Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Grease Lightning

Group Only
Warcrest
04-22-2023, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2023, 08:45 PM by Leviathan1. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man had caught scent of a pack as far up north as one could go, and the scent caught his attention. A pack in the desert? Interesting. The wolves that lived here were either stupid, or bold, or both. Either way, he wanted to know more. And so, he headed upwards to meet the pack, letting his diplomat, @Solare know what his plans were. 

He sniffed around the borders of this pack before letting out a simple howl, asking for those that called this place home to come speak with him. He still hated doing these diplomatic things, but at least he was getting more used to it.

@Nyra

the staff team luvs u
He does. He speaks. He thinks.
WARNING: 3-3-3 Character
Paladin
04-25-2023, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2023, 04:29 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
The Queen heard the summons from within the caverns, and prowled out with an inquisitive flame in her golden eyes.
The monolith of a woman stalked in the direction of the howl for some time until she could see the brownish man waiting at the edges of her land. 
His eyes were as red as her husband's, she noted as she came closer.
But this boy was not as massive as she and Satan were...she hummed contemplatively for a moment until she came within a body's length from the yearling at her border. 
"I am Nyra, Queen of Warcrest. What brings you to my borders?" She stated, voice authoritative and powerful, body held tall despite her pregnancy. 
She knew she herself was a powerhouse to behold, she did not feel the need to emphasize it.

Her gaze held mild interest and expectancy of his answer.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
04-25-2023, 01:43 PM
Thankfully it didn't take too long for another to approach, but he certainly wasn't expecting a pregnant woman to come meet him. She was much larger than him and clearly older, but that didn't stop him. He made no attempt to lower himself in submission to her, keeping his head held high as well. What he did do however, was nod his head in respectful greeting. "My name is Leviathan Rache, I'm the leader of Damastor down south of you." He paused for a moment, letting the woman take in what he was saying before continuing. 

He dropped his last name without another thought, not thinking anyone would tie his last name back to Vengeance and the Nightwalkers. 

"I came in hopes of possibly forming some sort of alliance or friendly connections." That was how you were supposed to go about that right? He sure hoped so. He wasn't the best at this stuff, but he was doing his best.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-25-2023, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2023, 04:28 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
Nyra listened as he spoke, telling of his status and location, then intentions. 
She appreciated his forthcomingness, but her face was impassive beyond the thin interest.
"I will speak with my Husband about it." She mused, revealing by extension that she did not reign alone here. 
Though that much was likely apparent already, given her swollen belly. 
The Queen hummed contemplatively for a moment before speaking again, "In the meantime, would you mind telling me about Damastor?" She inquired. 
She would in return speak of Warcrest, but not without the price of his own information first.
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
Formation
04-25-2023, 11:38 PM
He nodded slightly, not even bothering to bat an eye as she spoke of a husband. He figured she was in a relationship... or she was a slut, but who was he to judge really. 

Regardless, his attention moved back to her comment about more information. He nodded slightly before speaking. "I'm the sole leader at the moemnt, we live down in the red forest called Ichorwood. We're a rather new pack for the most part, but focus on the ideals that everything around us is watched over by a deity, though we don't preach it heavily." He shrugged slightly, not really one to spout religion to others. They would believe whatever they wanted. "We typically accept everyone and everything, as long as weight is pulled and once you're in, you're family and there's no going back." He thought for a moment before snorting softly, mostly to himself. "As for anything else, feel free to ask whatever." 

