Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Harvest Dawn

Early Morning
P
11-05-2022, 04:38 PM
 A nightmare woke him early.

A weary soldier against the advancing forces of his own dark memories, Rafferty conceded, rising in the pre-dawn haze.

The morning was capricious, clouds moving with haste across a slow-rising sun. Rafferty skirted the forest, walking from one patch of sun to the next as he waited for his muscles to wake and warm.

He realized an hour later that he’d ventured well away from his newfound home. Ears twitching, the youth turned around and saw a stranger. “Hey - think I’m turned around.” Not lost. “Do you know where we are?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: c-stare-down-by-g4rdwin-dfaxylc-fullview.png]
— thank you chan!
11-05-2022, 06:21 PM
His ears splayed back.

He scratched at his shoulder. His back leg raised.

“Fuck if I know.” He grunted.

He wasn’t his fucking babysitter.

the staff team luvs u
11-05-2022, 06:54 PM
 Rafferty snorted. Barbs didn’t phase a youth who’d grown up suckling thorns. “Guess we both have a busted internal compass. I’m Rafferty. What’s your name?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you chan!
11-06-2022, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 06:04 AM by Daighre. Edited 2 times in total.)
He stared.

”Why.”

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2022, 11:19 PM
 “Cuz I’m shit at making up nicknames.”

He didn’t approach further, but his tail wagged gently at his hocks.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you chan!
11-11-2022, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2022, 02:42 AM by Daighre. Edited 2 times in total.)
He huffed.

Lowered his head.

His left ear flicked, splayed back against his head, and to the side.

”Your packs that way.”

He motioned one way.

He walked the other way.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top