Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
sun kissed rays

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
P
11-26-2022, 11:26 PM
ooc; @Mauve

The Grove is where he started, and while he did not want to go back, Tate found himself roaming Temperate once more. His paws did not step into grooves, the earth washed clean of them long ago, and he realized he did not remember much of this place from memory. The only thing familiar was the name and location. He knew it was here. He knew other wolves and creatures were here too. He had interacted with them.

What he also knew was that packs were in the region. While not knowing them by name, Tate was close to at least one of them. Further south, directly south actually, lay a border. He hadn't rounded it to discover what else lay beyond though. He was more or less sticking to the Grove and other close places. Having drank from a little stream, the water cold as winter's grasp, he realized something had their eyes on him. The young man looks up, locking his greyscale eyes with bright blues.

Well, pale blues.

It reminded him of a cornflower. He didn't know herbalism much, else he'd think it was an unsuitable name for a pretty blue color. "Ah, oh" That wasn't the only thing quite... well, okay she was sort of cute. He tries to keep that revelation out of his voice. Perhaps the girl assumed he was startled by her presence, and he would be okay with that. Tate didn't want to make a big old thing about it "sorry; I didn't see you there at first" He lifts his head, licking the droplets from his lips. The brunette didn't seem to smell of the pack nearest to them, but she definitely had a pack scent. "do you live around here?"

Smooth. That wasn't even why he asked, get your head out of dreamland.

"I-I ask because" He tries to smile "I woke up here, you see, at the start of autumn. But I moved on rather quickly. I don't know Temperate's location very well. Want to avoid trouble if I can."

the staff team luvs u
12-03-2022, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2022, 09:06 PM by Mauve.)

A softened hum would emit from her lips, paws would fall across the ground as she would sidestep, then move forward… finding herself swaying backward as if she was waltzing with herself. The softened orchestra inside her head would emerge with her hums, pausing momentarily as she leaped up against one of the logs that had fallen. The whispered melody would now form into words, "Here it's safe, here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you against every harm. Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you." She sang allowed, a lullaby that seemed so familiar but never able to remember where it had come from. Running water had perked her attention in that direction, the soft trickling of the stream bounding her way forward. Voice stopped as the female came across the source she had been looking for. Paws would stalk to the stream, careful not to get them wet as she leaned herself forward.

Maw would sniff against the clear liquid, careful that it would not smell infested. Deciding it was good enough to drink she would press her tongue against the cooler liquid. Hearing paws approaching she backed herself away, as she watched another emerge from the treeline. Ears perked in their direction, he was larger than herself. His fur held various creams and browns and she couldn’t help but notice the expression on his face. It was calm and he seemed to be entranced in his mind. Keeping quiet, if he had not noticed her then there was no reason to start up a conversation. Maybe, she would leave to not disturb him… too late.

Bluish orbs with hints of gray fell against those of a darker-stormy hue. Her long lashes blinked in bewilderment as he didn’t know that she had been a few feet from him. What if she were a bear? He fumbled with his words momentarily, Mauve couldn’t help but chuckle as she moved along the opposite side of the bank. If she were human she would have had her arms crossed behind her back and feet balancing on the edge of falling in and staying dry.

A smile registered against her maw, “I am a part of Elkshire.” She said simply, “I awoke in their lands and never… left.” There was no reason to hide where she was held, she had been labeled as one of them since she arrived. Now, she finds herself wandering around the temperate, meeting others who may wish to be her friend. So far, it was still rather lonely amongst the pack lands.

“My name is Mauve… and you are?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: mauve_bean.png]
12-04-2022, 12:25 AM
Her chuckle made him feel even more awkward. Tate dipped his head somewhat, a tiny and subtle movement, as his eyes averted from the girl briefly. Had he really been that lost in thought? He didn't want to say he was struck but her blue eyes, since she was still a few months away from him in terms of maturity. Did that make him some sort of vile predator, if he liked her looks? The young man didn't want to think so! He pushed it away and tried to hide it. Didn't want to accept it. No, he shouldn't think anything - even if he was inexperienced and innocent in every sense of it.

"I hear that happens," He licked his lips a bit "I've not heard of anyone leaving this world, and I certainly haven't tried" He couldn't be dumbfounded and silent; he did have to speak to her eventually, so he chose to latch onto her knowledge of this place "my name is Tate, it is nice to meet you Mauve of Elkshire." A pack he hadn't heard of. The man he met here briefly - Nick - had been a vagabond too. Whether it was true or not these days, he was unaware. The fact is, Tate knew little of the packs here. Mauve offered some knowledge of one. Just a name though. He didn't want to press more. 

Tate had no interest in a pack.

He probably would leave Temperate all together unless something kept him here. Too muggy, like stepping into a rainforest. Though the mountains probably shielded a lot of the Grove from the wind. "Are you doing anything out here?" he asked her "I admit I don't have much to nothing to do right now, and it is kind of boring" He flinches a bit "if you're looking for food or herbs, I can probably help. Or at least try not to get in your way."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top