Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I still remain

Sunset Sunny/Clear 66° F
P
Warcrest
11-02-2022, 07:49 PM
for @Satan <333

Nyra had seen little of her mate lately, but she needed to have an important conversation with him.
Seeking the King out, she would let out a chuff and brush against him with a low, rumbling purr in affection, before she stood by his side and spoke. 

"My season will be upon me in the next few months..." She mused, looking to him.
"I know we have plenty of children here already, but do you still want to sire my next litter?" Nyra wondered to him aloud.
They did indeed have a few mouths to feed already, thus she desired to know if he would want the litter she promised to him long before this moment. 
Her golden gaze was no less intense than per usual, alight in flame with the dying rays of the sun.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
Misc Skill
11-07-2022, 11:41 PM
The man raised his head as she approached, listening quietly to her words. He would push himself against her for a moment before speaking, his voice low and grumbling. "Regardless of how many children we have, as long as they can be cared for, I care little. I told you before that the children I sired with Reign was nothing more than an alliance. Yours however, I do want." With that, he would lay his head down against her, clearly having a lazy day which he didn't have often.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
Content Warning
11-08-2022, 01:27 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
It was Nyra's turn to listen now, and she did so as quietly as he did for her own words.
Her amber gaze glistened with love for her mate as he said he did want her children, and perhaps some other fond emotion she couldn't place. 
Relief, maybe. Or even joy. 

"Then it is done. When my season comes, you will be the first to know." She stated.
To a paranoid lover, there may be in her words the implication she had others besides Satan who would want to know, but her tone dually implied she had not touched another in that way besides her mate.
As he rested his head against her, Nyra gave him a few affectionate licks and a nuzzle into his fur with her nose.

A sultry purr of content from her then as she nibbled teasingly at his lower jaw.
"Shall we retire for the night?" Nyra purled, her golden gaze heavy with want. 
Season or no season, she wanted him.
Now. Forever. Always.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
11-09-2022, 03:06 AM
The man flicked his eyes up slightly as she spoke, noticing the emotions that swam through her eyes, similar ones hidden deep within his own, though much more locked away than hers. Hearing her words, he would raise an eyebrow, though say nothing else, only leaning his weight into hers, relishing in the licks and nibbles, though he made no move to give licks of his own. No, he was never one to typically do that kind of thing. Instead, he would press against her, leaning his head against her body as she snuggled against her. 

Hearing her question, he would nod before curling around her, keeping her safe, protected. "Tomorrow, we can hunt." He said simply, aiming to lay his chin on her back. She was his, and there was nothing that was going to change that.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
11-09-2022, 04:27 AM
We can fade here and I can start another thread for these two if you'd like! <3

Nyra smiled softly as Satan curled around her, resting his head on her back as he agreed to retire for the night, and that tomorrow, they could hunt.
The Queen would press into her mate then, allowing him to envelop her (despite them being the same size).
He was hers, just as much as she was his. 
A possessiveness for him furled in her breast, but she knew he would always return to her, and this if nothing else settled the territorial part of her for the time being.

The Warqueen closed her eyes with content, allowing the moments to pass in peace.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top