Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

P
incidental cross

P
Formation
01-08-2023, 05:17 PM
All sour things begin well and this day was no different—M'Jakuna had woken with the sun to wander the border, carefully taking to refresh scent markers as he waltzed along the border, tail swaying at spine level and his head held high as he scanned his surroundings, quirking a thick brow when his gaze fell on the peculiar sight of another.

M'Jakuna would slow his stride in order to call out, "Hello there?"

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 05:40 PM
This content is not visible to non-members.

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 05:57 PM
Had this wolf not smelled distinctly of Aika, he would've been off-put by the over-familiarity leaving the lips of a soul he didn't know, would have been more cautious in the way he took this approach... and yet, the thought of this wolf knowing her brought some lowering of the guard he upheld loyally. "Most call me M'Jakuna," he told her, straightening his posture out on her nearing. He was a wolf for context clues and the similarity of coat colors led him to presume this stranger was more than a simple packmate or friend—a sister, if he was so bold, remembering how Aika spoke of her siblings. "And what might I call you?" M'Jakuna said, flicking an ear for, slowly, this stranger's scent wove into something that tugged a memory. Ah, he'd smelled her before, along the borders when her scent was ghosting. His gaze narrowed a little. "I don't think this is your first time so close to the territory... It isn't, is it?"

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 06:11 PM

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 07:50 PM
He had his suspicions confirmed. He hummed his greeting, not particularly amused with her tone or the manner of which she approached as though she was entitled to some mode of address—even as the leader of this territory, M'Jakuna was never so self-absorbed to presume his status was known by utter strangers but he wasn't so easily swayed to confrontation.

"Ah... I see, you're of the Fujiwara Dynasty? I've heard of your pack," he said to her, flicking his tail. It all came together at the mention of a name uttered in the company of only two. "Well, I'd call you her sister... is that right, Hikari?" M'Jakuna huffed, settling down on his haunches to level the field. "What brings you this far from your island? Surely it's not just to find me."

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
01-08-2023, 08:57 PM

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
01-08-2023, 09:14 PM
M'Jakuna's brows knitted together, confusion claiming his features. "I meant no offense," he said. "I speak of yours as I would speak of mine."

If he had a word for her, it fell from the forefront of his mind the moment she sprung.

A threat on the air that was vague where her actions made up for the subtlety.

He would only have enough time to shield his throat, lurching to his paws and tucking his chin to his chest, teeth flashed in a growl  that bled into spluttering snarl as her teeth found purchase of his ear.

Instinct was all that saw him tearing away regardless of the way it blistered something hot and weepy in the back of his head, shaking this way and that. If she made the move to surge again, M'Jakuna would be stanced in a way that told of a returned attack, canines bared.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
01-08-2023, 09:26 PM

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 09:35 PM
M'Jakuna licked his lips, breaths ragged with the adrenaline of it all, yet to fully recognize even after her statement just how he had been wounded—there wasn't such a time as indexing your wounds in the presence of the attacker.

"That'll be difficult, Hikari," he said, rasping it as he shook himself out, splattering blood in droplets across the forested floor. "Has your sister not told you?" M'Jakuna was being childish, he knew, but it was leagues above the pitiable reactionary behavior of this Dynasty wolf who thought herself dignified. "We're courting... if she utters it, I'll take my leave."

He spit strands of fur from his mouth and snorted. "...but not because of your juvenile reaction."

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
01-08-2023, 09:47 PM

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 10:06 PM
There was nothing but delight in the confirmation that she loathed his words; he didn't hate her, no, but he wouldn't be so careless with his behavior as she was. His words were tediously chosen, plucked forth with care and thought.

"She's been in my care far more than this once and never has an ill thing come to her," he said. "You would do best to leave, Hikari. While you want blood, I do not want to harm even you." M'Jakuna shook himself out. "I'll tell Aika you sent for her."

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:14 PM by Hikari.)

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top