Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
She sways in her velvet dress

Afternoon Fog 58° F
P
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-30-2021, 09:30 PM
@Caligula! 

Aching as her body was, Eldra continued to train alone sometimes even after her mentor departed. RIght now, she was practicing stalking and silence by hunting rabbits. She was building a decent cache by now for the other pack members. 

It was probably the hundredth time since dawn, and she still wasn't completely perfect, but she was a fast learner. Her steps almost as quiet as can be as she kept her body low. 

So far the rabbit was unaware, but she'd see if she got close enough to lunge and catch it.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-30-2021, 10:00 PM
When he wasn't busy instructing his pupil, Caligula resorted to training himself.  It wouldn't do anyone any good if the trainer was out of shape, and so he utilized what little hills he had at his disposal for sprint training.  Up the hill as quickly as possible, down the hill backwards -- and yes, while likely looked as stupid as it sounded, there was something to be said for an opponent who could move as quickly backwards as he could forwards.  Besides, he was training all sorts of different muscles that way.

After his cardio, Caligula did some more cardio.  This was just a casual jog through the territory to reinforce any scent markers and go scouting, nothing too fancy.  It was only when he spotted Eldra off in the distance that he paused, panting, and chuffed softly in greeting.  He would approach as a pack mate this time around, not as a mentor.. and also, he didn't see the rabbit.  Whoops.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-30-2021, 10:48 PM
She was getting so close, so, so close...
A soft chuff. 
The rabbit ran. Eldra chased for a few yards, but ultimately the rabbit got away. 
Grumbling in disappointment she trotted back to Caligula and stopped before him. 

"Doing some running? You're panting pretty hard..." She smiled softly.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-30-2021, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 10:53 PM by Caligula.)
Blissfully unaware of her ruined hunt, Caligula met her gaze with a thin smile.  Hi, hello, yes, it was him!  The ghost's grin turned from innocent to mischievous at the comment.  "There's other things that can make a man pant, Eldra." Caligula winked, but the fact of the matter was.. yes, he had been out running.  Unfortunately, the lad was in a bit of a dry spell when it came to partners in anything other than innocent chat.  Boo.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-31-2021, 06:14 AM
Though he meant it as flirting, she didn't know that.
But Eldra certainly caught it, feeling her stomach twist with slight paranoia. 
...Would he assault her too?

Eldra hesitantly shook it off and laughed as he winked, a flush also meeting her cheeks some below her fur. 

"I would like to work on my speed at some point too, honestly..." She mused, looking now into the deeper parts of the trees.
the staff team luvs u
03-31-2021, 07:24 PM
Well, everyone here sucked, didn't they? No one wanted to have the good ole locker room talk kind of flirting, and Caligula was finding himself quite bored with everyone being such a stick in the mud. Naturally, he had no idea there was reason behind her aversion.

He frowned. "I must be uglier than I remember," he murmured with a shrug. Whatever, maaaan.

"Speed isn't quite as important as stamina, to be honest. I can't run terribly fast but I can outrun most others stamina wise. All you need to do for that is jog a bit further every day, work your way up to sprinting." Pretty basic stuff he didn't need to be around for, he thought. "Agility is something else entirely."

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-01-2021, 02:21 AM
As he spoke, the rabbit was soon forgotten. 
Everything he said, she made note of. 

"I would like to be agile as well...I find I want to be the best in every way I can be. I want to be good in every area of combat possible, including strategy." Eldra admitted eagerly. The determination sparked like kindling in her purple hues, and the smile daring to play at her jaws...yes, she truly wanted to ascend as far as she could. She wanted to be a master of battle.
the staff team luvs u
04-01-2021, 06:17 PM
"It will be difficult to teach strategy without an actual battle. Most of it stems from experience." Being able to asses a situation and make decisions wasn't something he could teach like everything else, but he could work with agility. "I suppose I could set up an obstacle course for you to run and change it up every so often," he murmured to himself. Having some obstacles wouldn't be a bad idea for future trainees, either.

"What makes you want all of this? You seemed rather meek a few weeks ago." What had changed in so short a duration?

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-01-2021, 06:24 PM
Eldra eagerly nodded to his thought. An obstacle course would be perfect!

As for why...?
"I want to be as useful as possible. And...I want to be as fierce and respectable as I can be." She was a tad shy as she voiced her real reasons... She didn't want to be a toy anymore. She wanted to be a Soldier, no, not just a soldier, she wanted to rise. 
She wanted to be at 100 percent and tip top shape, she wanted to be respected. She wanted to dominate.
the staff team luvs u
04-05-2021, 07:44 PM
Her answer was as good as any, he supposed. Caligula certainly saw nothing wrong with it, at least, considering he felt very similarly. He was a tool to be utilized for his owner's purpose and nothing else, thereby relieving him of the need to have morals. He did what was told and nothing more.

"All in good time if you keep going at the pace you are." Caligula nodded, agreeing merrily with himself. "The course will be ready in a week or so, try to avoid looking at it beforehand. No cheating." It would defeat the purpose, after all.

"I'm headed to work on it now, then. As you were." With that, he gave her a nod and turned to collect some sticks. Bitches loved sticks.

{exit}

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top