Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain, we can be like they are

AW
Nightwalkers
Formation
03-26-2021, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:47 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
@"Bramble" I know you're busy Thalia but I'll tag you anyway just in case you want in <3 Ven has to go home If there is too much PP please let me know and I will happily edit the post!

^^
With Celnes confident in her own ability to protect her own lands with the small gathering she had collected, the two soon-to-be leaders agreed it was now time for both of them to focus on their own tasks, on their own empires and move their alliance to something more long distance. So he gathered up the little injured healer and began on their journey to where 'home' would be from now on.

Anyone watching their travel may have mistaken his patience with her pace as sympathy, him carrying her through certain places as care - and yet they would be oh so wrong. He forced her to move against the desire to heal and get better, carrying her in order to force her along as opposed to leaving her behind in a blessing to be left behind by her captor, she was precious to him, for them, and Vengeance wasn't about to leave their only healer behind any time soon.

It took longer than it would have if Vengeance had traveled on his own, a few days perhaps until finally, the familiar smog of the misty woods caressed his body as the two entered. @Eldra 's scent was already here, and so his concern for her faded. No longer would he need to meet with her at the Elk King's woods as surely she would return here again and catch his scent lingering stronger now than ever before.

The Warlord was home, and it was time to start focussing on his own kingdom.
^^

+2 Points

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-26-2021, 05:29 PM

no worries, PP is totally fine with her! If I take more than a couple days to reply, please skip me :))
She is pliant as she is moved, bearing each new burst of pain. She needs to get out of this, that much is obvious, and this sudden change of location fills her with dread. She's not privy to the large part of the brute's intents and plans, only that she appears in some way to be valuable to him, but not, she thinks, irreplaceable. A failed attempt at escape would most certainly be met with more violence. 

Finally, they reached the wood that appeared to be their destination; Vengeance paused with a finality that had her skin prickle. It certainly seemed his sort of place, fog seeking to twine around every trunk and protuberance, sounds and scents seemingly muffled in the looming darkness. There is a long beat of silence before she finds the courage to speak; being meek and soundless will get her nowhere, but it's sure hard not to be. 

"What is this place?"

the staff team luvs u
03-26-2021, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2021, 10:26 PM by Eldra. Edited 1 time in total.)
jumping in on this! Will rewrite if needed <3

Eldra was just getting ready to head out to look for her Warlord, but upon nosing @Sam to his feet and beginning to walk out, the Titan caught a familiar stench. 

Quickly, she changed course with her Ward, and eventually, eventually... 
The massive woman materialized in the fog, waving her tail softly at her heels as she began to approach Vengeance with a soft whine. 
"I caught you a gift." She murmurs to him, uncertainty and yet cruelty in her gaze as she turns her head to look at Sam.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-26-2021, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:48 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
For a moment he observed the mist and the woods from which it seemed to roll out from, reaching out the duo and nearly beckoning him to enter further. The rare voice of the little girl brought his gaze down upon her, not moving his head but only the sharp movement of his bloodied gaze. “Home.” The word was drawn out as he was clearly proud of it all. A twist of his lips allowed a toothy grin to shine through before his eyes fell on the mist once more, narrowing in on a new figure who approached them with someone else in tow.

“Eldra.” His mood almost immediately taking a shift for the worse as the pale woman speaks, scrutinizing eyes falling on her little "gift" that she speaks of with near disgust. “What good is he to me?” The man sneers, looking down his muzzle to the greyish man and only now, after a long examination from the earthen beast did his attention find its way back to Eldra.
^^

+1 Points

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-27-2021, 04:10 AM
 When she deemed it the right time, the white wolf took him from the den and told him they were leaving. Sam hobbled along, following her. His eyes hurt from weeping. His head hurt from anguish. His broken leg was swollen and painful to the touch. Sam walked on three legs, not two, careful to never put weight on it. He had never had an injury like this. He wondered if it would even heal.
 His tail found its way back to his undersides on seeing the reason for his capture. He kept his head very low, and wobbled as he stood silent. What now?
 Sam looked away as he was inspected and scrutinized. He said nothing, barely noticing the woman nearby. His breathing quickened, and he wondered what they would do with him.

the staff team luvs u
03-27-2021, 11:30 AM
She allows his answer to fade into silence, struggling to ignore the desire to run, now, when the beast's attention zeroes in on her. Thankfully, his attention is pulled away by the figure— no, figures, that approach through the fog. Both ignore her, the woman apparently by choice, the man, perhaps, in fear. He's presented as a gift by the one she learns is called Eldra, though is evidently ill-received by Vengeance. She's selfishly glad that the stranger seems to be receiving the brunt of the negative attention now, content to remain ignored. But that twists just as quickly into guilt as worse-case scenarios for the man flick through her thoughts. 

