Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Baby I'm your man

Early Morning Fog 34° F
P
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 06:59 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)

^^
Soon he would have to set out to speak with Hydra, he had much to tell her and about things that Vengeance would only trust himself with for now. But there was another issue. He could not just leave the Nightwalkers as they were just on the cusp of officially coming together. As their borders grew stronger, their numbers were still relatively low - at least in comparison to his own taste.

He could not leave without having someone to watch over them while he was away for a few days. Hydra and her claim were not too far from where they were now - but far enough to make his journey a couple of days long if he were to move quickly. So he moved, slithering through the woods on the pale man's trail. He had one man in mind to watch over their claim while the Warlord was away...

This would also be a test of sorts, to see if he could be trusted with such a task.
^^

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 07:00 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Caligula was doing his best, truly, but obstacle courses were only so plausible for a beast without thumbs. He'd told Eldra to expect one if she wished to work on her agility, however, and he was determined to pull through. If the pack had been larger, he would have insisted the others join in as well.. but alas, he didn't have that kind of pull over anyone. Caligula was nothing more than an enthusiastic subordinate at the end of the day.

The ghost secured a branch between two rocks, tugging on it slightly to test the sturdiness. It was high even for him, but Eldra would make the decision to go over or below. The course was littered with snap decision making obstacles, and though none would result in death, there were a few he intensified. Falling to the left or right off a balancing log would result in dropping several feet into a rocky gorge, for example. Hesitance was not something she could afford to have.

So caught up in his work, Caligula didn't realize his lord's approach until it was almost too late. The putrid stench stung his nostrils and, fighting a grimace, the wolf barked a greeting towards the approaching form. Henlo.

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 05:12 PM
^^
Thankfully, Caligula was rather easy to find. He was not roaming the woods and thus prolonging the tracking. Instead, he was doing something strange that involved logs and sticks - of which Vengeance was certain had some kind of use to it, but for now, simply looked strange and quirky.

Promptly he was greeted, and the dark lord decided to take a seat this time as he glanced over the scene and Caligula himself all the while. “I hope I am not interrupting.” Rhetorical, a figure of speech as far as Vengeance was concerned. If Caligula was indeed too occupied to talk, it was up to Vengeance to decide whether now or later was were the options.

He chose now. The Warlord was a busy man as well and had no time to dance around everyone else's schedules after all. “I must leave for a few days,” He started, getting right to the point. “I must speak with our allies in the mountains.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-02-2021, 05:35 PM
Caligula was pleasantly surprised to see a lack of all-consuming anger across Vengeance's face. Perturbed, yes, but the ghost had come to know that simply as his face -- resting bitch face, as they said. There was no fire shooting from his mouth when he spoke, however, and Caligula was delighted to see their conversation would only be mildly uncomfortable. It was the most he could hope for nowadays.

He said nothing to the question. Caligula could only imagine how Vengeance would respond if he said yes, he was interrupting and could he come back later? His tail flicked at his hocks, amused at his own thoughts.

Ah, so the king was leaving. "What can I do to help while you're gone?" the beast rumbled, assuming that's why he has come so far to discuss things. It wasn't like Vengeance had to ask permission to leave, so Caligula could only guess. "Is everything well?" Surely if something was amiss, Ven would have told them by now.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 07:01 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Of course Caligula was eager to offer his assistance - which, luckily for him today, was exactly the reason why Vengeance sought him out. “It is why I am here now.” He started, rather uncharacteristically casually. A trap perhaps as if this was the scarred lad's big day, his make it or break it as some would call it in show business. “I would like to entrust you to watch over the pack while I am away.”

Though Vengeance had yet to explain how the ranks within the Nightwalkers worked, this was a task usually assigned to the General in his past life. “Nothing to fret over, simply sharing news and our location to a friend.” Among other things, but without confirmation from Hydra whether the woodland boy he met in the misty field was confirmed or denied by the mountain queen, there was no need to share such information yet of the strange boy.

After all, he seemed frightened enough last they met there was very little concern he would return any time soon.
^^

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 07:01 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
There was a shift in Caligula's demeanor as Vengeance declared his reasoning for arrival. The pale wolf was to be left in charge of the pack while its warlord was away, and there was nothing he took more seriously than leadership. It had been, after all, most of what his past life consisted of -- leading, protecting, training. Although before he had been given a few more hands to assist with it all, the pack was small enough not to pose much of a concern. He hoped.

"Of course," he said with a nod. "I would be glad to be of service." In whatever capacity Vengeance required, really. It was also good to know nothing was amiss, though he was curious about the information to be shared. Not enough to ask about it, of course, but enough that he was intrigued. A few days, he could handle that.

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 07:05 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
He expected nothing less from the one-eyed man. He was quick to accept the responsibility shoved to him abruptly, without as much of a question other than possible curiosity over the topic that would be shared between leaders. “As I expected.” He nodded, again, pleased with the pale man as per usual as it seemed lately. Without having much else to share, the Warlord would begin to prepare for his journey, already he was starting to walk away from Caligula to leave him to whatever he was dealing with here.

“I will inform @Eldra and our newest recruit @Aries of this.” And just like that, with a flick of his tail, he was gone. Off to do as he told, informing a select few of the temporary face in charge while he was away. Hopefully, all would go smoothly and he would indeed be back in only a few days' time to inspect Caligula's work.
^^
last from me! Caligula, you're in charge for a bit. Tags are for visibility

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 07:05 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Well, he hadn't anticipated being thrust to the head of the pack for a few days, but there he was. Vengeance left little room for debate on the matter as he turned to depart, swiftly exiting the scene as quickly as he came. Caligula pondered over the newest recruit and shrugged; if the boy proved unruly, he would simply enlist Eldra to put him down. They would lose a member, but cutting off an infected limb saved the body from dying.

With that, he returned to his work of building.

{exit!}

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top