Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I come by real late, she don't wait up (nah)

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
P
Adventurer
11-23-2022, 05:49 AM

It was exciting when there was a new pack around; even more exciting when that new pack held both the guy that you really liked, and two of your friends, so there was no doubt that Aika was off from the Cosmic Isle, back to the Lake. She loved exploring; the vagabond life was perfect for her, especially since she'd been so constricted to the Wisteria Fields when she was younger, but now . . . she was grown, she could go wherever she wanted. She could love someone. Love, love, love, that was all that was on her mind lately; MJ, too.

MJ. She sighed dreamily, akin to a little yearling with a crush on their bestfriends ex, accept she was four and had a crush on what she probably considered one of her best friends by now. They'd had more interactions than most of her other friends, and if she was lucky, this could be a fourth! She felt giddy with excitement as she came up to the borders, nose sniffing eagerly as his scent weaved around those of others; some, like Meresaknh and Uriel, that she knew, and others that were but strangers to her.

The borders were fresh and weak, though most certainly still there; Aika sent up a howl to the sky as she arrived, hoping that MJ would be the first to find her. The lady sat back, tail wagging happily, as she awaited the chocolate man's arrival, a grin plastered on her face all the while her heart pounded out of her chest. Love, love, love. It was weird. It was nice, yeah. But it was still a bit weird.

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-25-2022, 12:51 AM
M'Jakuna had been following the stale scent of bear, something odd when he hadn't scented such a creature nearby before though it didn't entirely surprise him with the knowledge of where they roamed back in his land, once or twice the pack had to push a bear away from the territory for the trouble it had caused to their cache and the risk it posed to the pups; it worried him some, made him think of the sheer power within an animal like that; the unrelenting damage that could arise just from one well landed slap of the paw a cross a wolf's face. He had wolves to think about now, too, most importantly: wolves who couldn't defend themselves properly—Ozai was just a boy, Uriel was... well, he didn't doubt she'd find herself again within less physically demanding avenues.

It put him on edge.

Brought his hackles to an uncharacteristic raise, itching at the back of his mind; he'd have to ask his brother and Vurlo, perhaps even Meresankh if she'd spare herself from medical duties, to scout out, see how often the bear passed through and if it posed some worry or if it was simply a lingering menace that carried through at the wrong time.

So when the howl of another broke through the air, he lifted his head in an instant, immediately thinking that there was something to be alarmed about... at least, that was until he noticed the familiar lilt to it, and he'd shake out his fur with a snort and move at a canter toward the source.p/narrow]

[narrow]When he broke through the tree line, he met her with a smile, tail wagging and swaying at spine level. "Aika!" he would holler, excitement in his step. "It's been too long since I've seen you last it feels like—to what do I owe the pleasure of having you visit herer?"

the staff team luvs u
11-25-2022, 01:16 AM

He was quick to arrive; him, who Aika had definitely been expecting, but not at all been ready to come face-to-face to; butterflies filled her stomach, and her while her brain told her to run, her heart told her to stay and cuddle and just . . . savour however much time they had together. Aika smiled. "Aika!" Excitement filled his voice and gait as he trotted towards her, the lady noticing how his tail swayed with joy; he was happy to see her, she hoped, because she was most certainly happy to see him. "It's been too long since I've seen you last it feels like—to what do I owe the pleasure of having you visit here?"

Aika dipped her head to him politely, standing to break the distance between them as she'd attempt to rub her cheek against his own; a subtle flirt, easy to accomplish due to him being the taller one, though a nonverbal way of greeting nonetheless. She felt giddy. “Well--” She began. “--I was exploring, as always, and I came across the scent of two of my friends; Meresaknh and Uriel – who's surprisingly here – and, y'know, you . . . so I thought; 'Hey, why not come down for a bit of a visit and a chat?' Aika had taken a step back once she'd begun properly speaking, motioning around and moving as she spoke; her eyes seemed to try and drift to everywhere but MJ's face, until they finally settled back on him.

