Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Down by the water,

Morning
AW
Adventurer
11-04-2022, 11:50 PM
It was near the end of autumn, and Uriel was a bit fearful. She traversed through the Golden Glade, a place she made a home to, and others attempted at point as well. Though those she once knew had lingered no more, and she knew not where @Lore was and prayed that he was fairing well. Every so often he would visit, though the last parting was scary to say ; covered in wounds in the smell of what was a pack.. She hoped he was alright, and that the life was treating him. She hoped so he would visit as well, but for the meanwhile the forest remained silent.

The trees were in a reddish orange, but were falling down to the crumbles of leaf piles. She stepped through them, crunching audibly heard aws she continued strolling through the now autumn forest.. A coldness in the air as her breath wisped by, and she gazed toward the morning sky as the birds filtered through. Soon enough the fish she hunts and the berries she squandered would be hard to gather. Never once had she went through a winter without meat, but times had changed..

Uriel did not eat meat, the fauna who talked highly disturbed her so that she no longer found it fulfilling, and even regretful. Attempting to hunt and thinking the screams of another was all too much, so for the moments that came, she ate berries and fish.. But with winter, the berries would long be gone, and the fish would be frozen underneath the icy streams. She wasn't sure how she was going to handle, the woman thought, and wondered lightly if she should head to where the sands were.. Where the hotness was..

She sat in the midst of a clearing, mulling over solutions.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
11-05-2022, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2022, 09:10 AM by Aika. Edited 1 time in total.)
Mine >:)

Continuing across the plains was fun, nice, and overall, very intriguing. As autumn came, all the plants started changing colours. From green to gold and scarlet, and it reminded her of the marigold lady she'd met once upon a moon. Speaking of her . . . There she was!

“Uriel!” She called with a smile, racing up to her friend, though slowly as she drew closer. Aika didn't want to startle her while she sat and seemingly brooded over whatever may be going on with her right now. But hey! Now the inked princess was here to brighten the mood, and save the day! Who could want anything else, right? “It's been a while since I saw you last! Now, I know it's not exactly a full moon . . . but . . . It's not like I could just walk away, you know?”

Or maybe she was just going a little rant-y, but y'know what? Aika didn't care! She was with a friend again, and she didn't think it'd just be a hi-bye sort of thing! Maybe they could hang out more often. The lady would most certainly like that. Would Uriel?

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-09-2022, 08:16 PM
A familiar face appeared within the Golden Glade. a Long-legged monochrome wolf with a stunning blue eyes, causing Uriel to turn and face them with a wide smile, "Aika!" the other approached her in the midst of the field. Her tail wagged lightly, stepping closer to meet the other. She looked well and healthy, the smell of others upon her pelt but weren't exactly that of a pack, for the smell of a land-lock was absent. It seemed she was busy!

"It's nice to see you again even without the moon." The golden woman would never mind meeting before any of those dates, as quite honestly the life of a loner was a lonely one. She was happy to see someone familiar and was quite curious of what she had been up to.

the staff team luvs u
11-12-2022, 11:47 AM

"Aika! "It's nice to see you again, even without the moon." The lady beamed at the sentiment, a jovial grin spreading across her cheeks as her eyes settled upon the familiar golden pelt. Bringing a pair of inky paws forwards, Aika pranced around her new friend, tilting her head back and forth in a puppy-like manner as she properly soaked in the fact that – omg – she was with one of her actual real-kind-of friends now. WHAT.

But! She squealed with excitement, turning on her heels and bounding back towards Uriel with a large, happy smile perched upon her face. Aika would give all the cuddles and snuggles if they were just a little more emotionally-closer, stuff, things. Aika wasn't very good with relationships, coming back from the dead and all. “It's so good to see you again! Aa! i just– I can't believe you're here! And I'm here, right now! We're here together!!”

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-16-2022, 08:57 PM
Aika was slightly different then how Uriel originally met her, she was bubbly already and but a little bit of shyness, but now all of that seemed to shed away that it had her pause in surprise. A relaxed but shy smile then followed her own, a persona not entirely used to after being alone in the Golden Glade for so many moons ; it was nice for a change of energy. She did not think she could match, but she was happy to see a friend again either way, "I live in the Golden Glade, so.. You can visit anytime," her ears would wildly tuck and jump upwards as she confessed with the light blush, feeling the embarrassment in the hope that the other would come again.

"What have you been doing all this time?" She then asked curiously, for the smell of others was definitely upon her pelt, but lacked the distinct smell that came with pack territory. She wondered if the other was in a nomadic group?

the staff team luvs u
Formation
11-16-2022, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 10:39 AM by Aika. Edited 1 time in total.)

Wait . . . she lived here? Aika supposed it made sense; her sunfire pelt would allow her to blend into the goldenrod grass, and give her ease of hunting, but all alone . . ? The siamese would definitely have to stop down often, though it was a little far from wherever Izumi wanted home to be. "What have you been doing all this time?" “Well, I've been roaming lately, and I'm pretty sure my sister – Izumi – is searching for people for . . . something,” Aika tilted her head. Because of the timeline, the meeting hasn't happened yet, so . . .

“What about you, Uriel?” She asked with a smile, sniffing around to see if she'd had any other visitors; there were a lot of other scents, though most were either stale or loners, and the brief smells across her pelt had seemed to be fading for some time now. She hoped that Uriel wasn't too lonely here. Maybe Aika could set up a roommate for her, or something!

