Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
But I'm low, so low

Afternoon Thunderstorms
AW
Counsellor
11-04-2022, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2022, 06:31 PM by Miriam. Edited 5 times in total.)
The weather today was bleak, where the gray skies hung heavy above, casting away the sunlight that was brought from the morning. Even as the day continued onwards the darkening never went away, and rather a drizzle slowly started to set in. Her eyes were cast to the sky as she looked at the formation, for in the distance was none to see but the clouds gathering. She could hear the thunder within the distance, and made way to find shelter for the day. It would do no good to find herself in the midst of this storm, as she could the hailing rain go harder upon her back.

She motioned toward a small cave, where it led to no tunnel but a shelter for herself. Shaking off the dew of the rain, Miriam's eyes gazed toward the entrance where she got the sight of another. A small lil mouse who by the entrance was getting impaled by the weather, but made no motions to come inside ; she assumed due to her predatory status. It was true Miriam hunted, by she could not take advantage of a soul who was also trying to deter away from the weather. She bent down, smiling and cooing as she went, "it's okay," the moon-maiden tried to coax, "I won't hurt you."

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
11-07-2022, 04:27 AM
Liutheri was padding quickly, shit he wandered too far and now it was storming. You had to be careful with weather on hills, closer to skies meant closer to lightning. He had watch many storms formed in his youth, the slower the clouds the more to worry about. With a silent hiss he picked up his pace, looking for any shelter to wane through the worst of it. Of course opportunities must be taken in such situations.

Spotting a mouse, he tread on light paws before nabbing the small creature in his jaws, it was able to emit several terrified and pitiful squeaks before he would crunch its bones to dust, the body malformed, swallowing the morsel whole afterwards. The mouse was food so no sympathetic thoughts, he needed to eat when he needed to. It was good to get a snack, he might be here for a while so the protein was needed. Looking over he noticed a cave, what luck! But a stranger watching him with a look he wasn't expecting. Was it of horror, sadness, stoicism?

He would tilt his head and take her in. Not able to fathom their scent so perhaps a loner? She was a pretty and dainty thing, but appearances could be deceiving. He had mainly had bad experiences with loners, but Liutheri believed it was his right to be mature and respectful, she probably didn't want to be here either. Polite he would be.

"Um hello there. Do you mind if I take shelter here? Until the worst of the storm has passed. I mean no harm, you have my word." He would say and look expectantly. "I am Liutheri, a Vanderfell Woods Wolf" He would introduce alongside his pack that he had pride with.
the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
11-07-2022, 04:40 AM
The mouse seemed hesitant, it squeaked and by steps it came, "it's okay.." Miriam tried to coax, lowered to the ground so carefully that her whole body was shut down to the floor. She stayed a continual distance away, but felt slowly safe enough to start crawling through.. Her face brightened when the mouse was starting to move forward, feeling a soar in confidence and spirit — until..

A crisp snap was heard, and the squeak of the mouse was no more. Miriam looked up in a horror to see a boy of white and pink eyes sweep up the precious mouse. A simple being who was attempting to find shelter, who she assured all was okay — but it was not. As she tried to coax she could feel her eyes swell up, regret, that maybe if she didn't enter the cave the former would still be alive and not victimized by the wheel that nature provided. Destiny was oh-so cruel like that, but she knew every path had different ways to take, and if she..

Sat there with tears and her eyes and prayed, for the little mouse to be guided to the Summerlands. A poor unfortunate soul on this day was lost, and she could not blame the pale man who did so — as the cycle of nature went on.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
11-07-2022, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 09:56 AM by Liutheri. Edited 1 time in total.)
He had expected words, a conversation. Something normal or perhaps aggressive. "Um, Mam-" Liutheri had previously assumed that the other was wary for him being a stranger. Then he watched her form tremble and break as tears streamed. He was not use to tears from anyone but Ira's first litter. He was shocked, flabbergasted and wondering what he did wrong to cause such a stir. Was she just scared of him??? He immediately tried to fix this because Liutheri could not stand sadness. It was worse than any wound one could give him. "No-no-no! Oh god. It's okay! I won't hurt you, promise! There's no reason to be scared..." Shit, nothing was working.

He was getting desperate. Against his pride he lowered his ears and tail and went over without a second thought to rest his head on her shoulder. "Please don't cry...I meant no harm...what can I do to get you to stop crying? Mam? Mam!" He still thought he was the problem, which he technically was, but the mouse was still but a forgotten memory at this point.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
11-08-2022, 10:45 PM
"No, no.. It is not you." Tears may stream but voice withdrew it sobs. Her paw lifted, a scrapping against that was falling as she took deep breathes. Unfortunate day she so thought, coincidences led to misery, and may the Summerlands accept all that come, wolves and others alike. After all it was a mystery whether the Gods she prayed to were even wolves overall — no one knew, no one questioned, a being so high could also be formless.. Though now the mouse is also formless, a soul leaving as Miriam adjusted herself upwards, a saddened smile to be given.

"It is but unfortunate destiny, it can be cruel sometimes."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top