Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
pacemaker

Sunset Overcast
AW
Warcrest
03-26-2023, 07:31 PM
Maybe @Nyra so he knows both leaders? :D AW though!
Random Prompt: The stale scent of a bear is within the area. Where you first detected the beast are the remains of a fallen bee hive. There are still a few honeycombs that are salvageable.

He had stirred on guard. The scent that smacked his nostrils was stale, but unmistakable. He would not rest until he had made sure it was gone. Satan had given him a place and Vuk would gut any creature that threatened it. Simple.

Yet the air became sweetened by something else as the stench of the bear faded from the area. As if it had been a ploy, but bears were not so smart. He did not think so. They were simple beasts like himself.

So he prodded at the honeycomb that laid upon the warm, evening earth. The sticky substance it left upon his lips was sweeter than he cared for. Perhaps the king would wish for it. A gift, a bounty of nutrients surely, otherwise why would a bear care for it?

He loosened out a small call and wondered if any would come see what had been left for them.

the staff team luvs u
Located in Sirius.
Always available for sprees.
03-26-2023, 07:36 PM
-snags-

The Warqueen heard the howl, one she did not know...yet.
But the stranger's scent was mixed with her Husband's, so as the behemoth drew closer she did not attack him. 
Instead she let out a loose rumble of acknowledgement as her great head bent to inspect the scene. 

Honey, bees, and the scent of bear
Nyra's fur spiked, and her head lifted some as she flagged her tail for Warcrest's newest slab of meat to follow her whilst she trailed what was left of the bear's scent.
Was it still close, or did it retreat elsewhere? 

She hoped for the latter.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
Paladin
03-26-2023, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2023, 07:42 PM by Vuk.)
 He rumbled wordlessly back to her. His tail twitched with curiosity, but he was quick to lower himself in her presence. It could be easily assumed that to all he would be at the bottom of the pecking order to those who stood as Warcrest longer.

He would need to learn where and who to raise himself with, but now was not the time.

Now he became a hammer to be wielded by her mighty hand. He too held worries of the bear's continued presence. It did not smell fresh enough for any immediate panic, but any arrival of it this close was enough cause for concern. He rumbled his displeasure of it to her and figured she would understand.

He only narrowly cut ahead of her leading trail to take the other side of its trail. His features crinkled and the distaste for the whole situation remained clear as day upon him.

the staff team luvs u
Located in Sirius.
03-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Nyra allows the man to go ahead of her. 
She sees the distaste on his features, the soldierly way he carries himself. 
Weaponized in the potential presence of a threat. 
The Queen smiles to herself, pleased at this, as she continues following the scent of the bear. 

It does not seem to stay in the territory, but perhaps she missed something... 

left it open for you to decide if they encounter the bear or not! <3

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-26-2023, 08:01 PM
<3

He weaved, he traced, he guarded. His posture flickered between serpentine and bullish. If they encountered the bear, he would be the one to take the blow. This he would be sure of.

A queen had more worth than the warrior new come to her kingdom.

Yet they were both spared loss. Him a life, her a warrior. The scent only staled further, the beast had not come back to finish the treat it had knocked free. Perhaps it had returned to a slumber, perhaps it figured the scents of many were not worth the taste of sweet honey.

This would be the report he gave in the soft lifting of his features and the sharp bark that sounded from him. All clear. They would be without bloodshed from bear claws today. Did she find it as favorable as he did?

the staff team luvs u
Located in Sirius.
03-27-2023, 07:46 PM
The Queen noted too, the fading scent as they got closer to the outskirts of her kingdom.
The man's bark from ahead was confirmation to what she was concluding within her head. 

Nyra would approach with a satisfied sway of her plume, looking now to Vuk as she stopped beside him.
"I trust you've already met my Husband, Satan." She mused.
After a brief moment, she added "I am Nyra, the Queen." 
The look upon her face was lightly expectant, allowing space for the Soldier to introduce himself.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-28-2023, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 01:04 AM by Vuk.)
 He felt he had done his task well as soldier of Warcrest. Protected the pregnant queen from a possible bear onslaught — and although the risk had seemingly been lower than first thought, he had still done so.

This alone brought with it a sense of pride, a sense of belonging.

So he kept his body angled between her and where the tracks of the beast weaved outward, away from the pack's claim. In case, he silently told himself. Should it somehow reemerge without warning (a thought that he finds no more disturbing than his own arrival here), he would be ready.

But first he dipped his head, low beneath bearish shoulders.

“Vuk,” He drawled with a soft warmth like desert sands. Satan had been good to him. Nyra already proved to be the same to him as well. Anyone who placed a task or duty upon his shoulders was good to him. “Warcrest Soldier. At your call, Queen.”

the staff team luvs u
Located in Sirius.
03-28-2023, 01:23 AM
Vuk, Warcrest Soldier. At your call, Queen. 
Nyra was pleased with this, gesturing softly with her head for the Soldier to follow, back into the depths of her lands. 
"I too am Soldier, Fighter, Berserkr, Skjaldmær..." She rumbled casually, "But being pregnant," She glances to her swollen belly briefly. "I cannot be such from now on. Not until my children are born." After all, She is the Warqueen, her breath and blood is battle, but she knew she must also reproduce if possible, give Satan at least one heir...

She did not think of her Firstborn now, of Sovereign. 

Her mind did not look back in this moment. 
Her tones were matter-of-fact; She knew her situation, being pregananant, would not give room to continue to train, spar, fight, until the younglings were born.
She willed herself to stay positive, to not worry they would not thrive outside her womb.
The underlying anxiety was undetectable.
the staff team luvs u
03-28-2023, 01:43 AM
 Pregnancy.

He did not think such a place was fitting for a thing like that. Pregnancy, childbirth, screaming babes suckling at a mother's side. Yet he too understood that future soldiers might be birthed into the Warcrest claim this way. That King and Queen often did procreate. Natured begged it.

“You have healer? Midwife?”

Perhaps it was not his place to ask, but he had seen little of Warcrest so far.

the staff team luvs u
Located in Sirius.
03-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Nyra thought on his question.
Now that she thought about it...
"We did, but I have not seen or scented them for some time now..." She responded, pausing to scrape her scent into the dirt with her paws.
She would continue onward in the passing moments, "We will need to find more." She stated as she prowled, tail lashing with mild irritation that Lemon or even Suzune were nowhere to be found so far. 

She didn't specify to recruit them, after all, Warcrest has taken slaves before.
the staff team luvs u
03-28-2023, 01:57 AM
 He did not understand.

What midwife left the post as the pregnancy reached a high? Why did a place of soldiers not hold a battle medic? A frustration buzzed and baffled him in equal turns. Hackles softly flared as if he absorbed any frustration she may have held over it.

“Find.” He assured with a bullish snort.

“Need anything else? Can find it too.”

the staff team luvs u
Located in Sirius.
04-01-2023, 02:54 PM
Nyra took his assurance in stride, smiling softly.
"At the moment, we only need members. Bodies, to fill our ranks." She uttered, though she would talk to Satan about it and see if anything else was within their priorities. 
She couldn't think of anything, but...it was always a good idea to check.
the staff team luvs u
04-03-2023, 02:52 AM
fade? :D

He understood, yes. Bodies would always be needed in this way of life.

If she was so inclined to let him go with this information, he saw no need to linger any longer. She could head back into the heart (or wherever she pleased as Queen) and he may wind after the bear's scent a while longer.

Or until something else yanked his attention beyond.

the staff team luvs u
Located in Sirius.
scroll to top