She really ought to say — no, she should shut up, and let the two giants settle on a fate for the man. It'd be a bad one, she's convinced, but — "I can fix him." she offers, the words coming out barely above a whisper. Still, the fact that they managed to at all is rather surprising, and her tongue slides over her lips in nervousness as she keeps her attention on the man's leg, not wanting to accidentally meet the gaze of either of the other two should they turn to her. He carries his leg as she carries hers, though his certainly looks worse. It's a bold claim to make from a healer that mediocre at best, really, and she quickly decides that that's quite enough talking.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-27-2021, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:48 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Her ears flatten as Vengeance sneers in borderline disgust at her present.
What good is he to me? He says.
Eldra decides to make a bold few suggestions, and then Vengeance's own ward speaks up. 
I can fix him
The titanic woman offers a grateful glance Bramble's way, returning her gaze to Sam briefly before she looks back to Vengeance without meeting his gaze "If you don't want him, sir, may she fix him so he can leave?" 
For Sam's sake, this innocent man she snatched, she hoped fleetingly while she was still sane that Vengeance didn't say to eat him

+1 Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-27-2021, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:49 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
^^
He offered nothing but a flick of the ear as the girl by his side offered a kind gesture to heal the broken man who was presented to them. Sanguine eyes floating toward the terrified man once more, pathetic. How could anyone present such a disgusting-looking thing to him and expect him to think of it as a gift. “Am I supposed to eat it?” He supposed... that was the most use he could think of with this one; especially since Eldra didn't answer his question previously and instead opted to show some pity for the creature she must have attacked for now what seemed for no reason what so ever.

Nudging the girl at his side to move with a forceful kick, “What do you think we are running here, Eldra?” The last thing he'd do is let the two captives conspire among themselves, to risk his little healer by having an escaping partner. The brute walked up to the pale woman, certainly, she must have thought it to be a wonderful welcome home offering and yet, it fell flat having no obvious use other than to soak up resources and space. “This isn't some infirmary.” Baritones rolled deeply, rumbling with each word like distant thunder. “Either I make use of it as a meal, or you get rid of it.”

And here he'd stand. Making sure he leaned enough on his ward to make sure she knew he was keeping tabs on her too regardless if his eyes were watching her little figure.
^^

+2 Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-27-2021, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:49 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
 Sam looked toward the grey girl. They were so similar in colour, they looked almost like brother and sister. He tried to catch her gaze as she spoke. Her leg was also injured. Apparently this was something this group of wolves did — hurt others to take them away. The male with blood-lust eyes was not impressed at all with what Eldra had done, and Sam felt an instinctive pull at his heart that begged him to leave this cursed place.
 He was surprised that Eldra seemed to want to let him leave. Sam hazarded a glance toward her, keeping his head and ears low and tilting his nose toward her chin as though he was a puppy appeasing an adult. This was the only thing he could think to do. She had been strangely caring toward him during the brief time she'd held him captive, and even though he was terrified of her, he hoped he might win her favour.
 Am I supposed to eat it?
 Sam felt his stomach drop. He had never encountered anything so sickening in his life. Fear plunged through his veins as he began to shake again, shuffling backward to shield himself from the male by keeping Eldra between them. He could do nothing. He could say nothing. He managed only a short whine, also puppy-like in tone.

+2 Points

the staff team luvs u
03-27-2021, 08:38 PM
She'd not been expecting the flicker of gratitude from the woman, something Bramble manages to catch despite keeping her gaze trained on the greyscale stranger or the ground. She feels the male's gaze on her, and manages, for a moment, to meet it before Vengeance speaks. Her gaze swings toward him unthinkingly, her stomach dropping. She knew him to be a monster, but — he wouldn't. This was just some bizarre powerplay, empty threats. Still, her heart beats faster against her chest, even more so when she is jostled with a well-placed kick. 

