Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
snow sounds

Morning Overcast
AW
04-14-2023, 03:58 PM
a little vague and all welcome! thanks to anybody who joins as i learn to write her :)

Lithe limbs reached out, stretching out into the cold spring air. It felt as if she had slept for a very long time. A nap that had left her a bit hazy, but she figured that maybe the meal had just been that good! A little food coma for the soul had never hurt anybody, no?

Yet as she pushed herself up, she felt...a little taller. A touch uncoordinated like a newborn fawn. Perhaps that was what gave her the nearly galloping movement. A prance along the cold earth.

She had not woke up in the den, nestled along the boys and her parents. How could this be?! So now it was them she searched for, endlessly in her prancing little gait.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
04-14-2023, 05:37 PM
The soon to be mother moved through the lands, her movements slow but steady as she walked. She was heading towards the cache, searching for a small piece of food. She nosed a few carcasses around before picking out a decent sized rabbit. Her apatite had increased recently but she didn't want to eat all of the food for the pack, so she went out of her way to pick out medium sized meals. 

She heard the soft pitter patter of paws and slowly turned around, her ears flicking slightly as eyes looked upon the child. "You okay little one?"

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-14-2023, 06:01 PM
 Little one.

Her pale eyes turned and although she hid it, there was a soft displeasure in her chest. Perhaps she had the want to be addressed as princess, or anything that showed she was not just a child! Not to mention she had also hoped to stumble upon blood family first, but, ah. Nothing to be done about it!

“Have you seen my mother?”

Her voice came out sleepy and soft. Certainly not the voice she had intended to use! She thought she might sound regal, fierce. A strong thing. Instead her inside was just like her outside. Petite and soft.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
04-14-2023, 06:42 PM
She cocked her head to the side slightly, watching the young wolf for a moment. She didn't know of the child much, but she figured from the scent who her mother was. "Your mother is @Reiko, correct?" She asked softly, not wanting to give the woman any wrong information. 

Thankfully Reiko had been one of the few members that Delgata had seen and talked to more recently, so there wasn't any issues if her assumption was correct.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-14-2023, 06:58 PM
 She blinked those soft blue eyes. Who else could she have come from? None other than the union of Empress and Emperor. Her gaze fluttered softly as she offered a little nod of her head.

“Yes. Or my father maybe? Brothers, too. Any of them really!” Her voice pitched softly upward as if she was finally truly awakening. Although her voice somehow still remained small! Carefully placed in her throat and each word spoken with a whimsy air of curiosity.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
04-14-2023, 07:09 PM
She nodded slightly before speaking with a warm smile on her face as she spoke in her soft tone. "I saw your mother recently, but I haven't seen your father or siblings. Though, I'm sure they are around." Reiko wouldn't have been so calm last time they spoke if her children or husband was missing. 

"I know I'm not family, but is there something you need I could help you with?" She cocked her head to the side slightly, hoping to offer assistance to the young wolf.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-14-2023, 07:17 PM
 Right, well. She supposed she had to keep going then!

A gentle shake of her head side to side. There were things she had to say, wanted to ask, but not to this woman. Not for any ill reason! Vienne merely feared that they might sound...odd. Nor did she wish to start any rumors of her whimsy outgrowing her with the things she may ask.

“No, thank you.” A soft smile.

“How, um, how recently did you see my mother...?”

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
04-14-2023, 07:37 PM
She nodded slightly, not looking angry about not being asked anything. If the girl wanted help, she was here. "Oh, just yesterday actually. She should be around here somewhere." She smiled slightly and nodded her head. "If I see her before you find her, I will tell her you're looking for her, my dear." She offered before nodding her head gently to the young princess.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-14-2023, 08:56 PM
 Oh! Yesterday was not recent at all! Not in the mind of the young princess. Still she accepted this answer with grace.

“Thank you,” A soft nod downward of her head. Then she wished to be off! Prepared to trot and prance the whole mountains if she must to find a more familiar face.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top