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-17-2022, 07:08 PM
The sounds of so she was right. A group of wanderers, temporarily nomadic and surely looking for a home, just as Uriel once did with a small band. However those individuals had long disappeared, and though there was no ties to this place anymore, she did not want to leave it. It was the closest security she felt, especially with how many dangers she kept encountering. The Golden Glade was a safe haven, and she was even afraid when the smell of a group was coming to.. For the meanwhile though, she had not smelled them for the entire time and only vaguely had seen them. Now again, she was alone. There was relief.

"Are you forming a pack" Though assumptions may be, Uriel still asked. She was curious if they would travel far or close.. In that instance, maybe the golden dame could visit Aika at her new pack! She so hoped they were friendly.. Maybe even one day, if Uriel was brave enough, she could join to. Such thoughts made her shake her head though, for she knew she was not only a burden, but greatly feared to join those she didn't know. It was a rather presumptuous thought to think if they would even take her.

"Oh, nothing much.. Preparing for winter." There was an eye to the forming clouds in the sky, the gray started to take a gloomy look.. It didn't look like it'd rain or snow, but she knew it was only a matter of time.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
11-19-2022, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 10:39 AM by Aika. Edited 1 time in total.)

"Are you forming a pack?" Uriel asked, and Aika hummed as if she wasn't sure; personally, no, she wasn't the one forming it; she didn't think she'd ever be capable at taking on a leader's position, but her sister – Izumi – on the other hand, definitely seemed like she would have the willpower and capability to lead a pack; perhaps it was an honor thing, trying to make their parents proud. Aika smiled. “My sister might be,” She shrugged. “I personally wouldn't be able to. I don't . . . have as much confidence, really.”

She gave a shy smile, ears perking as Uriel spoke again; "Oh, nothing much.. Preparing for winter." “Smart,” Aika gave a small nod of her head, swaying her tail back and forth as her own gaze trailed up to the murky sky. She huffed in frustration, wrinkling her nose as she flicked her tail back and forth. “It's a shame that the weather can't just . . . warm up.” She complained, looking back at Uriel. “Like, the trees are pretty and all, but why can't the air just . . . be warmer, you know?”

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
11-23-2022, 05:37 AM
"I can understand. I don't think I could ever be a leader either.. Thinking of being in a pack is a struggle." She smiled in an understanding ; it was a scary idea after all. Uriel hesitated to even join a pack, and many could say she was picky.. Even one pointed out did she even give them a chance? She did not, not venturing toward to try and get to know.. Above all else she fears being surrounded by strangers, craving the warmth and love of others, but was so scared and hesitant that the very same dream was often blocked by her own cowardness. How she knew this, but struggled to change. Almost like she didn't want to change.

Her tail was curled around her, it was like she was shuffling her entire body close to her in a craddling comfort, "I like when it's autumn.. It's a good between of winter and summer, and both can be equally scary." Though summer had ample of prey, it was easy to over-heat. The activity of all animals was an issue, while winter was the lack of prey and the cold that came, but many such as bears tended to slumber. She didn't like either.. Feeling autumn was a nice breeze.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
11-23-2022, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 10:39 AM by Aika. Edited 1 time in total.)

"I can understand. I don't think I could ever be a leader either.. Thinking of being in a pack is a struggle." She hummed curiously, tilting her head; Aika didn't necessarily think that being part of a pack was . . . a struggle, if anything it kept you safe and sound and protected, but then again, she was sure there were plenty of wolves that wanted to be able to explore and roam without anything to keep them bound to the land where their group may lay. “Packs can be scary, yeah, but they also keep you safe! I get it if you don't want to join one, though,” As much as Aika would love to see Uriel frequenting her own pack. Maybe she could try and recruit the Marigold Maiden.

"I like when it's autumn.. It's a good between of winter and summer, and both can be equally scary." Ah, it seemed Uriel was quite shy . . . or tentative when it came to exploring or putting anything at risk when it came to exploring or venturing or even just . . . life itself. She gave the woman a soft smile, wishing that she could just pull the lady into a hug and make her see that not everything was so bad and scary and dangerous all the time. She wanted to be able to show Uriel that things could be nice. “True,” She said instead, dipping her head. “What's your opinion on spring, though? It's opposite to autumn, though it's not completely summer, nor winter,” She shivered; Bees, though.”

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
12-04-2022, 06:15 PM
The cons and pros, and she knew well that love of wanting to be in one. Finding a pack that was of friends and family ; Uriel would want nothing more then that pleasure. Though she felt it would never come, especially with how many people came and went as they did — the wondering of where those in the beginning where, and now.. The first time she arrived and met with others, just to be chased out of the forest, and onto the glade. Though they left, Uriel who sat and smiled, listening to Aika, never left.

"Spring is the welcoming of life.. I like it." Where growth came to be and the young sprouted from their winter dens — the golden girl saw it as the beginning of the year.

the staff team luvs u
12-09-2022, 08:07 AM

Uriel sat and smiled, placid; simple, it was nice, to be listened to. To have a friend with you. Aika gave one of her own, smiling back at the golden woman as she spoke. The way her fur gently rustled and moved with her mannerisms replicated that of the marigold stalks that decorated the glade. It was truly perfect; the two of them in this moment. Simply . . . being. "Spring is the welcoming of life.. I like it."

Aika nodded. “Spring brings forth flowers, and birdsong, and new creatures . . . it brings on children, too, some of which I someday hope to be my own . . .” Her voice trailed off, a thoughtful look posed among her features as her eyes froze on a ladybug. Its auburn shell was neatly dotted by ebony circles, before it's clear wings erupted from the shell in an act of flight. Her features softened. “Would you ever want children of your own one day, Uriel?” She asked curiously; genuine.

She wondered if . . . this may be a chance for them to bond. Perhaps. She hoped.

the staff team luvs u

日本 & Common
Translator
scroll to top