Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
found yourself home, in the end

Sunrise Drizzle/Rain
P
11-21-2022, 12:06 AM
Near the lake, M'Jakuna slept most nights, finding a reprieve with the idle swim of the fish within the cool waters—without the numbers he was once accustomed to, the centerpiece of this territory acted as the ideal manner to take note of wanderers moving in too close; each always after the water source presented. This would be what the leader suspected of an initially strange scent on the air. M'Jakuna shifted around, blinking weariness from his eyes and moving upright with a grunt.

Initially, at least.

Then the tinge of familiarity caught and his heart ached a little.

At once, he sought it out.

the staff team luvs u
11-21-2022, 12:16 AM
Bleary eyes blinked awake as wet grass soaked her soft pelt. Confusion filled the wolf for a moment as she let out a sleepy noise- confused at the much less comfortable bedding. Jiravkino sat up- panic starting to set in at the new surroundings. It smelled odd here, it looked much different than home, and it was very wet from all the dew.

A scent on the wind was comforting though- familiar and reassuring that she wasn't alone.

That was enough to make her start wildly looking around. If one of her pack was here they could regroup and head home!! She didn't want to dissappear from the pack like some of her family had.

A noise startled her. The damp wolfs fur spiked up in surprise as she whipped around and saw- M'Jankuna?

She blinked and tried to see if that would help. Nope. Hes still there.

"M'Jankuna?" Poor Jiravkino didn't seem to know what to do. There wasn't a plan for this! She was expecting her sister or even her other brother but not her missing brother!
the staff team luvs u
11-21-2022, 12:48 AM
He paused his stride the moment he saw her coat standing out amongst the dark greenery, heart skipping and a lump forming in his throat; he hadn't ever doubted his mother... M'Jakuna believed her through and through when she told him their family would follow but it still felt like some trick of the mind and eyes. One he couldn't deny, he would see, as she spoke.

M'Jakuna had always taken to Jiravkino differently than his other siblings, a little bit because he knew she treated him differently, too, and so it was that same emotion he found with Ozai that sprung him forward. "Jiravkino!" he called out, wasting little to no time to find himself before her, tail slightly wagging and his forehead pressed to hers ever so gently. "Oh, you've no idea how much I missed you—worried for you," and then he withdrew, dark eyes searching hers. "How... How did you come here?"

the staff team luvs u
11-21-2022, 01:15 AM
Jiravkino was practically about to vibrate out of her fur with how happy she was. Her tail was wagging behind her at probably the fastest it ever had and her paws gently tapped the ground in excitemt as her brother pressed his forehead to hers.

When he pulled away she stifled an upset noise- ears pressing back slightly. She forced herself to sit up though and pull herself together a bit.

"I missed you so much as well- no one knew where you went!!!" She said letting out a tiny huff. She could only shrug at his question though- "I have no idea how I got here. I just- really wanted to see you and mother again and then I woke up here."

Jiravkino seemed to slump a little bit- her ears pinning back further. "Im sorry I can't help more- I really dont know how I ended up here. Im guessing its similar for you or you would have come home by now."
the staff team luvs u
11-23-2022, 12:44 AM
He let out a little despondent sigh when she settled back, shaking his head then he moved forward to nuzzle her, a slight reassurance for her. "It's alright, no need to apologize," he said to her, voice soft as M'Jakuna moved to sit down beside her; it was undoubtedly a protective manner he leaned over to rest his chin on the top of her head. It'd been frightful to think, when he first arrived here, how the last time they saw each other was the last time. "I would have, oh, I promise I would have—I tried but I just... Well, we see how that worked out."

With the flick of an ear, he hummed to break the silence. "Mother's here," he told her, hoping this would bring some relief. "Vurlo, too, I found him a few days back... I've been slowly trying to rebuild Juh'harah here. If we can't go home, we should make one here, I believe."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top