Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Reboot

Sunrise Overcast
AW
Adventurer
03-26-2023, 04:49 AM
It had been stormy. Cold. Had it been a late blizzard? Maybe. Whatever it was, it was enough that they'd lost their way some time ago. And now that things had cleared and light was returning to the world, the early light that filtered through the clouds brought no familiarity. It was still cold, that was about all that they knew.

Shores of a winter-locked lake. Okay. They didn't think this was a good place to stay long term, so after giving the lake and the surrounding cliffs another, perhaps final glance, they turned and started heading away. They weren't sure which way they were going nor what their destination would be, and to a point didn't care. This place just seemed too barren to easily find food, or at least so suggested his inexperienced eye, so going elsewhere seemed best. Wherever that would be. They didn't seem to be too bothered by whatever went on, they just were taking things as they rolled through, going with the flow.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
03-27-2023, 05:07 PM
The snow white woman moved slowly through the new lands, sniffing the air as she did so. Things were different and she wanted to explore. Granted, she probably should have gone to see @Reiko first, but curiosity got the better of her and she just had to see the new lands. And so, she wandered out of the pack borders, looking around with great interest. At first, she didn't even notice the other wolf, her nose too busy sniffing at the edges of the lake, her tail flipping happily behind her. 

Her stomach was starting to get round, a clear indication that she was pregnant and should probably have stayed in the confines of the pack borders. But, that didn't stop her.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

03-27-2023, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 09:28 PM by Cirrus.)
New and old really hadn't mattered to them. It was all unfamiliar and they wouldn't be able to call out what had changed even if it stared them in the face. Quite frankly, they just weren't expecting to ever see anything that struck that chord that was somewhere they'd been before. It was just how life was and they accepted that fact. Or something along those lines.

They spotted someone else in the distance, also light in color, but larger if they were gauging things right, but didn't think more deeply about it than that. Perhaps they operated on the thought that discretion was the better part of valor, or perhaps not. More likely they didn't want to disturb anyone, and after a slight pause where they'd thought about this all continued along their way. The goal was just to just continue to slip away without really being a bother, wanting to refrain from interrupting a hunt or whatever the distant stranger might be doing.
the staff team luvs u
03-27-2023, 10:16 PM
Finally the scent of another caught her attention and she glanced over noticing the wolf wandering in the distance. She didn't realize that he was trying to slink away without being seen and would simply offer a warm welcome. "Hello there stranger." She said simply, nodding her head in greeting. A quick sniff told her that the man wasn't from any packs, but that didn't bother the woman. She figured that, if he didn't attack her while her back was turned, then she didn't have much to fear from him.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

03-27-2023, 11:29 PM
They'd been spotted. It didn't seem to be an aggressive interaction so far, but that didn't mean they were tossing caution to the wind -- they kept their distance, and certainly weren't going to be snuggling up for a hug or anything any time soon.

Though she didn't seem to be unpleasant or anything, she was still a stranger, and Cirrus preferred to keep their distance if needed, especially since she may not actually be alone. In the long term she wasn't, but just because they couldn't spot anyone right now, it didn't mean there wasn't someone else there. There was that pause as they thought about it, then a quiet reply, “Hello. Sorry for disturbing you.” This time the second pause was barely a breath, “I was leaving.” Their expression had remained particularly neutral, and their tone of voice hadn't given any more clues on what might have been beneath the surface. They took another step to point out their willingness to leave if needed.
the staff team luvs u
03-28-2023, 12:24 PM
She sighed slightly when she saw how quickly the other wolf seemed to want to leave, and she hoped she didn't scare him off. However, she would remain in her spot, not risking walking closer in case she startled him too much. "You don't have to if you don't want to. I was merely saying 'hello'." She spoke kindly, almost in a motherly voice in an attempt to soothe the man's high nerves. "But I will not stop you from leaving, though before you go." She glanced over at the lake for a moment. "How long have you been within these lands.... this lake is new, right?" She wanted to make sure she wasn't just ignorant.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

03-28-2023, 07:05 PM
Cirrus seemed to be very set on the goal of leaving the area, but given their previous reasoning, it still seemed like the best thing to do. “I do not think I will be staying here, regardless. It is not the kind of place I would like to live.” So it wasn't entirely her fault that they would be moving on -- it was just in best interest to do so.

They shook their head, “I am just traveling through, I do not know anything about this place.” Which was accurate. What she said sounded fairly odd to them too, but they figured they just misunderstood or was interpreting it weird. A slightly lower tone, “Sorry, I am just not the right one to ask.” They weren't sure what else to say about it really. Should they be ashamed of this? They didn't think so but sometimes others had other opinions. There was also the issue of misinterpreting the word "new," they assumed that she meant that perhaps the lake had been formed from an early thaw and then froze again -- that would make it new in one sense, if it hadn't been here in fall.
the staff team luvs u
03-28-2023, 08:52 PM
She nodded slightly, seeming to understand the need to leave an unfamiliar place and continue on. Before she had found Shiroshika, she had enjoyed traveling and wandering. But now giving her current predicament, she couldn't do so safely for the time being. Not that she minded, she was excited for her impending litter. 

Pulling her thoughts back to the present, she nodded slightly, realizing how odd her question may have sounded to someone who didn't know. "Right, my apologies, I hope you have a good day, oh and safe travels." She dipped her head in farewell but made no attempt to walk away herself. No, she figured she would stay by the lakeside for just a little bit longer. "My name is Delgata, by the way, I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself before."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

03-29-2023, 07:40 PM
They dipped their head politely, “Cirrus.” It was a simple reply, but it was really all that was needed as far as introductions went. “Safe travels to you too. Hope you can find someone who has answers. Sorry I couldn't help.” Still apologetic, even though there was nothing they could have done as far as that went. They were honest, which they thought was far better than just making something up that she may or may not have wanted to hear. People did prefer the truth, didn't they? They did, at least.

All things considered, they felt like that went kind of well. They still weren't really sure what to do if they ran into someone else on down the line, but Cirrus figured they'd sort it out one way or another. It was just how life was. They just hoped that by next time they were somewhere that they didn't feel like they needed to leave ASAP. They'd stay put a little bit longer just to make sure Delgata didn't have anything else to say, but assuming she didn't, they'd start heading off.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top