Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

AW
introduction to the snow

Partly Cloudy
AW
Shiroshika
01-14-2023, 10:34 PM
Hopefully looking for Viggo to join Shiroshika!

She came to in the heart of a snowdrift.

Encased in a world of off-white shadows shifting within the snowy capsule. Viggo shouldered herself around and forward—tumbling from it in a small explosion of flurries, she rolled hind limbs over nose, momentum showing no kindness, leaving it to the likes of gravity to eventually slow her down and let her unfold in a hrmpf as she rolled to her stomach, spitting.

None of this was very familiar but her defense remained the fact she knew little at all. Viggo blinked, eyes stinging from flakes escaping past her long lashes. It all felt so... odd.

Where was she?

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
01-15-2023, 12:51 AM
@Reiko but dropping in for paladin points and chat!

"Greetings," And "Welcome to Shiroshika's border." That was what she said, having veered back to where the noise came from. The blonde youth there looked confused and lost. Edelweiss slowed her pace, standing almost in front of them. Protecting the border, even if she saw no formal threat. The girl had to be less than a year old. What possible harm could she do?

Though the smell of blood was what first alerted her to the visitor. "My name is Edelweiss. Are... you okay?" Again, confused and lost. She was reminded of finding Kalvin in such a state, blood scent and all. However, he had been cornered by a snow leopard. This girl just seemed to fall into Shiroshika's vicinity. Maybe a new face to this world, like she had been.

the staff team luvs u
FATE IS ARMED WITH ARROWS
AND SHE WATCHES THE BATTLEFIELD
01-15-2023, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 01:16 AM by Viggo. Edited 2 times in total.)
Viggo scrabbled backward when another rode up on her, the fur of her elbows, belly, even the fur flowing from her cheeks to her chin had collected balls of snow, making the scrawny, oddly sat child all the odder as she looked up at the other. ”What?” she said, confused. ”Shiro… what?”

Anyone else may have been able to say when something was unfamiliar to what they knew but what she knew was so little—in fact it was just one thing. ”I am Viggo,” she responded, lowering her head so that she could kick a hind leg out and scratch at the clumps of snow clinging to her. ”I am… Okay?” and then she thought and she said to the other, ”Am I okay?”

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
01-15-2023, 01:29 AM
Ah, it was as she thought. "Shiroshika" Edelweiss repeated, slower. Trying to be kind about it when she had approached due to her patrol in the first place. "It's a pack. You are at our border" The border markings were fresh now, and she could relax on the fact this girl didn't hold malice "You looked lost and confused" A pause "so I thought to see if you were fine." Her usually deadpan eyes showed subtle concern.

"Do you remember how you got here, Viggo?" Edelweiss further questioned, unwilling to leave a dazed and confused child alone. A polar bear still lurked, to her knowledge. She was not going to take the chance of Viggo being consumed. No way. Apart from the blood, there were no wounds. Nothing. Strange. Perhaps the girl just smelt like blood naturally. If so, this was a first for Edelweiss' nose "we will not attack you, do not worry." She added.

the staff team luvs u
FATE IS ARMED WITH ARROWS
AND SHE WATCHES THE BATTLEFIELD
01-15-2023, 02:05 AM
”Oh…’kay,” said Viggo, quirking a brow at the other, confusion curving the lines of her face; nothing sounded new—the term of pack at least—but it still brought uncertainty to her. She hadn’t a clue what a pack was. She flicked a tufted ear, sighed. ”I’m okay… Fine, I don’t know. Okay I am though.”

Viggo shook her head, she hadn’t even a clue. ”I woke up… That’s all. she blinked, straightening up to stare at the other. ”Attack… Should I have worried…?” Viggo huffed a breath and startled at the misting of it for only a second. ”What’s… attack?”

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top