“So, here I am. Hi, MJ.” She smiled as it felt as if the world went silent, time freezing contentedly as her midnight gaze zoned out into his own; similar in shade of darkness, though hues close to being opposite. Aika blinked herself awake; had she been staring? Oops. “Um-- how are you?” The lady hastily tacked on.

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-25-2022, 03:08 AM
The smile on his face had not wavered so much as an inch as they neared one another, M'Jakuna pulling close as she did, though as she sought to nuzzle him, her cheek merely ran along his neck to which he reciprocated with a rumbling hum. He set his muzzle on her head for the most brief second before he would withdraw, tail slowing its wag to something most would call substantially more proper. It would be then that his ears twitched to the mention of Uriel and his heart snatched a little, swallowing rather awkwardly; while the golden wolf had been healing up well, he did not feel it was his place to bring a friend of hers in out of the blue, even if said friend was his as well, as much as he wished to bring the other past the border—he would have to put his pack before his desires, and so with it he'd swiftly brush back into Aika, wordlessly leading from the border and toward the direction he knew the Ripperwood in all its gored glory would be waiting with enough persistence and travel.

He'd remember to mention Aika to the golden wolf sometime soon... then if it was desired, he'd offer to bring Aika inward.

He chuckled a little at the way her words melded and melted and twisted around, it wasn't the usual Juh'harahian steadiness he was used to from the moment he could comprehend a voice but it was welcomed and favored all the same because it was Aika's. "Well, it is always a pleasure to speak with you," he would tell her, pulling a little further ahead in what could be described as utter thrilled, body tempting that of a play bow as he turned back to look at her. "Though I must admit, darling, pack duties call, the others have been needing me to scout for a proper source of big prey—there is this deer herd I found near the Ripperwood, would you join me for the hunt?" And then, with a little nudge to her shoulder, tail wagging in a way it would then brush against her side as he walked around her, seeking to meet her eyes with his. "And maybe the meal if we are lucky."

the staff team luvs u
Hunter
11-25-2022, 03:48 AM

MJ had rested his head on her own for a few moments before pulling away, a deep rumbling making the butterflies only flutter even more, and Aika felt as if she could melt underneath his warm, hopefully-affectionate touch. He pulled away, making motion down south, and the lady was quick to follow behind him.

The sire led onwards wordlessly, though he turned back to look at her, maw parting as he spoke. His tone gave away his excitement, in which Aika matched, and the way he moved gave off quite the playful energy. She grinned. "Well, it is always a pleasure to speak with you," “As with you,” She dipped her head once more.

"Though I must admit, darling, pack duties call, the others have been needing me to scout for a proper source of big prey—there is this deer herd I found near the Ripperwood, would you join me for the hunt?" Darling, darling, darling, the nickname rung in her ears as her smile only grew wider, and she'd be quite surprised if it wasn't obvious to M'Jakuna how head-over-heels she was for him.

She almost found herself spacing out once more, captivated by the man's beauty, until she came back down to earth and nodded. He rounded towards her, and Aika swallowed. "And maybe the meal if we are lucky." His tail brushed against her flanks, and she blushed furiously as MJ nudged her shoulder before gazing into her eyes. Her cheeks were burning hot. Without thinking, without a second thought--

“You're beautiful.” She blurted, blinking quickly after as if it wasn't her that said such a thing.

“I–” Shit. She quickly pulled herself away from the man, though her efforts would be for nothing if he stopped her. She shouldn't of said such a thing, really, and Aika wished she could turn back time and bite her tongue until an iron-taste pooled in her maw. Her gaze occasionally filtered back towards him; what would MJ say to that? Aika held her breath.

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-25-2022, 04:31 AM
Little would he know the very beliefs that led him throughout life with such a calmed essence would be what landed him in such curious waters now, blinking a little at her, head tilting to the right then left; as if his brain was still trying to compute the sudden confession that would then make him nod with a gentle smile claiming his scarred lips. "I do believe that's a much more fitting descriptor for you," he would tell her, otherwise not particularly flustered; moving easily as he drew himself closer and nudged her gently. "But any word from your mouth is worth harboring—now, come on."

