Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Hitting the Low

Evening Snow
P
Adventurer
Discovery
12-28-2022, 06:08 PM
For @Zella

After his failed attempt to try and get closer to @Blackfoot, he wandered off in a huff. Finishing his own meal elsewhere and leaving the woman to have some time for herself while he, did the same. He had no confidence that she would want to travel with him now after that, and so he would simply check in later to see if she had waited for them to continue moving to their next destination, or had left him to his own devices with the shattered trust between them.

The snow had slowed to a dreamlike descent. Fluttering all around the rocky terrain he had found himself in now. Only a day's walk from where he had left Blackfoot, he wouldn't go far just yet and instead chose to test his strength with the terrain. To climb and see if his leg could handle more pressure now that months had passed since his fight with Eldritch and Sorina.

With every step there was still some tenderness, the bruised feeling underneath the skin burned but was tolerable. In perhaps another month it should be completely gone... at least he hoped. Taking a break he soaked in the scenery of the mountains and trees below from the perch he had found, letting the snow slowly burry him.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: photo-1477468572316-36979010099d_1.png]
12-28-2022, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2022, 06:57 PM by Zella.)
The woman walked through the land, still a bit depressed about everything that had happened to her. Life wasn't really going her way, but she refused to just sit around and die. And so, she put on her big girl pants and did what she always did when she wasn't feeling good. She wandered through the lands and sang her song. Her voice was shaking slightly as she sang, though her song carried through the land around her.
 "There was a time when I was alone. 
Nowhere to go and no place to call home. 
My only friend was the man in the Moon.
And even, sometimes, he would go away, too.
Then one night as I closed my eyes,
I saw a shadow flying high..."
She trailed off as she noticed another not too far from her and for a moment, she froze, noticing his face. She watched him for a moment, curiosity peaking. It was clear that it was an old wound, nothing that she could do about it now, but she wondered for a moment if he could benefit from learning about herbs, so maybe something like that could be avoided next time, or at least lessened.

the staff team luvs u
She does. She speaks. She thinks.
Paladin
12-28-2022, 07:11 PM
Wispering in the winds was a song that crept over from the distance. Growing louder as tattered ears twisted to meet their graces. Though the song was peaceful and enjoyable, the approaching of a stranger made him tense. Rising from the grave of snow upon his back, hackles prepared to tell whoever it was approaching that he wasn't the friendliest of fellows and to leave him the hell alone.

From his wounded side, she stopped, paws no longer moving along the crunchy snow that fell and so he turned to gaze at her with a single honeyed glare. A low rumble resonated in his chest which gave birth to a plume of white through his nostrils and escaping between exposed fangs where skin no longer called his face home. He wasn't in the mood for company and even lesser so to be gawked at.

Though he didn't move, there was an obvious coiled edge to his posture as though ready to strike at any given moment.

the staff team luvs u
12-28-2022, 08:03 PM
It took her a moment to realize she was staring, something she felt really bad for. And so, she looked away, eyes searching for something in particular. It wasn't until her eyes noticed a small aloe bush that she would finally move, carefully using her maw to pull out a few leaves, careful of the thorns. Picking them up, she would slowly, with her head down in a submissive way to show she wasn't a thread to him, would attempt to walk towards him, hoping to place the herbs near him. "My apologies for staring, I know that was rude. I can tell that you wound is already healed, so there is no way to help heal it per say, but I figured the scars might be dry in this cold climate." She would slowly back away, not wanting to startle the tense man in any way. 

"Those might help ease any pulling or tearing of the scars." She would bow her head to him, ears still in a lowered, submissive way. She could tell her was extremely on edge and last thing she wanted was to be attacked.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
12-28-2022, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 05:09 PM by Rosencrantz. Edited 1 time in total.)
Carefully he watched her as she gathered up some leaves and cautiously brought them over. Her posture gave way to enough trust as to not lash out at the woman for approaching, but that did not stop the growling from keeping his warning fresh. He couldn't understand why she was doing what she was doing. If there was some hidden reason for it or some dumb desire to help where it wasn't necessary.

“I feel nothing even if it cracks.” The nerves had all been torn away by now or singed from roaring flames. Any dry cracking skin was more of an eyesore for those who looked upon his horrible visage than any discomfort he might feel. “You waste your time, I will not treat it any more than I already have.” After all, what was more cracks on bare flesh already twisted in the agonies of the past? He would become no more prettier than he was now, those days were long gone.

the staff team luvs u
12-28-2022, 08:32 PM
She heard the growl and flicked her ear slightly to show she heard him, but that didn't stop her from doing what she was doing. It wasn't until she backed away slightly and sat down that she would speak up again, cocking her head to the side. "That's valid, you should still moisturize the surrounding flesh that lives though. You don't want the cracking to end up tearing away more flesh." But she wouldn't push it and instead, would offer him a small smile. "But I can't force you. I apologize for bothering you." She would bow her head slightly, starting to stand up slowly. 

"If you don't mind me asking, do you know much of the lands further north?" She really didn't want to head south again for fear of running into Vengeance, but that wasn't a conversation for now.

the staff team luvs u
12-30-2022, 02:20 AM
It seemed he had only grown more bitter over the last year; more specifically, against the female sex. They had brought him nothing but trouble, confusion, frustration and heartache. If there were a time he believed in his father's words, it would be today that they rang truer than ever before. What a mistake it was to leave the barbarian group of males believing he thought better than their chief. Right now, the center of his annoyance was the grey-masked woman who so kindly only wanted to help - at least, he was certain that was the facade she had put up.

No.” He huffed callously. Coldly with a shift of his posture to literally give the small woman a frigid shoulder. Why the hell would he assist her in finding her way? @Sorina certainly didn't take guidance, and @Blackfoot wanted nothing from him (easy there tiger), this would be just a perfect excuse to waste his breath any further.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top