Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

Secret Santa 2022 Sign ups!

11-13-2022, 07:36 PM
It's that time of year again!

Since last year was so much fun and a huge hit, Secret Santa is coming to Canis for a 2nd year in a row! Like before, Secret Santa matches you with a random secret person to gift them something awesome on or before Christmas.

Signups are open
Post your gifts in this thread!

In your sign up, please include:
Physical gifts: yes or no 
Region: (for physical gifts / gift cards as people will need to know where to send this to.)
Please do not post your address in your sign up if you say yes for physical gifts -- if your Secret Santa has opted for a physical gift, a member of staff will reach out to you to get your address in private. 

Elf Crew
The elf crew makes sure that all people who sign up for Secret Santa receive a gift. If a gift is late, the elves work their magic to get one out!
If you are also interested in being part of the elf crew, please specify in your response.

Types of gifts
Here are some gift ideas:
  • Artwork (digital or traditional)
  • Photo manipulations
  • Profile/post banners
  • Discord nitro
  • Other gift cards
Don't feel like your gift has to be huge! This is just for fun 9_symbol_heart_red

Dates

November 13 - November 27:
November 28:
November 29 - December 31:
January 1 - January 14:
Signups
Random assignment
Gift giving!
Elf crew gifts!

the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 11:53 PM by Cyprin. Edited 3 times in total.)
sign me up for them digital gifts of sweet, sweet art
or would totally take a kinwamonster gift card / amazon

and here to be an elf on the shelf to help

the staff team luvs u
[Image: d97gogi-002c2186-be60-4a82-a0e8-7d691f79...LURFLhqANA]
11-13-2022, 07:48 PM
sign me up!
no physical gifts
the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 07:49 PM
This content is not visible to non-members.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: mauve_bean.png]
11-13-2022, 07:55 PM
Idea list:
Art stuff!
art in order of priority — Calhoun, Raiden, Kei, Pestilence, West, Hotaru, Ira
note: no gifts for Emil, Gwen, Tiw, or Aries

if you can only draw humans here's a few pics of my ffxiv character I love her v much (sorry I don't have an actual reference for her yet) she's the purple cat girl img1 img2 img 3 img4 Essentially she's just a rowdy cat who fights with dance blades or archery (dance blades are like frisbees) right eye is purple left is blue since you can't really make it out in the images. You can put her in more casual clothes if you want anything comfy or scrappy punk/ street wear will do

non art options!
gift cards — Kinwamonster gift card, lush gift card, steam gift card, jinya ramen gift card, amazon gift card
if you need my email for any of these, just message staff for it

I'd prefer not to have to give out my address so if anything can be e-delivery that's big plus if you're going more physical gift route!
favorite colors are purple and blue-y teal
tigers are my fav animal
current interests include FFXIV (Alisaie is fav character), Splatoon (love me shiver/deep cut and marie), K/DA (I'm an akali head what can I say)
FFXIV does also have microtransaction options, but they recently changed gifting. If you want to get me something from the shop, I guess you could just PayPal me money for it? Most stuff is between 10-20 bucks, sometimes 25

Physical gifts: no unless its in the form of digital gift card to get physical item
Region: USA
the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 07:58 PM
id like to sign up please!
I am located in the Us!
the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 08:15 PM
Id love to sign up~

no physical gifts please ^^ 
And Id love to help out as an elf if needed <3
the staff team luvs u
[Image: aa83f52e-6eaf-11ed-84e1-5f82d5ab0db4.gif]
11-13-2022, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2022, 08:16 PM by Pink.)
Signing up!

I would rather not give away my physical address, but I am more than willing to offer my Steam ID for anyone who wants to buy video games instead.

Art preferences: Dimitri, Astartes, Honoka, Nicabar, Jericho, Ragnhildr

If you prefer drawing humans, I can provide some refs of OCs.
the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 08:17 PM
JINGLE BELLS 
JINGLE BELLS

If you would like help trying to decide on a little gift, i'll pop some info
honestly anything that someone gets me i know that i will absolutely adore so PLEASE if you choose something not on the suggestions, i'm sure to love it

Would you prefer a physical or digital gift?
i'd love either

If art what characters would you want art of?
tiberius, helwyr, wren, taurus, narcissa, freya

What's your favorite color?
pastels! pastel pink, green, blue

Favorite media (game, show, etc)?
 winnie the pooh is my comfort -- whenever i'm sad, i watch winnie. love harry potter -- slytherin

Favorite animal? 
wolf, raccoon, fox, crested geckos, african grey parrot (my dads favourite has become one of my favourites)

Favorite food/snack? (any allergies?)
outside of chicken (hehe) ITS CHOCOLATEEEEE! nothing nutty, toffee or too hard to chew as #jawproblems. i also love crisps that are BBQ flavour

Current hobbies?
writing (duh), playing games, reading (fanfiction atm)

Any collections you want to add to?
batman, my teddy collection, blankies, harry potter collection

What's your aesthetic?
this changes honestly but i love pastels?? currently bc i hate #myself i wear hoodies and jeans but usually pastel colours big ol' hoodies

little other options:
amazon gift card
silly little gifts off of etsy, amazon, literally i love weird and cute things
the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2022, 08:54 PM by Karleesi. Edited 4 times in total.)
-It's beginning to look a lot like-
-CHRISTMAAAAAS-

Digital gifts: YES

Physical gifts: Yes (USA)

If art, of who (in no particular order): Valeska, Dúvain, Osamu, Alder, Aurelia

Gift card ideas: PlayStation, Etsy.com

Favorite media (game, show, etc): Disney's Gargoyles, Spyro the Dragon, Dungeons & Dragons, Horizon: Zero Dawn

Favorite snacks: Anything that does not have fish flavoring or wasabi (specifically); otherwise I like everything from chocolate to citrus things to spicy things.