She moved up alongside him, disgust crawling up her throat when he leans against her. She swallows it down, though she wants nothing more than to grab the terrified greyscale man and flee. She can only remain at the beast's side, trembling as she holds Sam in her sights, begging, hoping, that he'll run.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-27-2021, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:50 PM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
RIP Sam --sobs--

As her alpha growls at her with his words and comes closer, she cowers some with a submissive whine.
Then, underneath his pressure, a switch in her flips yet again, and it becomes clear by the change in her surrounding air that Eldra is no longer so caring. That part of her is almost snuffed out, replaced by some other thing
Eldra's submissive cower melts into a humble bow below her King, her Lord, her Master. 
And without gazing up at Vengeance she dares the suggestion in a respectfully calm, soldierly cool tone- 

"May I ask that you allow me to learn my lesson by eating him myself, sir?" The way she quivered, subtly, showed she had never eaten another wolf before, and yet she was willing if it would appease her Lord. Deep down she hoped he would do it himself, but some other twisted part of her didn't.

And yet the last of her sanity sparked only when she turned her head hauntingly slow to look at Sam with a Cheshire grin, at first fake so she could look her ward in the eyes before her trauma enveloped her completely - the clear, very present message - 

RUN.

Hopefully her message was there long enough for him to start, before Vengeance or herself started chasing.

+2 Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-27-2021, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:50 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
^^
Eldra was a strange one. Flipping from merciless to caring, then back and forth. He couldn't make any sense of her logic, but at least, she was not challenging him and his decisions, the Warlord to be would give her that. But she still had much to learn, and today would hold one of the lessons.

Hoping to make quick work of the grey-tone man, the beast quickly sprung into action. Pushing past Eldra to the cowering creature at her heels, one of which she seemed to have no interest in protecting or aiding anymore.

Yellowed teeth reaching out hungrily to the male's neck and crushing paws poised to crush him under the gargantuan's weight. His own prisoner may make this her opportunity to flee, and so everything had to be done swiftly. There would be no time to play around or dawdle, a quick snap of his neck a properly placed paw to crush his ribs and lungs.

This would also be the perfect opportunity to prove to his own pretty little jailbird what would be done to her if she stopped being of any use to him...
^^

+2 Points

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
03-27-2021, 09:30 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Death
 His heart pounded in his ears. He felt it in his throat as Eldra abandoned him to oblivion despite his efforts. There was no one to rescue him, no one to help, no one to remember his name. Sam ran.
 He did not get far with a broken front leg. Almost immediately he was grabbed. “N— PL—”

It was already over. While Sam's body limply lay beneath the weight of the demon king, his spirit drifted away. He was spared the horrors that surely awaited the physical shell he left behind.
 He saw starlight as he rose, weightless. Though he could see the wind dancing with the trees on earth, he could not feel it blowing past him. There was no pain, and there was no joy. All that remained at the end of time was nothing. Nothing, except the starlight that called to him.
 Beyond the horizon was a wolf. It came as though painted with the skies, prying itself from the heavens and leaning down to Sam. With the nameless and endless wolf he went, like the longest exhale that he had ever felt in the living world.

the staff team luvs u
03-27-2021, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 09:57 PM by Keoni. Edited 2 times in total.)
The disgust and fear can not be swallowed down anymore, and bile rises in her throat as something in the white woman changes. She can no longer convince herself that their threats are in any way empty. Dread is a crushing shadow, yet gaze remains locked on the man. The two turn on him, Vengeance gone from her side. The stranger is running and then he is falling, crushed beneath the demon and yelling, pleading, and then —

Belatedly, she is aware of her own piercing scream. She is more aware of the fact that the nameless man is dead, felled beneath the two demons. Bramble backpedals, stumbling, screams cut short by her own dry heaving. And then, somehow, she is running, tearing back the way they'd come on all four limbs; the injured one a burning brand of pain, but nothing compared to this sheer and undiluted terror. Logic is long departed; she only knows she must get away from here, now.
the staff team luvs u
03-27-2021, 09:57 PM
Eldra seems to stand in cold silence as Sam meets his fate. 
But at the sound of the greybird's scream, she looks up to see the girl running the other direction. 

The crazy bitch is all too ready to chase, and she does with her cheshire grin, and, sprinting forth with speed almost shocking of a titan like herself and Ven; Eldra races after Bramble.

Three...

Two...