Toward the south, beyond the densely packed trees, he would take her so long as she would follow. "I'll show you something ever so beautiful, the noon sun hits this little alcove where the deer run just wonderfully."

Affections of some romantic nature, verbal and physical, were clearly his forte.

the staff team luvs u
11-25-2022, 10:49 PM

MJ seemed quite keen on continuing the hunt, though, so while she was flustered and blundering and regretful of her words, the sire was still calm and easily content. He did blink at her, though, as if confused; why? She thought, when such a thing was obviously true. "I do believe that's a much more fitting descriptor for you," Her heart stopped as she looked at MJ again, though he seemed so calm about it. He continued onwards. "But any word from your mouth is worth harboring—now, come on."

They continued in brief silence, until he – once more – broke such tensions that Aika fretted to be building. "I'll show you something ever so beautiful, the noon sun hits this little alcove where the deer run just wonderfully." “Perhaps I could stop down here every little once in a while, if you allow,” She quickly added on the last bit; she knew that the man was quite loyal to his pack, they way he'd spoken of it, and didn't let her inside their borders, made it obvious that he was quite the leader type. She wondered if he'd be interested in an alliance between their packs-- the Fujiwara Dynasty and the Jun'Harah.

Such a thing sounded nice. Perhaps it would allow her to take trips here every now and then.

“Um, how's your pack going?” Aika asked, refusing to let any more silence fall in between them; no, she wanted to learn about him, and to . . . well, talk. She chuckled, flicking her tail towards the man. “You're so quiet and stoic; tell me a bit about yourself, would you? You truly do seem lovely.” She wanted to see more of that, though she wouldn't play into it too hard, instead glancing at him with a mischievous gaze as she spoke, almost as if she was simply being "playful."

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-28-2022, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2022, 04:44 AM by M’Jakuna.)
It caught him off guard more than just a little bit only because he thought it was clear, though he supposed there was some mistranslation or contradiction where his actions were concerned, seamlessly avoiding having to deny her access to the pack territory quite yet... but the time would come, he had high hopes for Uriel's turnaround with the thoughtful supervision of @Amvrulao and the dedicated focus of @Jiravkino there wasn't a doubt in his mind that the golden wolf had made it unwittingly to the place where her chances were bettered as much as they could be. But in the meantime, he would have to let his words convey the sentiments that would inevitably fall true.

"Please," he would say to her, sincerity rich in his tone. "You'll always be more than welcome here, Aika, maybe next time I can show you the delights of the territory—settling there has certainly unfolded some truly lovely sights," and as he moved, brushing their shoulders as he pulled ahead to lead them on the path toward the alcove where the deer roamed, he would add, as if she answered (clearly a display of his sheer desire to have her back), "I'll wait for you, just howl, I'll come."

They would wander for a short and quiet yet entirely delightful period of time together when she broke it to speak, not particularly disturbed by the comforts of being able to easily exist within the presence of another; not when it had not occurred since Jah'tihn, for as much as the leader's once lover had confessed such devotion to the pack, it was often Jah'tihn would bring them to the solace and silence of a cliff's edge to laze about and watch the world below.

M'Jakuna could see him and Aika making something similar.

Something all their own.

"The pack is coming along well I would think... We're establishing ourselves slowly but we have a strong foundation within the members, that matters more than any sort of numbers quite yet," he would tell her, a little laugh in his throat as he looked to her with his head tilted to the side and his eyes almost puppy-dog-ish. "Stoic and quiet, mhm... I sure hope that's something you favor." M'Jakuna would then wonder what there was to say... it was new to him, he realized, telling stories about who he was; though he deeply understood why, Aika did not know him as his pack did so, then, he would have to decide what mattered to know. "About myself... I rather enjoy the company of birds, it's why I somewhat favor the lake; many swoop down to drink... You know, that's how I came upon my messenger, @Vistello — she simply came down one day and landed on my shoulders, supposed she found that to be the proper beginning of companionship." He would laugh, motioning at Aika next, cocking a slight grin that bordered all too cheeky. "Now you, tell me something of yourself—I've heard of your past but I desire to know you, all of you... In return, I'll tell you something else of myself."

