Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Where the wind blows

Group Only
01-08-2023, 01:01 AM
The older man was grumpy, his clan had disbanded and he was left with nothing. And so; he wandered, not really caring where he was going. One thing he knew for sure, he much preferred staying in the open plains, able to watch out for wolves that might think him a snack.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: giphy.gif]
Formation
01-08-2023, 01:34 AM
There could still be trouble.

Despite the claim on the Glade, he knew some vagabonds did not respect borders. Baelfire had already told the others to meet strangers with questions and not violence. He would follow, spying the cat prowling around near their invisible line. He chuffed a neutral greeting, free of aggression, and stepped from behind some foliage.

"Greetings," He rumbled to the cat. This was perhaps his first time spying on a "house cat" in the wild. The domestic species aside, he knew they were hardy and could survive almost anywhere "you stand on the border of Asclepius. I am Baelfire, the Mender of this new community." He let his 'rank' sink in before continuing.

The man fixed his good eye on the cat. "Our borders are loose, so we will not attack unless you give us a reason" Do not, it was advised "Can I help you with anything?" Did the cat want food, or water... A place to rest?

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 59631057_gcZT0fbEQJ1yZ2Q.png]
IF YOU CAN'T FIX WHAT'S BROKEN
WHAT ARE YOU THEN?
01-08-2023, 01:49 AM
Sure enough, there came a wolf, though this one didn't seem to have any urge to eat him. Interesting. 

As the canine spoke of borders, the feline would sniff the air, nodding slightly with a soft shrug. Seems there actually were borders here, good to know. "Well, considering you haven't tried to chomp on my fucking ass yet, this looks promising at least." He thought for a moment, watching the wolf with a curious expression. He dislikes canines but hated being vulnerable on his own even more. "I used to have a clan around here, but they disbanded, leaving me alone and left to the wolves... no offense.... er honestly you can take offense if you want, I don't fucking care, that's on you." He shrugged before continuing. 

"Are all of your pack as anti-cat-snack as you are?" The foul mouthed man raised an eyebrow, waiting to see what the man would say to that. One thing was for sure, if he tried to take a chomp, Charlie was ready to take his eyes.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
01-08-2023, 02:07 AM
A clan of cats near here, but disbanded? Interesting. He hadn't come across any sign of them near the Glade, but it could be beyond that castle he saw in the distance. "I am sorry you lost your community," He began, reclining to sit and talk now. Ah, it was very rude to stand over another - especially when they were much smaller than yourself "part of why I made this pack is because I was alone. We are still small in number, however." But the cat had valid concerns.

Honestly, he'd taken care of "pet" cats before. Simple little things like bandaging a wound or cleaning one. He dare not say "pet" to this cat, for it was different elsewhere. Some even called them familiars or companions. And while Bae didn't know the circumstances of a disbanded clan, he assumed some needed time to process the loss. "I cannot say for sure," He added "though I think you would taste awful, and us awful to you if either tried." 

An attempt at humor despite the seriousness.

"I can at least try to vow that nobody will attack you in the Glade - else they wish to face me in a fight" Bae began again "I do not suffer needless violence. A feline life or a canine life matters not to me. You've done nothing to us. But you can take my words for nothing - we have just met. I will not take offense."

the staff team luvs u
WHAT ARE YOU THEN?
01-08-2023, 02:15 AM
He nodded his head slightly at the apology, though he really didn't care for others sympathy. It wasn't until he cracked a joke that the man would raise an eyebrow, letting out a small snort before shrugging. "Who knows, maybe I'll nibble on your tail one day." He was already feeling better, enjoying this banter. Who would have thought that him and a canine, a wolf nonetheless, would get along. 

He was thankful for the man's words, making up in his mind that this was going to be his new home, even if it hadn't been offered. "Good, let's get going then." He said simply before attempting to walk directly under the wolf, positioning his body under the other man's chest and stomach if he didn't move. He kinda liked the idea of having a wolf shield. "I like you. I'm Charlie by the way." He would flick an ear, "Now are you going to accept me, or am I going to have to do some bullshit wolf rituals to join you?" He hated doing pointless stuff, finding it better to be direct with his approach. 

Maybe a bit too direct at times....

the staff team luvs u
Formation
01-08-2023, 02:22 AM
It was direct, but at least it was honest.

Baelfire saw no malice in the cat's words. Charlie, they said their name was. They curled against him as if using him to shield him from the cold. He chuckles, allowing it. He had, after all, been around cats before. In another life... He even had considered adopting a cat to his makeshift home. Alas, that had not come to be. 

"I, especially, would taste awful" He muses, rising carefully so Charlie didn't get toppled by his larger body shifting "are you sure you want to join, though? You know nothing of Asclepius outside of my own personal bias" He wanted to be sure the cat wasn't making a hasty mistake "but I will accept you."

The cat needed a new home. Bae knew what that was like. He considered his words. "Would you like to be an unofficial messenger for us wolves?" A pause "That way, you can move around us easier. The others would see purpose immediately, and think twice about nibbling on you, Charlie."

the staff team luvs u
WHAT ARE YOU THEN?
01-08-2023, 02:31 AM
He liked this wolf. It was like his own little puppy. It was official, he was totally adopting this wolf as his, though he was sure if he said something about it, the wolf would be completely against it. Good thing he would never find out. 

He raised an eyebrow slightly at the man's words but shrugged, not really seeing any reason to care. "I'm not gonna lie, I don't give two shits about what your ideals are. As long as I have a home, food and protection, you could murder children as far as I'm concerned." He was rude, but direct, glancing up at the man from under his body. He liked his canine shield. 

"I like that idea, I carry messages for you and in turn, your pack doesn't eat me and I get damn near free room and board. I don't see the downside to this." He chuckled slightly and moved out from under the man, going right under his back legs and towards the center of the pack. "Come on, no time like the present." He wanted to find a nice, quiet, small den for himself and maybe catch a mouse or two for a job well done.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
01-08-2023, 04:22 AM
As long as the unbias cat was willing to work, Baelfire saw no reason to deny him. "Very well" He rumbled, beginning to drift deeper into the Glade "welcome to Asclepius, Charlie. I formally welcome you to our ranks." As an Affiliate, not a wolf. A shame beasts like the cat were unable to count toward the populace officially.

"Let's go find you a place to sleep." He added as the pair walked. A comfortable silence fell between them, and Baelfire found he quite liked this spunky little cat. It was refreshing; more so personality than anything. Honesty was rare. If he met any of the pack on their way, he would quickly introduce them to Charlie. Otherwise, he assumed the others were okay with it.

/end

the staff team luvs u
WHAT ARE YOU THEN?
scroll to top