Eldra lunges with a loud roar, aiming her fangs at Bramble's hocks and legs in a full effort to bring her down, where if she succeeded, the girl would be held down until the Warlord-to-be joined them.
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-28-2021, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:50 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
took a little liberty with Sam's death as Zina had no details, so please let me know if I should change things!

^^
Nothing could stop him now. The grey man didn't get very far on his twisted leg and was nothing but a notch on the Warlord's kill post, the first in these lands without putting up much of a fight. Truly he was pathetic, and Vengeance thought, perhaps, he was doing this thing a favour by releasing him from this cruel world that was so unkind to the soft-hearted like him. The quick plea from the boy was immediately snuffed out.

Between clenched teeth hung the limp neck of the once breathing, nameless lad that Eldra had brought him; and under his paw, a concave crater where he had planned to break some ribs earlier. Twisting his body with Sam's throat still in his jaws, he turned as Bramble screamed, taking Sam's neck with him and twisting it in unnatural ways. Bones protruding as if extra vertebrae were added, elongating the limp noodle of a neck.

Then there it was, she was off. Fleeing, ignoring the pain in her leg which would only cause further injury to her broken limb. He wasn't too concerned with her running off - it was Eldra who immediately took chase that had him drop the dead meat. Leaving it to thud with a wet slap against the ground, lifeless, and still warm.

“Get off.” He ordered, displeased with the over-the-top takedown Eldra had decided to take on their only healer. “Was that absolutely necessary?” He barks while approaching, aiming to invade her space and push Eldra of and away from the ashen female, if anything, he'd stand protectively over her. A cage made of his own body. “Learn to control yourself. Unlike your pathetic parcel, this one is our only healer.” A growl rolls from his lips.
^^

+1 Points

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
03-28-2021, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2021, 10:04 AM by Keoni. Edited 2 times in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Graphic Violence
  • Death
She can only see the sickening ways in which the man's body twists, her throat grows tight and she can not breath again, blackspots in her vision. Some force collides with her hindquarters, an audible thing armed with fangs that sends her careening forward, stumbling over her ruined forelimb. They clamp down around her femur, and she is just as quickly pulled backward before she finds herself pinned beneath the woman, the lower end of her forelimb swollen and throbbing, her hind limb suddenly weak and heavy. And then the murderer is there, barking orders that sound as if they are coming from the surface of the deep pool she lies at the bottom of, filtered through water and space. The water is crushing, the pressure infinite, she —

—she made it outside before her throat started to close, and it got hard, suddenly, to draw air into her greedy lungs. Fear made the situation all the worst, had her crash into the snow as her face streamed with blurred tears and her maw fell open in rattling breath, the brightness of sun upon snow suddenly blinding, until the tiny bit of fog that resulted from exhaled breath faded into —

But Keoni doesn't die this time, though she wonders, as she closes her eyes, if it might have been better that way.

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 06:57 AM
A snarl is on her lips as the ashen female goes down, but immediately at Vengeance's order and reprimands, she shies away from Bramble with flat ears and a tucked tail.

I can't do anything right...She thinks sadly, instead backing off pretty decently and sitting down with hunched shoulders as she stared at the ground.
She wasn't pouting, just bracing for whatever else might come with any possible punishments her Warlord may give after he was done doing whatever he was doing with their healer. 

There was no excuse. So she didn't offer one.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-29-2021, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:51 PM by Aso. Edited 3 times in total.)
Power Play allowed by Eldra and Bramble's player to close out thread!

^^
Furious eyes look down at their precious little healer, normally the sight of blood and carnage would fill him with joy - but this, this was careless and reckless. Injured beyond her abilities, now they had to heal their medic before she could do anything for any of them. Hackles raised along his spine, poking out in every angle in oily clumps as he turns to cast his outrage on the pale woman.

He had no time to deal with her right now. There were more pressing matters to attend to unfortunately for him. “Get out of my sight, I will deal with you later.” Thunderous vocals vibrated in his throat, threatening immediate violence if she did not move her ass right away. A flash of stained ivories flashed across his face as blackened lips lifted its veil to reveal the recently used murder weapons.

And she did. The pale giantess slunk away and once the Warlord could no longer see her in the mist, and after a brief pause to make sure of it... he turned to focus on the now-injured healer... what were they do to with this? For now he would wait, resting his body against hers while laying down next to her to keep her warm with his body, to assist in fighting off the shock. Once she would be capable to walk, even if it was with some assistance, they would find a burrow for her to use.
^^

+2 Points

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top