Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
these lions and these sheep

Late Evening Overcast
P
Content Warning
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-29-2021, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 07:13 PM by Caligula. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Mild Gore
  • Infanticide
Things has gone swimmingly in the week he had been out hunting, but he hadn't been entirely truthful with @Eldra or his techniques in training.  While the first kill was often the hardest, Caligula intended on appealing to her maternal instincts and ripping them straight from her breast.  Enemies were enemies no matter how old, and so with minimal struggles he carried a child by the scruff. Caligula had taken him from the side of his corpse of a mother, intrigued at how fate had given him such a delightful twist. The thing wasn't long for the world to begin with and really, it would have been a mercy for Caligula to have killed him immediately. Unfortunately, he had a much more sinister use for the pup.. but his suffering would be over soon.

The ghoul settled onto his haunches with the pup placed between his front legs. The poor thing was so sick and thin it almost broke that stony heart of his, but alas, Caligula could not train Eldra's soul out of her if he was worried about his own. 

Now to simply wait for his pupil to arrive.

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 07:19 PM
She arrived as was told of her.
Though there was brief shock on her features seeing the pup in his teeth.

Swallowing, the woman came closer, stopping a few feet in front of Caligula with a bow of greeting.
the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 07:25 PM
Right on time! Splendid, Caligula always appreciated someone who was able to stay true to appointments. Caligula gave her a bonus point in his book and watched with some disinterest as she bowed her head to him. "I am not your superior, Eldra, you need not bow to me." Of course he enjoyed the ego boost, but he was a commoner now and would insist upon being treated as such.

"It is still a mercy kill today, but on the opposite end of the spectrum. This child will die soon with or without your assistance and if you cannot stomach killing him yourself, you will watch me do it. The pup dies either way, so Eldra, will you be this child's angel of mercy, or will mine be the last face he sees? For what it is worth, I find you a far prettier face than my own." Was it a strange time to flirt? Yes. That's why he was doing it.

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 07:28 PM
Her stomach dropped.
But she listened.

After all, she did vow to do whatever it would take.

So to his words, she nodded in agreement.
"I'll do it."
the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 07:33 PM
Eldra was in agreement. Caligula had to admit he was impressed by her willingness, particularly considering her first kill would be a child. It had been his first kill as well, but puppies killing puppies was different. "When you're ready, then," the ghost rumbled, removing himself from towering over the pup who had no inkling of what was even happening. It was for the best that way, he knew. Caligula was showing him mercy, even if he wouldn't be around to appreciate it much longer.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
03-29-2021, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:25 PM by Eldra. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Edited for realism! )
Content Warning
  • Graphic Violence
  • Gore, Infanticide
As Caligula stepped back, Eldra looked upon the child she now towered over.
She saw his big, innocent eyes...his innocence.
Tears threatened to release, and she forced them back as she lunged downward, forcing herself to ignore the terrorized scream of her victim as she gripped him by the head and ripped.
After much chewing and twisting, off came the poor soul's head and with it came his spine, ripping his small body into nothing but a ragdoll as tree child's pieces fell to the ground in a mess of entrails and blood.

A small, relieved sigh brushed past her lips as it was done and over with.
She then looked to Caligula for further instructions.
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
03-29-2021, 07:56 PM
Content Warning
  • Mild Gore
Good God, he'd only meant to like.. break its neck!  Caligula's eye widened as she dove in, promptly separating the pups head from its body and oh.. jesus christ, the spine?  He couldn't help but huff a laugh of disbelief.  "Well then," the phantom began, licking his muzzle clean of the blood that had splattered every which way.  "Minimal hesitance and a clean kill.  You've all the makings to be the warrior you want, my dear." The former general paced a small circle as he spoke, feeling terribly like he was back at home with the newest generation of recruits.

"How do you feel about yourself?" Caligula asked with a wicked grin, intrigued to hear what she would have to say.

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 08:01 PM
She took a deep breath to steady herself as Caligula praised her, and asked his question.
Looking to the dead child, she truly didn't think there was any other limits to break killing wise.

"I feel... almost....limitless." Eldra responded softly.
There was something about killing a kid that can't be redeemed, and she had crossed that line.
the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 08:12 PM
Limitless. Now there was a word that had some meaning behind it. It hadn't been what he expected to hear, but he certainly wasn't disappointed by it. Eldra had all the makings of a warrior beneath the rubbish, didn't she? It would be easy to break her down and rebuild, and so that's what they would do. "I am glad." Truly, how much more freeing could it be to have committed such a depraved act? How much further could one go? Not very.

"Your homework for the week is to kill. Not an ally, of course, but a vagabond child or elder like this would do." His tail twitched. "Bring me the spine. I like what you did with this one." Maybe he would decorate his den with them.

"For the rest of the day we will spar, and come first sunlight I expect you to be well on your way to finding prey." Because that's what they were at the end of the day: prey. Nothing but deer for them to feast upon.

{could possibly fade out here with them sparring??}

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 08:17 PM
Eldra listened and nodded appropriately. She understood.
And with that, the rest of the day was spent sparring.

Tomorrow would begin the haunt of terror.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top