Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
You leapt from crumbling bridges

P
03-28-2023, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 02:16 AM by Regal. Edited 2 times in total.)
Regal didn't get much of a chance before, so I've decided I'm going to give one now and keep this boy alive!
@Nyra for this one? They need some good 'ole mother/son bonding time.
Will be making quite a few assumptions regarding his upbringing, considering how much time has passed! If anything needs to be changed, let me know!

Months upon months had gone by since the day he and his half-blood litter were taken into the care of the man Satan and woman Nyra, both of which were now his parents. And while, at first, he held little regard for either, Regal had now grown to think more highly of them.

Of course, now he was grown in more ways than one. Slowly, but surely, the shape of a boy would become that of man, muscle and mass filling in where it was most necessary and beneficial. When compared to his adopted parents, he certainly fit in.

Mother,” He greeted Nyra, having become accustomed to call her this. His tone had become full, thick, gruff. That of a man. Or — soon to be...

Standing tall before her, his mentor and paragon, there was a glint of pride and undoubted confidence in his gaze. Unabashedly, he showed himself off as the ideal son, taking into assumption that his parents thought of him this way. But how could they not? He trained night and day, obeyed their orders, and looked up to them both in every way! What child could be more perfect than this?

the staff team luvs u
03-28-2023, 04:21 AM
Nyra stood above the main cavern, overlooking her kingdom when Regal approached. 
Mother.
He was growing into a very fine young man, promising much potential.
"Regal." She greeted back, a small smile upon her features as her amber gaze found his form, "What brings you to me today, my son?" She inquired, ears pulled forward to hear his words.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
03-28-2023, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 04:30 AM by Regal. Edited 1 time in total.)
Even with how highly he thought of himself, he still held a sense of dignity. And as far as Warcrest knew, he was nothing but a mere child in the ranks. Regal wanted to change that... to prove that he was more.

“I've worked hard, mother. You know this... ”and I'm sure father does too. But he didn't suggest this aloud.

A fist-like paw dug its way into the ground, venting out physical frustration. “But I don't feel as though anyone else sees it. I want to be more... to be seen as more.” And he wanted them all to see it. To see his power and strength; his potential, for it would be greater than any in the coming months!

But could Nyra make this happen? Would she?

Regal looked to her now, expectant... pleaing, hopeful.

the staff team luvs u
04-01-2023, 02:59 PM
Nyra's gaze was impassive and yet gentle as she heard the boy out. 
Indeed, he has worked hard, and she has witnessed much of it.

The punch of his paw to the dirt was not missed. 

The Queen mulled over what to do, what to say...
She hummed in her thoughts before she spoke again.
"I will speak to your Father about your wants." She mused, "I will see about you becoming one of our Soldiers at the very least." She added, looking back out over the expanse of the land as she waited for the boy's reaction, good or bad.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
04-01-2023, 03:07 PM
A soldier, at the very least. 

That was all he wanted! It wasn't much to ask of, was it?

“Thank you, mother,” He answered with a calm note, skull dipping politely. 

And now he could go on about his day with great confidence in mind. Soon, he would no longer be considered a mere child. But more.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top