the staff team luvs u
11-28-2022, 05:16 AM

He . . . wanted her over? Aika didn't know why, but such a thing confused her, until, well, she realised that such a statement also implied that he wanted to spend time with her, which just made the lady all the happier. "You'll always be more than welcome here, Aika, maybe next time I can show you the delights of the territory—settling there has certainly unfolded some truly lovely sights," She gave a small chuckle, soft and airy. "I'll wait for you, just howl, I'll come." “I'll come around sometime, though I'm sure the only 'lovely sight' would be you, my dear MJ,” The lady grinned.

M’Jakuna, of course, moved on to pack-talk quite easily, and Aika honestly didn't mind; it seemed to be the easiest way to get him to open up, and Aika would gladly listen and make sure that he knew that what he was saying was heard. Never could she ignore him. "The pack is coming along well I would think... We're establishing ourselves slowly but we have a strong foundation within the members, that matters more than any sort of numbers quite yet," And he laughed, that oh-so-cute laugh that made Aika feel like her stomach was going to erupt with butterflies as they walked besides one another, as if walking endlessly.

It was perfect.

"Stoic and quiet, mhm... I sure hope that's something you favor." “You really don't have to try,” She smiled, shaking her head softly as his puppy-dog eyes met her own. A fan of birds, he was, and Aika found herself grinning; the red crane-- a bird, as well-- had been one of her family's main symbols, it was nice to know that MJ found such respite in them, as well! "About myself... I rather enjoy the company of birds, it's why I somewhat favor the lake; many swoop down to drink... You know, that's how I came upon my messenger, Vistello — she simply came down one day and landed on my shoulders, supposed she found that to be the proper beginning of companionship."

And again, he laughed, and Aika's face quite obviously softened with a sort of affection that she couldn't explain, though she was sure she held the expression of her mother; one of warmth and love, especially when casted over their sire. He was beautiful, the man in front of her. Aika continued to listen, though. Not yet would she allow herself to melt into those chocolate eyes. "Now you, tell me something of yourself—I've heard of your past but I desire to know you, all of you... In return, I'll tell you something else of myself." She blinked a few times, face furiously hot, though she miraculously managed to regain her composure with a swift and calm ease; huh, perhaps she would make a good pack-leader, though such a thought made her mentally shake her head. Right! Back on topic, Aika!

“Well, ah, I'm not too unique, as one may say, though I pride myself with my mother tongue, I suppose?” She began, very clearly uncertain about herself; what if she said something that MJ didn't like? Aika just wanted to be liked, she wanted to prove to him that she'd be good enough if . . . anything happened, of which she doubted, but . . . hm. Maybe. “With age I feel as if I've begun to, hm, blend into the background . . . you know, I just want to be liked. Ah, when I was younger, though, I was quite . . . the imaginative child, ranting about how I'd grow to have plenty of children and the perfect husband . . .” She sighed with a click of her tongue, occasionally snatching a gaze at MJ when he – hopefully – wasn't looking. Her face may as well of been bright red at this point. The thought of mini-hers made her heart melt, though they didn't even exist yet.

Aika chuckled. “I guess I'm a sucker for continuing the uh . . . legacy, and, well, having a purpose, you know? I like to have people who rely on me. It makes me feel . . . important. I don't know, I feel like I sound a little pathetic,” Nothing like a self-deprecating joke to lighten up the mood, huh? Aika wrinkled her nose with a smile, looking back to MJ. Were they still walking? Aika forgot, as the world around ehr felt like it'd begun to fade out. “Feel free to push me if I sound sad or anything.”

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-28-2022, 06:18 AM
M'Jakuna would blow a breath out between his lips, a heavy sort of sigh that was endlessly... captivated, really, for there Aika went again with the endearments that would transpire so often that it made his ears react in time with his thoughts... What did that mean? There was a purpose in repetition and he wondered what was in hers that he was failing to miss. Though he knew he shouldn't wonder too intensely, prone to picking at things and words until they lost their meanings and he was weaving his own and Aika did not deserve the way his mind could wander like it had the right to roam independently of him.