Favorite animals/creatures: Dragons, domestic cats (especially tortoiseshells and silver tabbies tee hee), raccoons, and jaguars

Other things: If jewelry, for any reason, please use silver. Gold looks rough on me. :D

Also sign me up as an Elf this year! <3
the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 08:47 PM
Put me in coach!

No physical gifts please.

Art Prefrences: Izumi, Āzon, Ceria

And I'd love to help out as an elf if needed! ^-^
the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 09:25 PM
I'd like to sign up!

No physical gifts please.

Art Preferences (No particular order): Galatea, Kafka, Clementine, Crown, Mythic
the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 09:42 PM
'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY

Count me in!

No physical Gifts;

Preferred: Art of Obelisk, Aika or Droplet; Nitro; And literally anything else because I'm not picky in the slightest <3

I can do any backups for digital art, + I can be an elf!

the staff team luvs u
11-13-2022, 11:13 PM
I can't wait to participate again!

I'm not very wealthy so I'll probably only be able to give art uwu

As for me I am okay with physical gifts (NA), gift cards, art, etc! Art is definitely my main interest but it's the thought that counts <3

For art suggestions
Liutheri, Thomas, Achille are characters I could use more art of (but honestly art of any of my characters makes me happy)
I enjoy designs too!
the staff team luvs u
11-14-2022, 02:42 AM

the staff team luvs u
11-14-2022, 04:51 AM
I’d like to sign up!

Digital gifts are desired!

Physical gifts are a no!

Digital art, gift cards, and things like Nitro are all fun — for digital art, priority for characters is: Benji, M’Jakuna, and Nikolai!

I’d also love to sign up to be an elf.
the staff team luvs u
11-15-2022, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2022, 11:57 PM by ru3. Edited 2 times in total.)
Hey! I'd love to sign up for this. I don't have much to spend so I'll likely be gifting art to whoever i get!

As of now I am only interested in digital gifts, aka art; no physical gifts please!

Art Prefs (in order):
@Aruna
@Rhaella
@Freyja
@Gwyn

⇒ If you plan on getting/drawing a full illustration, my cooler toned characters look best in the snow.

My Favorite Artists & Their Prices!
(for reference, if you want to commission something)

Cloverfieldss
WILTHKING
Paperelk
Goldefern
Irawolfeh
Nopeita
Fewtish

the staff team luvs u
11-15-2022, 10:04 PM
I’d like to sign up please!

Digital art only 2_hand_peace
the staff team luvs u
11-16-2022, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2022, 03:26 PM by Teegan. Edited 1 time in total.)
I’d love to join in on this.

I’m perfectly okay with physical gifts.

I’d love anything really.

I’m in the US 9_symbol_heart_red
the staff team luvs u
11-17-2022, 06:39 PM
Signing up! 

No physical gifts

Anything of Paolmina would be great. OR you cant peruse my toyhou.se and choose anyone on there as well :) 

Clicky Click for TH
the staff team luvs u
11-17-2022, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 12:56 AM by Buu. Edited 2 times in total.)
After a debate about personal funds, I am finally signing up!

Do not give physical gifts or gift cards (they may not work in Canada from other countries to my knowledge?)
Digital gifts Art only, due to shipping costs (for you). Discord Nitro is fine too! I don't Steam play either, sadly. My laptop sucks for it lol

Characters: Tallulah, Baelfire, Godbrand, Edelweiss or anyone else you want! I'm... not picky on a toon as long as they aren't Low Priority!
Other Things: I don't care the artist or cost or w/e. I prefer people not to spend a lot on me. As long as it's quality art (I can see clearly who it's for) I don't mind.

Dream: Again, I don't like people spending a lot but my style of 'dream art' are Phobic and Noipeta. I can't seem to get to their commissions in time. I also enjoy ska-i, thalanill, rott-gutt and a few other artists on deviantart. This is just a suggestion as I'd be thankful for anything. But if you're hurting for suggestions, those are some cheaper but quality styles!

Prepare for me to slide into your dms when I get it though, and wail about your kindness.

the staff team luvs u
11-18-2022, 01:13 AM
Physical gifts are okay! I'm in the US!
Also I love gift cards as well as art (manips or otherwise)!
Also I'll be an elf!
the staff team luvs u
11-18-2022, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2022, 08:22 AM by Kthco. Edited 1 time in total.)
Count me in,  

I would prefer some character art: Kuhn or Remus!  Though, if a physical gift really speaks to you, I wouldn't mind
the staff team luvs u
11-19-2022, 08:20 PM

the staff team luvs u
11-27-2022, 02:38 AM
Almost forgot to do this lol. Sign me up!

No physical gifts please 

I'd love anything really, I'm definitely not picky.

-Art
-Poetry for my characters
-Fancy custom profile codes, cause I suck at those
-A new character design
-As I said literally anything

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top