In the heart of winter, the air chilled far beyond the ordinary in each and every region. The herds became more scarce as they too sought warmth that could not be found anywhere. All at once the world seemed to shift; the earth quaked, the sun darkened, and on the most dreadful of days, the weather dipped into temperatures that felt impossible to survive. Time felt like a construct, but this was attributed to the brutality of winter. Even the oldest living creatures lamented how they had never seen worse days.
And then, one night, everything stopped. The world was placed gently into its own cryosleep, and none could say what happened next. Astra used this opportunity and saw to it that the world was changed to fit a new vision. A world where any could live comfortably, and hoped that this time it might be without bloodshed. When this was done, Astra was left exhausted and slumbered on beside Their reimagined world. Only once Their energy was restored did They rouse with the coming of spring, and by design or by the whimsy of their intentions, the dregs of sleep impressed upon any that inhabited Their creation abruptly ended.
With the new dawn of this new land’s first day, it became evident that there had been mistakes. In Astra’s frustration to shape the world to Their liking, They had seemingly misplaced several beloved puzzle pieces. Habitants, canyons, shores, even whole settlements, lost in the blank space of creation. Those that remained may never notice or forever question the unexplainable wild shifts they had been subjected to, as life continues on all the same.
For more OOC information about this event, see this thread
All pregnancies have been pushed forward by the amount of time we have been closed. You are free to have your character interpret the events however they want to, but they cannot have been awake for the entire time. Here are some options:
- Your character might have been supplanted somewhere else across the map during the freeze and cannot find their way home
- Characters who are no longer on site might have "woken up" in the real world and are no longer present in Canis
- Characters who are no longer on site might have died because Astra shifted the world around like a jar of marbles; you should get the player's permission to do that unless it's your character.
- Your character might be exactly where you left them, but things around them have changed
- Your character might remember things being exactly the way they are right now, and nothing has changed for them
- Your character might have "reawoken" and you can simply start fresh as though it is their first wake up post
the staff team luvs u