So he would fall back into that comfortable silence they shared, his eyes very rarely leaving her in whatever way they would find her; whether watching the ways her paws hit the earth, her ears twitched to the sounds of the world around them, or her eyes met his every so often and he quite wished they would linger on a stare longer than a moment. He would grin then, shaking his head a little. "You are worth trying though I would say," he said to her. "And I would hope you believe, too." M'Jakuna believed it very strongly as well. Of course, there wasn't purpose in changing for another no matter what they may be in your life, but there was something in trying in the areas you didn't mind reaching—he would not often speak during the trek to hunt but for Aika, if it meant something to her, he would not hesitate in doing just that.

He hummed something like contemplation. "You mother tongue... I don't believe I have ever heard you speak yours," he said to her, shaking his fur out a little. "Would you care to show me... some?" Aika was like him in some ways he had slowly come to learn and this meant her traditions, her pack, her culture all were significant—he understood this well and he if she was to be comfortable to share it with him, any little bit, he would eagerly drink it in at her beckon.

But that would not be it, he would find, slowing to a stop with her as she went on about children, the legacy tied within them and within her, and the leader could not help but understand her so immensely in that moment. "There's no doubt I have that you're liked.... and from where I see you; you are far from a wolf in the background," he said to her, voice warm and deepening with the way he lowered his voice to something close to a whisper—as if to ensure she was the only one to hear his words for they were for no one but her, and he would finally break the space between them to inch nearer, offering himself up for any comfort she so desired to take from him if there was some. "It's not pathetic to desire to continue a legacy, it's noble, it's strong; so few embrace it when it is presented to them and you're... astounding for wanting to," he said, flicking his tail, eyes flitting to hers before he would nudge her cheek both encouragingly and in reassurance before he spoke.

"From the time I was a boy, I knew—before I was ever set to be leader—that I wanted to be a father, to carry on the familial lines, to bring new life into the world and guide each as they need be..." M'Jakuna said, very devoted to the mere words he uttered. "...and perhaps selfishly, while I know within my pack it is common for leaders... well, most leaders before me did not take mates but—ah, I've thought it to be something so grand for another to accept me so much so that we would raise children together, ours, children from both love and purpose." He would admit this after a long pause. "I understand what you desire, Aika, I desire it, too... and I won't refrain from admitting that I believe you'd make a grand mother."

After a beat, he would lean in to lick reassuringly over her ears, a rumble in his chest. "Though I wonder," he said. "Have you ever sought to lead? A leader's purpose is to be relied on, after all."

the staff team luvs u
11-28-2022, 06:50 AM

She was worth trying, and she parted her maw a few times as if she were about to speak, until she just gave him a warm smile and looked away with a sort of shy speed. "You mother tongue... I don't believe I have ever heard you speak yours," Aika's face quite evidently lit up as she looked at MJ with a wide grin, nodding quite aggressively as she cleared her throat. She racked her brain for something to say, before settling on something; “何を言えばいいか分からないけど君はそうだと思う . . みたいに。 . . 本当にクールで、私はあなたが今私を理解できないことを知っていますが、私は意味します。 . . あなたが理解していないにもかかわらず、私がどのように感じているかを教えてくれれば、それはでしょう。 . . あなたが同じように感じていないときにはあまり傷つけません。” She blinked a few times. Aika had most certainly not meant for it to get that sad, but, well, she hoped her tone wouldn't convey too much.

She hummed. “私は思う。 . . あなたのように、で。 . . もっと強烈な方法だと思います。 それは本当にいい感じですが、また。 . . ええと、本当に悪いですか? みたいな感じ。 . . 気になる。 私はあなたが私を同じように好きではないかもしれないことを心配します。” Okay, well, she did her best to make sure that she sounded happy while she spoke, though her eyes felt a little watery and she blinked away the feelings for a moment. Aika looked back at him with a grin as if she'd only spilt happy tales from her purley innocent and compassionate maw. “Um . . . I hoped you like it?” She laughed, shyly looking back down to her paws as they continued.

