Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
White Liar

AW
Adventurer
04-07-2023, 02:11 PM
It had been a bit of time since he first met with and recruited both @Fennec and @Apollo and he figured he would take this time to explore the lands around Ichorwood. With his tail held high and nose to the ground, he started to explore, only to come across a pair of antlers sitting on the ground with blood surrounding it. He raised an eyebrow and hesitantly stepped closer, sniffing at it from a distance. He wanted to understand what was happening, but he also didn't want to put himself into a bad position. And so, he would slowly inch closer, eyes darting around quickly.

the staff team luvs u
He does. He speaks. He thinks.
WARNING: 3-3-3 Character
04-14-2023, 09:24 PM
 He stumbled, bumbled, fumbled. Distinctly he missed company more than anything else. What a shame to witness the blooms of spring with no one to shower them in! No one he could sing his songs to while they lapped upon honey and burst berries!

He sighed with a melodic whimsy, a roll of his head. His gaze fell upon something in the distance. No, no! Someone!

Solare moved on featherlight steps closer and closer. His tail waved warmly behind him, oblivious that the man might be defensive over the trinket upon the earth.

“Have I found a brave hunter?”

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-14-2023, 09:44 PM
He was very high strung, not liking how weird this find was. He was already on edge in life just in general, but this put him in full defense mode. And so, when he heard the voice of another, a low growl escaped him as narrowed red eyes flicked over to him. His body was tense, unsure what this other man wanted. 

He raised an eyebrow slightly. "Not my kill. Not this one at least." He said simply, his voice deep but smooth, though he was still a bit young. "But I can hunt easily, why do you ask?" He clearly didn't trust the other man, but wouldn't attack for now. No, instead he was going to wait and see what the stranger wanted.

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2023, 09:51 PM
 He bowed for a moment, humble and respectful. He had not meant to set them off upon the wrong foot! “It was to be a compliment.” He explained with a soft voice of warm honey. How easy it was to slip into his role from before this life.

“If I ask for anything, it will only be company!”

The days spent alone had been tiring more than he wished to admit.

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2023, 10:22 PM
The young boy froze for a moment. He didn’t know what he was expecting, but it certainly wasn’t for the man to bow to him. He blinked a few times in shock before quickly hiding it, only raising an eyebrow slightly. ”Well thanks… I guess.” He said simply, clearly not entirely trusting the stranger. But at least he lowered his guard a bit more, moving to sit and face the man.

As he requested company, the boy would think for a moment before shrugging slightly. ”I suppose I can offer that, as long as you’re okay with a band of misfits.” He said simply, glancing behind him at the land he now called home. His red gaze flicked back to the man. ”The name is Leviathan. And yours?” she figured he might as well try to be friendly, even if it was difficult for him.

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2023, 11:10 PM
 “Oh, I am far from judgy in the company I keep. My only focus is that I bring pleasure and entertainment to them!”

This surely would not be so hard, no? He had spent endless nights weaving tales for rogues and outcasts, warming their beds until the sun came for them. Solare had known this life longer than he was convinced he had known this body.

“I am Solare. A great pleasure to meet you, Leviathan.” Another bow! This one a bit lower with a sweeping tuck of his front legs beneath him.

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2023, 11:23 PM
Again with the bowing. This was getting weird, but Levi didn’t really know how to handle it. ”Do you bow like this to everyone?” He asked slowly, clearly a tad uncomfortable with it. But, if it was what the other one did, he certainly wasn’t one to judge.

”Nice to meet you Solare.” He gave a bit of a sideways gland at the antlers on the ground, still not really liking that, but he would have to investigate it further at a later date. For now, the stranger had his full attention. And so, he stood only to move away from the antlers and found a comfortable seat near the stranger, feeling a tad more comfortable now that no attacks had come towards him.

”So tell me, is the company you’re looking for short term or long term?” He wasn’t really interested in providing pointless entertainment for a stranger, but if this man could prove an ally or even a possible member, Levi’s interest would skyrocket.

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2023, 12:45 AM
“It is the way I was taught.” He admitted softly. “It is the way I will live.” A subservient being, here only to weave entertainment. He did not wish to bring about discomfort! Yet he could not imagine a life where he did not sweep in greetings with the familiar fall of a bow.

