Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
She keeps a picture of the body she lends

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
Adventurer
11-12-2022, 07:50 PM
Boredom had taken her within it's holds.

Which is what brought her to her current situation. Usually, she didn't leave the warren, she wasn't sure why anyone would want to. But the day had been growing increasingly boring, to the point of frustration. The Princess had had the urge to get out and do something, Odd.  SO she left, to go see what the outside had to offer. Which as it seemed was nothing. Still she would press on, simply taking a stroll throughout the underbrush.

Flaminia didn't take even the slightest of a second to consider the dangers of this land. That both predators and prey roamed along with her, she was caught up in her self for that. Nor would she entertain the thought of possibly running into somebody.

the staff team luvs u
Kiss the bride...
3-2-3
Adventurer
11-14-2022, 12:32 AM
Straying from the river once his fill of fish was taken, M'Jakuna took back to the thick sprawl of forest, exploring with careful steps and a curious mind. He'd never seen such foliage, not even in the valleys at the rich height of summer, let alone some so wet... naturally at that so as he moved through the undergrowth, he came away damp and all the more curious... and full.

This would matter, of course, due to the fact M'Jakuna would come across the likes of a rabbit pushing along none unlike he did and, carefully, stepped aside to allow it passage... if it did not run first.

the staff team luvs u
11-14-2022, 03:00 AM

Once the scent of wolf finally hit her nostrils, it was too late. The princess saw herself lying there as she's torn apart by the beast, the mains face dripping with blood. She saw her parents weeping over the loss of their favorite child, the whole empire mourning her death. The bicolor rabbit was frozen in fear. This truly was the end.

The wolf's next action was a confusing one. He made no move to lunge at her, seemingly moving out of the way to grant her passage. Flaminia was used to this treatment from her own kind, but not those she feared most. Still she would gladly take it, hopping past the monster with disbelief obvious on her face. Once she got a safe distance away, she'd turn to face him. The lady was fully aware of her father's (rather foolish) attempts to reason with predators. But she had never once thought to try to communicate with them herself. But now the thought tempted her.

“Can you understand me?” She asked curiously, rising up on her back feet.

the staff team luvs u
Kiss the bride...
3-2-3
11-14-2022, 04:01 AM
For a moment, it froze, but then quickly recovered in order to breeze past him in what he considered a hurry for a creature with such short legs, and once beyond him, M'Jakuna pressed onward without much thought to the creature at his back...

...until a voice broke through, he turned around slowly, blinking a little in his adjustment to where his eyes should fall before settling on the small rabbit. Her curiosity struck him. The prey spoke here... odd. "I believe so," he said, flicking an ear. "Typically rabbits don't linger amidst a wolf. Is there some reason you are?"

the staff team luvs u
11-14-2022, 04:48 AM
“Typically wolves don't let prey easily pass them by.” She echoed in a similar fashion. Sitting down with ears swiveled forward towards the other. Besides at this point she had a head start to run away if he decided to take back his kindness. It would be ridiculous for her to freeze again at this point, she would be aware what was to happen beforehand.

“My father thinks it's possible to reason with you creatures, I'm simply curious if he's crazy or not.” She loved her father, but that idea was outlandish. Even now her heart was beating furiously in her chest, and she was quite sure she was safe. They were having a civil conversation right now, and the princess could somewhat trust he wouldn't destroy that.

the staff team luvs u
Kiss the bride...
3-2-3
11-14-2022, 05:06 AM
”I find many wolves to be gluttonous,” he said, watching her settled before him. M’Jakuna hunted when he hungered, his pack did the same, to catch a rabbit for the mere reason it was a rabbit and he could seemed entirely unfathomable—the waste would be unforgivable.

M’Jakuna quirked his head a little, wondering what it was in the grass here that made the rabbits of such a unique mindset. ”That would depend greatly on what he means by reason,” he explained, settling down on his haunches with a rumbling noise. ”If he wishes to see an end to the catching of rabbits, that’s not possible—wolves must eat, same as rabbits feed on the grass.A flick of his ear, he looked around and then back to her. ”Though I am of the belief the wolves in this land they… Don’t take care with what the catch, it’s almost sport, and that I do not support. That I believe could be a change come with time.”

the staff team luvs u
11-14-2022, 05:58 AM
“Now that I'm not too sure of, I've never really spoken with him about it. I usually don't concern myself with such matters.” She had no reason too, it was of no interest to her. Besides it was completely unnecessary, she had no desire for her family's throne. She listened to the wolf's words with interest. ”If he wishes to see an end to the catching of rabbits, that’s not possible—wolves must eat, same as rabbits feed on the grass." That was true she supposed, even if she hated it.

“I doubt he wishes too. Truly I don't have a problem with seeing those not in alliance with us killed. But nothing is worse than seeing your citizens, and more-so your family, slaughtered. ” God, she was good at this, maybe she should try her paw at more important dealings someday, or not that would be a lot of work. ”Though I am of the belief the wolves in this land they… Don’t take care with what the catch, it’s almost sport, and that I do not support. That I believe could be a change come with time.”

“I agree with you on this. You seem like a good soul, well as good as your kind can be, and I'm glad to have met you.” She meant it as a compliment, even if it turned out to be a little backhanded.

“I'm Princess Flaminia Meranda of Imperial Thracia.” She introduced, about ready to take her leave. This whole situation had been extremely eventful, and it had tired her out greatly.

the staff team luvs u
Kiss the bride...
3-2-3
scroll to top