"There's no doubt I have that you're liked.... and from where I see you; you are far from a wolf in the background," Her breath hitched in her throat, smile falling as her eyes partially widened. Her gait almost faltered, though, again, she regained herself. A skill, really. Aika gave a side-long stare to him as he spoke. Goodness, how could one man make one woman so emotional? She blinked a few times. "It's not pathetic to desire to continue a legacy, it's noble, it's strong; so few embrace it when it is presented to them and you're... astounding for wanting to," She raised her head once more, and MJ gave a flick of his tail before nudging her cheek, and she gave a deep breath through her nose. He'd seen her vulnerable enough, she didn't want him to think that she was some sensitive cry-baby . . . though that wouldn't be necessarily wrong. "From the time I was a boy, I knew—before I was ever set to be leader—that I wanted to be a father, to carry on the familial lines, to bring new life into the world and guide each as they need be..."

He continued. "...and perhaps selfishly, while I know within my pack it is common for leaders... well, most leaders before me did not take mates but—ah, I've thought it to be something so grand for another to accept me so much so that we would raise children together, ours, children from both love and purpose." Ours? No, Aika was sure he didn't mean it that way, but maybe . . . no, she took a deep breath before she gave him a soft, empathetic smile, trying to nudge herself into him in a hopefully comforting manner. She hummed, flicking her tail towards his as she'd try to find purchase upon it. You're not selfish, MJ, She whispered, tone soft. It was her turn to be the comforting one, instead of him making sure that she was alright; she wanted to have MJ find comfort and respite in her. "I understand what you desire, Aika, I desire it, too... and I won't refrain from admitting that I believe you'd make a grand mother." “And you would make a grand father!” Aika chuckled, pulling away to give him a playful look.

MJ leaned in to give her a lick over the ears, and Aika aimed to push her own nose into his pelt with a smile, breathing in his scents and therefore mixing her own among them. She wondered if Meresaknh would remember her if her similar distant-wisteria scent lingered upon MJ's pelt. "Though I wonder, have you ever sought to lead? A leader's purpose is to be relied on, after all." Again, she quickly pulled away, shaking her head quite quickly as she mouthed the words "no, no, no" while squeezing her eyes shut for but a few moments. “No I-- I'm a very anxious person . . . My sister is definitely better for leading the Dynasty than I could be. The heaviness of leadership, I just . . . I'd be crushed. I'm very, ah, fragile, though my siblings would probably just say I'm sensitive, or a cry-baby.” She chuckled instead.

“Can I ask you a question, MJ?” The lady begun, tilting her head. “What's it like to . . . uh, lead a pack? Feel free to ask a question in turn.” She wanted to be able to fully open up to him, but Aika didn't want to just talk about herself non-stop, she'd allow MJ to learn what he wanted to, and she'd hide away whatever flaws or mistakes that she . . . didn't want other people to see. Aika didn't think that was healthy, but . . . what else could she do? She looked at MJ with a smile nonetheless.

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-28-2022, 10:04 AM
While the Juh'harahians had once harbored a language all their own, it was one that had faded with time, with only a small selection of words, terms, and phrases passing down for the generations to take as their own; and the pack's overall solitude meant M'Jakuna did not have much experience with any other sorts of languages; or at least with understanding them, so when she began to speak in a tongue that fell from her lips as effortlessly as it appeared common did, he could not help but be drawn in and accept the utter fascination spilling from his mind. There was something different about the way Aika spoke in this language, tone taking on a certain charm to it that must've been necessary to weave words the way she did. No, he could not understand a single word she uttered, and yet he remained so captivated by her, watching with a focused gaze and the most permanent of smiles curving his maw.

When she had concluded, M'Jakuna met her with a nod. "Oh, of course I did—It is very beautiful, I don't believe I've heard another speak in a tongue like yours," he would tell her softly. "Perhaps one day you'll teach me a word or two... I would love to be able to understand you; even if I cannot grasp how to speak it."

