Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone

03-30-2023, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2023, 08:29 PM by Fenn.)
She couldn't help but smile at his smirk, lowering her chin a bit to lean closer in a playful, challenging manner. She was nothing but a child in this moment.

“Do you doubt yourself so much?” A faux gasp and she'd nearly snorted in laughter, but held it in as best she could. “I'm sure you wouldn't be top bad to have around.”

She then felt his paw whack itself a few times across her nose. But she couldn't let this slide. Oh no! On the last go, her mouth opened slightly, teeth snatching his paw. It was with minimal force, of course, hardly applying any pressure, if any at all. Like a puppy, teething for the first time!
the staff team luvs u
·       `` CAN I BE YOUR DAYDREAM? ``       ·
Paladin
03-30-2023, 08:40 PM
He rolled his eyes at her words, holding back his laughter as well. "I'm curious to see how long you think that." His eyes widened slightly when he bit gently on his paw before a large smirk spread across his features.

He quickly pushed himself forward, aiming to switch their positions so that she was pinned to the ground, though he made sure to do so gently in an attempt to now hurt her. "Looks like you're stuck with me now princess." He lowered his head slightly towards her, aiming to whisper softly into her ear as he spoke.

the staff team luvs u
He does. He speaks. He thinks.
WARNING: 3-3-3 Character
03-30-2023, 08:48 PM
In one instance, she was on top of him. And now, the tides had turned. He returned to where he had started.

Rats! She could never truly be the winner. How unfortunate.

“Princess?” She mused, shuddering almost as she felt the warmth of his breath against her ear. Reaching a bit, her nose tapped his own. “Keep calling me that... you may find yourself in that thorn bush I promised.” And she would ensure he couldn't escape this one.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
03-30-2023, 09:11 PM
He smirked at her words, feeling her nose bump against his. "Oh really? Did I hit a nerve there?" He teased, bending down to try and press his nose against her neck, taking in a deep breath of her scent. Just as quickly, he would pull away, backing up slightly and letting her stand up again. "Good thing I'm not scared of thorns." He mused softly before turning to start walking again, flicking his tail slightly and glancing over his shoulder. "Lets get going, you have plenty of time to get to know me and run for the hills, princess." He smirked slightly.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
03-31-2023, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2023, 03:59 PM by Fenn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Wriggling her nose, she offered a faux scowl towards his jest.

“Hah hah,” She mocked playfully.

When he mentioned setting off, she almost protested, tired of the constant walking. But when she heard the comment about running for the hills, she couldn't help herself. “A run for the hills, eh?” Shoving a quick shoulder against his, she lunged forward and broke into a run.

“Better keep up, thorn man!” Fennec shouted, tone and movements boisterous.

She didn't stop at any time to look behind her, with high hopes that he would take her up on this challenge and run after her.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
03-31-2023, 03:51 PM
He felt her push into him and he stumbled slightly, though due to their size difference, it didn't really hurt him. In reality, he thought her tiny stature was kind of adorable. Of course he would never in a million years say that out loud. No, he would simply keep those thoughts to himself, hidden behind his snarls and grimaces. 

And so, when he saw her rush past him, he would roll his eyes and sigh slightly before breaking out into a run. His long legs kept up easily, after all he trained daily in things like cardio, speed and endurance. However, it was clear that he kept himself slightly behind her, letting her keep the lead. He didn't really care where they went anything, he just wanted to leave this area and the memories that hurt behind.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top