Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Wake

Sunrise Overcast 30° F
AW
Haldis
04-02-2023, 06:44 AM
ALL WELCOME, assuming other members of Haldis are no longer around! If any Haldis wolves are present though feel free to jump in! <3

The Augur woke with a start.
She immediately felt this sleep was longer than other nights...
Rising calmly, Eldritch started sniffing through the frozen trees, trying to catch the scents of any of her packmates. 
@Sorina, even @Erebus ...

Nothing, it seemed. 
Perhaps her nose was still asleep, but in the moment, she assumed something had happened, for the Everfrost seemed so barren.
Too empty...

Eldritch was not one to lose her cool so easily, but with such a sudden change, she was jarred, confused, lost. 

"Sorina?" The Seer called out, to see if the Ice Queen would answer her...
the staff team luvs u
04-02-2023, 06:45 PM
Finally. 

Finally she made it back to her pack, though it was a long and annoying road to get here, she was happy to finally be here. Instantly, her nose went to the ground, searching for her mate. But, the scent was stale, making her sigh slightly. There was a scent that was strong though, and she trailed after it. Finally, she came upon another of her pack, letting out a soft 'woof' in greeting. "Good to finally see someone from the pack.. any idea what happened?" She asked simply, walking over to stand near the other wolf.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Polish
  • French
[Image: 54091791_gsYy8w7bxtnll9X.png]
04-02-2023, 07:43 PM
Eldritch did not startle as Misoka appeared. 
Then again, the Witch was rarely ever jumpy to begin with, in all fairness.
"No clue." She answered to the female after a raise of her head, brief. 
Lowering her slim muzzle to the snow again, she continued to sniff around despite the faintness of the scents from Haldis. 

"I woke up some time ago this morning, and now, they're all gone." She uttered for Misoka.
After many long minutes, "What shall we do with ourselves?" The Spiderling asked, implying the matter at hand and what directions they would each go. 
Would they stay until Sorina or anyone else returned? 
Find somewhere new?
the staff team luvs u
04-03-2023, 11:20 PM
She nodded hesitantly, looking around. So it was pretty much what she had thought, interesting. Her ears flicked slightly at the night woman's words and shrugged slightly before speaking. "Honestly? I was thinking about lingering for a little, at least until the scent if stale and if no one is back by then, going off on my own." She raised an eyebrow and cocked her head to the side slightly. "Why? Are you looking for a traveling companion?" 

She didn't really care either way if the woman chose to come with or go on her own. There were pros and cons for traveling together and being alone. If they were traveling together, they would likely be more able to hunt and protect themselves, but there would be two mouths to feed and who knew how well they would actually work together when in close proximity to each other. On the other end of that though, being alone meant it was harder to keep oneself fed and safe at all times.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Polish
  • French
04-04-2023, 07:39 PM
The Witch hummed in thought, considering...
"I think I will stay as long as you do for now, in case Sorina or anyone else returns. After all I am her Consort..." Eldritch mused.
She mulled over options in her mind, and eventually inquired, "What will we do if nobody comes back though? Leave entirely? Start anew?" She was half asking herself out loud, but also looking for Misoka's input.
the staff team luvs u
04-04-2023, 08:07 PM
She seemed to think for a moment before shrugging. "Honestly, I'm not sure. Might wander around and see what happened around the area." She thought for a moment before glancing up at the woman again. "In reality I personally prefer being a loner most of the time, but I'm interested to see if @Sorina is still around."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Polish
  • French
04-12-2023, 06:57 AM
Eldritch hums in response and eventually...
"Agreed." She exhales, turning to wander deeper into the trees. 
If Sorina was still around, it would certainly be known sooner rather than later. 
Eldritch counted on the Ice-Queen making at least some noise if she was close, and awake...
"For now, let's scout and check caches." She offered over her shoulder to Misoka with a brief pause.
the staff team luvs u
04-12-2023, 11:42 PM
Figured we could end it here and maybe make a new thread later?

She nodded slightly, no more words needed. Stretching slightly, she moved to follow the woman, her eyes shifting to look around her. Was their home and pack really gone just like that?

Then her eyes shifted back to the woman. Could she really handle living with only this other woman? All these questions would likely be answered in time, but for now, she followed to the cache to check it out and see if they needed to hunt.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Polish
  • French
scroll to top