In their past meetings, she had not been one to ever easily reciprocate his physical affection and never did he mind, giving because she accepted not because he wished for a return, so as Aika ever so briefly returned it, he could not help but rumble his delight; an involuntary sort of reaction none unlike the wagging of a tail before she withdrew. M'Jakuna supposed there was no one better to bring about his most private of thoughts in regards to this topic, each carrying this desire, their own breeds of doubt that perhaps saw them here, together, as they were now. Aika's words were soft, warmly tucked aside to look upon later when she wasn't there to utter them. "I would hope so," he said to her, words vague enough that it wasn't clear precisely which statement of hers he answered to; maybe them both. "It may be the only thing I believe I have ever wanted more than leading... Well, once upon a time. At least."

It was again that Aika returned his affections, pressing into him; she smelled of flowers, he knew he smelled of the pack, their new home, and he would be lying if he said he did not wish to have her scent further intertwined with his; knowing well and good that whenever they parted today, he would be smelling of her, and her of him. An overall logical man who could not help the way he felt so pleased at the concept. But then she tugged away and he watched. "I think you doubt yourself too much, Aika," he said to her. "As heavy as leadership is, the best leaders have a gentle paw." M'Jakuna would hum a little then, pondering. "And a soft heart—though if you do not believe this of yourself yet, I will believe it for the two of us."

M'Jakuna let her words roll over his mind, tail thumping the earth. "I would say it is... a lot of connection, most want a cause to join a pack but none more than they want to know their leader thinks of them as more than simply another number in the fold," he explained to her, voice bleeding something fond. "It is rather stressful, too, troublesome at times—" M'Jakuna would then brandish the fresh scars under his chin, near his throat. "—a wolf on our territory didn't take lightly to leaving and as the leader, even more so when the pack is so small, it was up to me to ensure he was gone. The cost I pay matters little so long as the pack remains safe."

And that was the core of it; a leader was meant to be selfless, willing to throw themself down for the well-being of the pack as willing as they were to guide them with words. "But little has felt so fulfilling as knowing so many look to me for guidance, of providing and seeing them thrive; there are days I know my muzzle will gray earlier for this all... but I know this is my place and it feels right, none unlike taking a breath," he said to her, allowing dark eyes to meet hers. "Though it does grow lonely, I consult with my counsel often but... Well, I'll be honest when I say it's more and more I wish I had the mind of another who led alongside me but I keep hoping experience slowly soothes that."

M'Jakuna remembered then of her offer and he asked of her, "How many children did you used to imagine having?" his head tilted a little, a laugh in his throat as if to emphasize the tonal shift. "When I was younger, I used to believe two full litters would be ideal... Ha, can you imagine that? Everyone I ever told was aghast."

the staff team luvs u
11-28-2022, 10:42 AM

"--Perhaps one day you'll teach me a word or two... I would love to be able to understand you; even if I cannot grasp how to speak it." Aika grinned, nodding as she imagined him and her simply revelling in her mother tongue, being able to whisper sweet nothings without being looked down on by others, or mocked, or given strange looks. Though the Japanese tongue was one she saw more as delicate and lady-like, she certainly wasn't prejudiced against a knightly sire like him learning Aika's favourite language, especially if it was via her.

He seemed to like the physical affection, evident by the way his tail wagged as Aika brushed herself against him; she'd make note of that, and try to incorporate more touch into their meetings together. "I would hope so," He said, vague on whether it was him not being selfish, or that he'd make a good father. Aika thought both, really. What he said next, though, would find Aika a little confused; "It may be the only thing I believe I have ever wanted more than leading... Well, once upon a time. At least." Once upon a time? Was he saying that he no longer wanted children? The lady looked at him with a curious look, though nodded nonetheless, ever quiet in his presence, especially while he was speaking. She didn't want to miss some sort of important detail, now, did she?

