she liked it just as much when they consented. There was something powerfully addictive in given precedence. The other party knowing you are cogently mighty. The whites of her eyes gaping like a fish, her breath is hot and warm against where she hovered over the stranger. (Not so much a stranger anymore.) Moments ago she'd been dangerously mindless, and hopelessly unbridled - now like whiplash Kyeza is suddenly the opposite. Deliberate when bending and crooking neck to lay a dripping wet tongue across the blunt of wounds over the side of Draco's muzzle. Grooming the bites she'd inflicted with a deceptively maternal instinct that might betray the terrorism just committed.

The behemoth almost purrs like a cat. Setting her paw into the tender flesh of his neck, her long silver nails digging into the bits of exposed flesh of his neck like talons. Kye holds Draco in place effortlessly as she licks away the gore. Laying down fully on top of him to envelope him in her warm plume of dark and silver fur. To his size, she covers him completely. Her back legs positioned to either side with a barrel chest pressed to his. 

"These lands," After a while she stops her mothering to lick her teeth and peer inches from his face. White gaze traveling her handiwork with a overbearing grin. "I am laying claim to them here. They will be named 'Sheol' and I will rule them. You," Another pause and affectionate skim of teeth along the lines of his nose - an awkward tense moment passing. " -- will be my first officer."
the staff team luvs u
04-14-2021, 07:09 PM
Even in the soothing licks Draco could still feel the pain. With each lap of her tongue over an open wound, the pain would sting and it didn’t take long for his nerves to send information to his brain. Draco still didn’t fight back, instead of letting his head lay lazily on the ground; it could look as if a lover was trying to soothe their mate. But this wasn't truly love, was it?

As her nails dug into his exposed throat, he gave a hitch of his breath but his expression showed that it was okay; a small smile, a soft look from his eyes. She could press down harder. For a while they both lay there, Kyeza covering his body with hers. She simply cleaned him up, almost gently lapping at his wounds. Each time she hit a rough spot, licked too hard, he would give a small whine as if he wanted more.

Kyeza spoke of claiming the land around them, naming the Sheol. In his heart, he already knew that he would follow her, no matter what. She had given him so much already, he could only give back to her, after all. “I’ll follow you anywhere.” It came out as a whisper - maybe because of the wounds, or her crushing body. But he had to voice his allegiance to her.

the staff team luvs u

04-15-2021, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2021, 01:08 AM by Kyeza. Edited 3 times in total.)
She often secured loyalty through violence.

It was how the beast had learned to function, by the positive reinforcement her negative consequence rewarded. It had happened over and over and over and over again. She had experienced it the first time when she murdered an intruder at the borders to Patras. Chiron had seen her do it, and wistfully adopted her into his graces as an assassin and warrior. Again, it had brought loyalty when she had formed Taboo - and yet again with the self proclaimed god of Ysrin. Kyeza was stuck in the endless ouroboros that she was born into, she perpetuated the cycle by sheer force of will. 

Draco, Draco is a creature cut from the same cloth. A wolf who understood his place in the world and did not question it. He was meant to be conquered by her, she was sure of it now. As these lands were meant to be hers too. It is a pleasing thought, that as the days went along she would keep to her routine and each time grow stronger. She felt invincible in the adrenaline rush after mauling the new male, indestructible each time she escaped misfortune. 

The male squirmed when he wanted something more and she would give it to him in little nips and pinches like pins and needles. Beads and dots of blood would rush beneath her tongue, and all the while Kye would lick it away. It was not meant to be out of fondness though it may appear as so - it was the way a lion groomed it's kill.

"At the cave entrance, if you go through -- take a left, another left - a right - then crawl through the smaller corridor it will widen into a cave with a gorge. Climb down carefully and there is a valley, that is our home. When my pack is settled, and I have rid the land of competitors for the valley, you will not venture from it's belly. But for now, for now you may find others to recruit. Impress me, and you will live to come and go as you please."

Releasing him like a cat that caught a mouse, the hulking titan rises to a stand and heads back towards the cave. Willing to show the following Draco if he tagged along - but for the most part finished with their interaction. It was a taste of what was to come, and her style of ruling. 

[exit kye]
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top