“Long term if they will keep me!” He laughed, bright and shining. “I believe that we are not creatures made to be alone — and I feel that perhaps I feel that strongest of all beings.”

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2023, 01:01 AM
He raised an eyebrow at the man's words, nodding ever so slowly. So he did bow like this to everything. Great. That meant he would likely have to deal with the bowing for the whole time they traveled together. Hopefully he could get used to it. 

That or he would just find a way to ignore it. 

His ears flicked slightly at the man's words of long term, and instantly his eyes lit up slightly, a newly fanned flamed in his red gaze. "I don't see why not. I'm making a new pack, one that follows the ideals of bonds and family heavily. It is called Damastor. As long as you're okay with that, then I think we can get along swimmingly." He felt no reason to lie to the man or hold anything back, and watched him carefully to see how he would react. 

He knew he was young and, because of that, still had a bit of a stigma that others would question his rule as everyone he had gathered thus far was older than him. But so far, he had been grateful to find those that didn't seem to mind.

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2023, 02:38 AM
 Oh! A king to be was who Solare had found! He supposed he ought to weave in worshipful ways tonight, to celebrate and enjoy the rising of a new place. A new mark upon the land.

“I am more than okay — I am honored to be there for the rise!” His tones fell a bit hushed, but excited still, buzzing align with new found enchantment. “How may I help? What things must I do for you?”

Yet the brilliant shimmer in his gaze would show only excitement at the idea of orders.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-17-2023, 02:59 AM
His ears pinned back slightly at the man’s new found excitement, taken slightly aback by it. But, he quickly recovered and even found himself chuckling softly. ”Well, what are you good at? Let’s start there.” He had already given @Apollo and @Fennec goals based on what they were good at, so he figured he would do the same for Sol as well.

He moved to stand now, stretching slightly and shaking out his fur. He figured he might as well take the man back to their new home soon.

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2023, 04:12 AM
 “Well, I am skilled in things that bring pleasure.” His eyes twinkled with warmth. “I weave stories, I keep company, I design things when needed.” A soft roll of his shoulders. A nearly coy look upon his face!

“I am made to be social. My existence is for this.”

Did the young king understand? Did he have a place for Solare to use these skills among his court?

the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-17-2023, 07:10 PM
The young boy thought for a moment before a small smile showed on his features. This was perfect actually, someone social and clearly more willing to talk to others cordially. "How about a diplomat? I need someone who can weave their words in a way to help us." Because he clearly wasn't good at speaking diplomatically, that much was clear. 

"You can come with me to meet other packs and spread the word of Damastor. How does that sound?" He cocked his head to the side as he began to walk back home, clearly expecting the other to follow, though he kept his pace slow and steady.

the staff team luvs u
04-18-2023, 12:30 AM
 A diplomat!

Never, in all of his most vibrant dreams, had he imagined he might be a diplomat. He had been a servant, an entertainer, a warm body when called upon. Never before had he been stationed as something so...noble.

“I would love this. It would bring me a great sense of honor to be a diplomat of Damastor.”

He resisted the urge to bow fully! Yet he did lower his head considerably before it rose once more. Now he trotted featherlight alongside his new King.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-18-2023, 01:04 AM
He chuckled softly, noticing how he didn't bow. As they walked back home, he would find himself smiling a little. "Well, welcome to Damastor, diplomat Solare." He glanced over at him for a moment before speaking his thoughts. "In a few days, once you get your bearings, I want you to come find me. I want to head south west and meet the pack that I caught scent of over there. I want you to accompany me."

He would let the man take as much time as he needed to ready himself, but he wanted to get things up and running as soon as possible.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-18-2023, 02:02 AM
feel free to fade out and they can have something new? :D
misc. coordinator

“Of course,” He was prepared to accompany the young man anywhere if he so much as breathed the word! He was a man lifted from things he had always know. Oh, how much he had to prove!

“Perhaps, if you wish Damastor to be the type, we assemble a gift of sorts before we depart. A show of goodwill and an easier doorway into alliance, no?” He could envision it now. A skin must be hastily made to hold the things they might gather. Bones for the spring children's teeth, meat if they wished generosity, herbs if they wished healers!

Ah, yes! He had realized he had stumbled himself into a coordinator's role as well as a diplomat.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top