"I think you doubt yourself too much, Aika," Ah, if that wasn't a tug to the heartstrings, Aika didn't know what was. She nodded solemnly, a silent, soft smile plastered among her paw as she looked back on how . . . sad she'd been. Hm. "As heavy as leadership is, the best leaders have a gentle paw." Ah, but such a thing made the lady smile once more, and she gave a little "hmmf" as she'd gently bump herself into the sire besides her, giving him a look that said-- “Like you, "And a soft heart—though if you do not believe this of yourself yet, I will believe it for the two of us." The two of us. It sounded . . . nice.

MJ sounded very connected to his people, as if they shared a sort of inseparable connection – something that she desperately pined for, especially with certain people – and came together in harmony, as a community. While the Dynasty had its ups and downs, she supposed they were all united under the reign of her sister, though Aika would love to properly understand her future packmates better. She wanted to . . . be there for them, she supposed. "It is rather stressful, too, troublesome at times—" And he tilted his head upwards, giving Aika a few of the wounds that littered his jaw. Her eyes widened in alarm as she drew closer, looking to observe the wounds and give them a quick lick – a motion that, perhaps . . . could be mistaken for a kiss.

Who did this?! She growled, paws indenting into the ground; though she was a pacifist, she was extremely protective of those she cared for, and she wanted to make sure that this guy had definitely been warded off, though she didn't want it to sound like she doubted M’Jakuna's abilities, of course. "—a wolf on our territory didn't take lightly to leaving and as the leader, even more so when the pack is so small, it was up to me to ensure he was gone. The cost I pay matters little so long as the pack remains safe." But-- didn't his health matter to him? Aika sighed, closing her eyes; the wounds were all too close to his throat, and she swallowed at the thought of something worse happening. She gave a shallow breath.

"But little has felt so fulfilling as knowing so many look to me for guidance, of providing and seeing them thrive; there are days I know my muzzle will gray earlier for this all... but I know this is my place and it feels right, none unlike taking a breath," Their eyes met, and Aika found her face warming once more. He was so close-- butterflies invaded her stomach once more, and she gave a true smile, nodding at his words, even though they went through one ear and out the other. "Though it does grow lonely, I consult with my counsel often but... Well, I'll be honest when I say it's more and more I wish I had the mind of another who led alongside me but I keep hoping experience slowly soothes that." “I'll always be here for you, you know. I'm merely a howl away.” She assured, pulling forwards to nudge herself against him once more, attempting to give him an odd wolf-embrace-thing to the best of her abilities.

He chuckled, though, and moved on. "How many children did you used to imagine having?" Aika laughed similarly, tilting her head as she tried to remember how she'd spend her days with @Honoka, planning our her perfect wedding and honeymoon and all the decorations in great detail; pups had been one of the first things she'd mentioned once she'd been old enough to really consider them. "When I was younger, I used to believe two full litters would be ideal... Ha, can you imagine that? Everyone I ever told was aghast." Two full litters?! She jokingly gasped, eyes fluttering wide with a dramatic swoop of her lashes. She craned forwards in a laugh, clearing her throat as a comically proper look resumed her face. “I've always pictured three or four mini-me's running around,” She smiled. “Enough for me to handle, I think. One or two . . . I feel like that would get a little boring. Surprisingly, I'd like the challenge, you know?”

Aika smiled, and blinked a few times before looking at MJ with a sincerity that was immeasurable; one that spoke her true feelings, in which they surely couldn't be "just friends," at least, she hoped not. What she wanted was so much more. “I've actually, ah, wanted whelps of my own lately,” She gave a soft chuckle. “I worry that with my age may bring . . . complications. I'm four already, ha. Would you ever consider children of your own, MJ? Apologies if . . . that is an odd question.” The lady didn't want to make him uncomfortable. She quickly rushed to add to the end of her sentence, just to make sure he understood she wasn't trying to pry; “You don't have to answer, of course! I'm merely curious. It might be a weird question for, uh, a friend to ask.” Some sort of subconscious distaste in the back of her mind put a lot of emphasis into the word friend, and for that, she felt quite guilty . . . without even knowing why.

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
scroll to top