He cocked his head to the side slightly. "What about Warcrest?" He wanted to know what he could about the other packs, wondering who's ideals and thoughts connected.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-26-2023, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2023, 04:28 PM by Nyra. Edited 2 times in total.)
The Warqueen listened patiently, unwavering and attentive:
Leviathan, their sole leading body. 
Location - Ichorwood, down south.
Beliefs - religious but not strict; no going back once accepted into their numbers.
Interesting

Now, she would share about Warcrest, as was the unspoken deal. 
Nyra smiled softly "Warcrest is largely focused upon physical strength and battle." She began, "My husband Satan is the King, and I am his wife, the Queen, as I mentioned before. We are the only leading bodies." 
What else, hm? 
"We fear no one and nothing, and are not above taking slaves." She tacked on.
She studied Leviathan's face as she said this, looking for any tells in his opinion on the matter if he did not share them out loud.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-26-2023, 01:42 PM
He nodded and listened dutiable, taking in all the information he could get. What peaked his interest though, was the talk about slaves. Though he personally didn't see much of an issue with it, he wasn't entirely sure how the rest of his pack would react. Thankfully though, he was the only one here right now. "There's nothing to fear if you don't fear death." He said simply with a bit of a shrug. Though young, he really didn't fear death, having grown up around it with the Nightwalkers. 

Even when he was in Northfall, they were in the middle of a war and he personally had fought and killed. So the thought of slaves really wasn't too much of an issue for him. "We currently don't have any slaves, but should someone try and go against us, I see no issues with having them." He said simply, his ears flicking slightly.

It was only then that something clicked in his head. "Wait, you said you're name was Nyra, correct?" Something about that name was familiar, but it certainly couldn't be the same Nyra, right?

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-26-2023, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2023, 04:28 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
The Warqueen listened as the boy shared his personal views on slavery. 
About not having issues with it, so on so forth. 
Then, her gaze sharpened slightly as Leviathan seemed to remember something, and upon him asking her name again, the Queen held impassivity, expertly masking the suspicion she now held for why he was confirming this. 
"Yes, that's correct." Was all she said, tone unchanging.
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2023, 01:56 PM
He thought for a moment, clearly trying to figure out what to say and do. He was taking in everything he got, thinking about his next move. Finally, he would speak up, his voice calm and simple. "Do you know anything about the Nightwalkers?" He asked simply, continuing to watch her face, trying to find any information that she might not speak up.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-26-2023, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2023, 04:27 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
The Warqueen took in his words and gave it some obvious thought, eventually recalling some memories. 
"I don't recall ever hearing that name, no." She began, voice level and calm, "I do however remember a vile-smelling man and who seemed to be his...second? Meeting me and a former friend at their border. We were turned away, likely due to that friend being part dog." She shrugged, clearly unbothered by this assumption. It had been a long time ago by now, no sense scorning it. 
"I haven't seen Alduin in a long time." She revealed, though her voice and expression gave away nothing, "Been at least a year, if not more." She added.
If this boy was speaking of a pack she did not know the name of, he was likely at one time at least closely knit with some of them, but she would bide her time to see what all Leviathan gave in return for her truth. 
"After Alduin and I were turned away, we settled out here at one point with a pack, then left to start our own pack, but I left his side to return to this place." Nyra briefly turned her head a light bit as if to gesture at the Eye behind her, but her golden gaze never fully left the boy at her border. 
Prepared, always.
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2023, 02:37 PM
He nodded slightly, listening closely to everything she said, taking note of things. He had heard of Alduin, another that was marked by Nightwalkers. So this was the same Nyra. Interesting. 

If he wanted to go back home, he probably could drop her name and location and gain some favor back with his father. But for now he had absolutely no interest in going back. And so, he would simply keep this information to himself for now. He did his best to keep his face neutral, trying to hide the slight widening of his eyes when he realized she was marked by the Nightwalkers. 

"Interesting." He nodded his head slightly, shifting to stand up. He had gotten what he wanted for now. "I will take my leave for now. Once you speak with your husband, perhaps you can send a messenger down to my borders."

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-26-2023, 04:27 PM
We can fade here if you'd like Ros! <333

Nyra watched him adjust to start leaving, offering only an acknowledging dip of her muzzle as the boy turned to head back where he had come. 
She wondered what he was hiding and had half a mind to force him to spit it out, but this did not show, masked by her impassivity.
The Queen would wait until he was a mere speck in the far distance before she turned to go find Satan.
This would need to be sorted out, and soon.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top