Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
when the clock is laughing at me

Late Evening Sunny/Clear
AW
04-02-2021, 01:49 AM
A deep breath, he felt his wings locking up. Falling down, down, down. His eyes were tightly shut, and opening them felt like firing a gun. Lup gave a large gasp, the world feeling like it was spinning around him. Flinging his wings about, he was able to finally grasp a draft and caught himself before hitting the forest floor. He lighted down onto a nearby branch, catching his breath. What had happened?

With dread building up in his gizzard, Lup tried to remember what he had been doing. His heart had been racing, talons ready to strike. A fight, perhaps? But why had he been fighting? Looking about, he was alone. None of it made sense. He peered up at the setting sun. It’s dusk. I am Lupus Nix. He tried to calm himself, but the more he tried to think, the more panic shook his hollow bones.

“Hello?” He called out to anyone who might be close. With a powerful upstroke of a knight, he flew through the trunks of the trees. Darkness was starting to set in as he flew. After a few minutes, he would settle down onto the gnarled roots of a big tree, trying to decide what to do. He knew, felt it in his gizzard, that he was needed somewhere. But nothing was coming to mind, and the still air was all that greeted him into this world.
the staff team luvs u

04-02-2021, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 02:03 AM by Eldra. Edited 1 time in total.)
snagging!

Eldra was out and about today, exploring, more or less.
It was about time she would be heading back to the Blackwood, but upon hearing a voice, she pulled towards it, seeing a beautiful snowy owl.

"Greetings!" She called to Lup, approaching hesitantly
the staff team luvs u
04-02-2021, 03:00 AM
As Lup took deep breaths, fighting back the loud, colorful static of his mind, he heard someone speak to him. ”Greetings!” A white wolf spoke to him, and his feathers twitched along his spine. He did not feel familiar with this particular wolf, but he felt a calm that a regular owl might not feel around such a large canid.

The wolf hesitated some in her advance, and Lup hopped forward a few steps. “Oh good, someone else.” In the very short time span since his fall, he had started to think that “I’m not sure where I am. Do you know where...where…” Where was home? He knew it had a name, but he couldn’t place it. “I’m sorry, I just, I can’t seem to remember...anything.” He figured he probably sounded crazy.
the staff team luvs u

04-02-2021, 04:21 AM
Her gaze was apologetic to match the words that came. 
"None of us here that I've met...remember much of anything of the past." Eldra commented softly. "It would be best to simply build anew, in my opinion." She advised, looking him over with awe. 
Surely, he came from somewhere great. The titaness could only imagine.
the staff team luvs u
04-03-2021, 12:00 AM
Eldra spoke of the memory issue with a voice of sympathy, and for a few heartbeats, Lup looked at the group. In his gizzard, he could feel that he had a home, a family. There were others out there waiting for him. Not only could he not go back to them, but he also couldn’t even remember them. Did they even remember him?

“I-I’m sorry. That’s...a lot to take in.” He turned his head away, staring at the ground. After some more moments of silence, he ruffled his feathers and shook his head. He knew that in his gizzard he was a warrior of sorts, that that doesn’t let small setbacks hold him back. “What should I do, you think? Do you believe there is any chance I might find my family in this world?” Even as Lup asked, he didn’t feel exactly hopeful. Was he still even on the same planet anymore?
the staff team luvs u

04-05-2021, 07:30 PM
The owl seemed troubled by her news. 
So Eldra offered a slow exhale and a shake of her head. 
"I think it best to start anew. There's no guarantee you'd find them here.." 
the staff team luvs u
04-05-2021, 09:47 PM
Part of Lup was upset that Eldra was so blunt, but he knew it was what he needed to hear. There was no way to sugar-coat such a thing. The snowy owl took a deep breath, closing his eyes. He was a fighter, a knight. He could survive on his own. Well, maybe he could find some others to survive with. Maybe there were other owls out there, and he could work with them. He opened his eyes and looked at the she-wolf. 

"Thank you, miss, for being honest with me." False hope was something that burned and made someone sour. "I think I will try to find more of my kind." It was spoken slowly as if he were still deciding. "Oh! What is your name, miss? I'm Lupus - everyone calls me Lup." He didn't know what evil Eldra was serving, and in his naive mind, he saw her as a potential friend, someone he could possibly trust. If he couldn't find his kind, maybe he would live among the wolves - it felt familiar to him enough. But he set his gizzard on trying to find his own kind first.
the staff team luvs u

04-05-2021, 09:54 PM
She saw his sadness, and part of her felt it with him. 
Some deep, silenced part of her. 

To his thanks, she only nodded, an acknowledgement to his gratitude. 

"My name is Eldra. It's a pleasure." She responded to his question, intent to respect his wishes. 

"Good luck in your travels" She smiled
the staff team luvs u
04-05-2021, 09:58 PM
Lup gave Eldra the best smile he could. He tried to remain hopeful. There was surely a place in this world for him, otherwise, he would make a place for himself. He turned his back to the white wolf, and pumped his wings, and jumped into the air. 

Over his shoulder, he called back to Eldra. "Thank you and take care, Eldra." With that, he headed north. 

finished i believe :)

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top