Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
nothing ventured, nothing gained

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
P
Adventurer
11-14-2022, 09:59 PM
Between Behemoth's Brim and Ichorwood, she roamed. It was not a place that had a name, nor a claim for that matter. She considered herself thankful for that. Shiroshika behind her, Edelweiss took the time to explore beyond the Tundra. Usually, she wasn't so keen to venture far from the pack since joining it... This day was not special, nor held a special reason, for doing so. Why then? She was bored. She wanted to walk around. She wanted to see if the lower of this world was dealing with snow.

A few specks on the ground, and some moisture... It had snowed a bit. Not long, and not forever. With the ground moist, her paws squished uncomfortably against it. Felt like a marshland. Gross. Ahead of her, she spies another wolf. Older, perhaps, it was hard to tell from her position. He did not smell of a pack. Vagabond, maybe. But what struck her was his gold fur. Like the Fleece of her tales. A burning yellow, with darker points. He was split by ivory. After a while, she realized she was staring. Why? She didn't know.

"Greetings," she breezed by her thoughts as the man made his way toward her. He didn't seem to make a bee-line for Edelweiss, but she could be mistaken. He was just close enough to hear her.

the staff team luvs u
FATE IS ARMED WITH ARROWS
AND SHE WATCHES THE BATTLEFIELD
11-19-2022, 01:00 AM

Blissfully unaware was he with golden locks, who stuck his narrow muzzle between a stream and lapped up crisp water. The mountains were so farmiliar to the rolling hills of Aldinia and it's mother kingdom -- though less forgiving as the heights grew ever harsher. Pale lashes fluttered open halfway at the memory, a land that seemed so far away now yet so close within these claims. Yet the march of the eastern armies couldn't be heard from here, nor the prominant smell of sunflower feilds.

He could hear the gentle patter of feet approach him, just then, and his bronze gaze would lift underneath blonde lashes in curiosity. To follow the sight of pallid feet and splots of greyish-silver, followed by the upward sight of crystilline blues -- his heart nearly skipped a beat. Cirria?

No, it wasn't her.

Lin needed to stop thinking of her.

The breath he'd held was released in a sigh, yet in his eyes was a look of relief mixed with....dissapointment? In a split second -- one could've missed such a sight before his smile turned as freindly and bright as it would ever be. The golden bard approached the winter worldly woman with a freindly, ginger tail swaying over his hocks.

“My day of judgment leaves yet to be announced, yet a snow angel approaches me with a greeting! Tell me this, dear maiden; what message do you deliver from god's word?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 54890418_Bhw0IQk2V3H9Vmr.png]
Run away, but we're runnin' in circles
11-19-2022, 02:01 AM
"I —" What? What the hell was he talking about? She grew immediately flustered and frustrated, realizing she was no girl anymore. She could not stomp her paws and demand answers. He spoke of a singular god, and she had come across those that had just the one before. Nomads were mostly among them, unaffiliated with the Greek patrons and people. Foreigners that had their own culture. Edelweiss attempted to compose herself. "no."

"I deliver no message from your god" she stated, though it was not as flat as she assumed it would be. Was that amusement reaching into her tone? "I was merely saying 'hello'..." She shifted on the spot, her bold approach of being social backfiring. Clearly. "if that is disappointing to you, I can take leave." Though as much as she wanted to practice speaking in a not-so-frank way to strangers, he seemed to expect something from her. Something less than humble.

Did this man truly believe she was some sort of herald? The thought almost warranted a scoff. Albeit one that was near laughter. She was no messenger of any deities.Touched was perhaps a better term. Her people always assumed she had been, as pale and stark as Artemis.

the staff team luvs u
FATE IS ARMED WITH ARROWS
AND SHE WATCHES THE BATTLEFIELD
scroll to top