Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
tasting my sorrow and teaching me lessons,

Afternoon
Group Only
Paladin
10-28-2022, 12:19 AM
Aries was no fool — she knew the complications of wars, the battles and the deaths. She was once royalty, a Princess in name alone, but was far too young to even remember much of that time, as the Kingdom that was built by her father's reign had been burned to ashes by the rebellion. She knew not what happened to it, and most likely never will. Whether the Kingdom rebuilt or was forever in ruins.. Her mother ran before seeing its end, determined to see her children live.

But ever since then, she has lived in peace. Hearing now of the turmoils that crossed this land, it was hard to make of it. A pack who killed a yearling on the basis of defense? A pack who attempted an assassination on a tiger, for similar reasons? Nothing was black and white, and there was no true villian in these times that complicated everything tenfold. When she closed her eyes, sometimes Aries could remember the faint screaming of the nobles, something she could see death before her dreams.. But would she see that come to a true reality? She didn't know. Time would tell, as Olive was away to tend to so.

Aries saw @Tiberius in the distance, who remained behind in the vale. She sat beside him, a mellowed mood fell before her, "what do you think will happen?" did the snow-mistress as the Chief, as she wondered whether he thought of it all. What will they do if a party does not deem the judgement fair? What will happen if they bare their fangs onto the court? What side will be chosen or — just what, will happen. There was too many inconsistencies that only Aries heard, even she couldn't say a side could be well-chosen.. 

She wanted to know what was his plans — what would be Duskguards plans?

the staff team luvs u
11-01-2022, 07:55 PM
^^

He didn't like any of his Duskguardians being so far from, not when it came to something as important and uncontrollable as the council. He knew that Kuhn and Soledad would do their best to ensure the safety of themselves, Olive and Dalmatia but it was hard for him to relinquish the role to them. He was the protector, the Chief, the one who was responsible for the wellbeing of his men and women yet he had to remain here. It wasn't as if he was useless here, as those who remained in Duskguard were still his responsibility and he would do anything to ensure their safety but it was hard for him to be away from those pieces of his heart.

Especially when he didn't know what was going on.

He sat, watching in the Vale and not too long after was he approached and joined by Aries, a question on her tongue. Tiberius dipped his head to her in greeting as he ran his tongue along his teeth in thought. He didn't desire to worry her yet he was beginning to see Aries as someone he could trust. She had been trustworthy since her arrival within the Vale and she was, in plain terms, a good woman. It was himself who got in the way when good opportunities showed themselves.

"Ain't no way ta predict," the titan rumbled as he rolled his shoulders, muscles taut with worry. "Northfall see only a side where they lost a kid," the titan commented, "grief clouds judgement. Even if there is more ta tha story than just assumed mindless killin', I aint seein' them seeing it." Tiberius could understand their rage, a child of theirs had been killed and as a parent it was ones greatest worry and fear. Yet he knew of Vendrussel's side too, their blossoming friendship and respect for each other allowing him the knowledge. Tiberius sighed as he glanced to the trees, "Vendrussel was just a girl when it 'appened, months older than tha girl lost. Shit is fucked up an' there ain't no easy outcome." Tiberius wanted to believe they would come to an accord that would see them all as accepting justice had been dealt.

But...

He doubted it. He worried for his friend, selfishly and he worried for the future of the North. Tiberius only hoped that the one Ragnar chose to represent his Pack was one who wasn't quick to anger. He knew, though, that should any of his Duskguardian's come to harm, he would wage a war all of his own. The council was a place not accepting of violence, it was a place of politics and minds. Should tooth and claw come to the mix, they would see his own. He hoped after @Valeska's own wellbeing too.

"Life rarely throws yer a bone," he rumbled as he glanced down at the elegant woman, "wha' d'yer think on it, Aries?" Tiberius inquired lowly, curious. ^^

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
11-01-2022, 11:54 PM
Her gaze naturally fell to the direction of where the court was being held. It was not an unfamiliar subject and her own land held such turmoil's when it came to troubles. Although that was usually an inward act, she could not remember well if the pack had formed a such more alliance to the packs, the formation of what this land currently has — a court, a jury, a judge, but all the packs to see, not just their own quarters. Part of her so desired to see the process and know the bouts, but the entire vale could not be swept into it — so the Chief, and many more stayed behind within it's due protection. As she thought of it, her tail tucked around herself. She placed her paw ontop of the plush, like a sheltering from the cold ground.

"Are you on the side of Dragonford, then?" The life of so was complicated: she could not imagine that the woman named Vendrussel was such a war-mongrel if the packs were willing to make a court ; and she especially was willing to join so. But there was some hesitation for a sea-wolf that Aries had never met. She couldn't say if they were kind or not, whether the actions were purposeful or a hastful decision in regret. She met many wolves who were like so, were the past would always chase them for actions of in the moment. The younger they were, the more brutal it affected them. Was it weighing on her head? Was she regretting it so and repenting?

Aries met Ragnar, once. She didn't have a strong opinion of him one way or another, he seemed an alright man. It was hard to imagine he was so war-hungry, but it was also.. Understandable for the revenge of a daughter. She only heard so much, the complications of so and the assumed venturing beyond — it was sad, all around. 

"I don't know," the snow-kissed maiden said, "it's hard to say when I don't know everything around it. Was it justified? Was it haste? Was it the recklessness of the leaders? Or was it her own fault, that fate led this to her? But even then, should one be so cruel to life?" So many factors to consider and much that neither of them will hear in this due time.. She could not take a side, in the end.

"What matters is though, will they accept the outcome?"

the staff team luvs u
11-29-2022, 10:07 PM
^^

Was he on the side of Dragonford?

Tiberius tilted his head slightly as he thought on it. As a man, a friend, he sought life for Vendrussel. As a Chieftain, he had to remain impartial. "I ain't on any sides," he rumbled, "as Chieftain o'Duskguard, it ain't m'job to take sides. I gitta look at every angle an' do wha's best." He hated this part of the role he had willingly shouldered, finding that it would be easier when it was someone that he hadn't grown to care for. "As just Tiberius... I worry fer m'friend," the titan revealed to her quietly, finding that he was able to divulge to Aries as they sat in each others company. She too was someone that he had started to care for, growing fond of the elegant woman.

He listened and he felt the way his jaw twitched as he grit his teeth and chewed at his tongue in thought. He had heard of Vendrussel's side and to be in truth, Tiberius was a believer in actions having consequences. If a yearling who would know better kept being a little shit and starting fights, he would return their energy. Would he kill them, he wondered? It was hard to say, wasn't it, when you weren't the one it had happened to. Though he had killed for trespassing in the past, hadn't he? He suffered a sigh as he lifted a hind leg to scratch at his shoulder, his ears pricking to her next question.

"Would yer accept it, if it were me? If tha council demanded m''ead?" Tiberius posed the question to her, looking to see what stance she might take if she were in the position that Vendrussel's pack were, the possible end of their leader. "Would yer accept it if tha council told yer tha' yer daugh'er started tha shit an' she git tha consequences o'er choices?" He was interested, certainly, and it wasn't said with any heat but curiosity. She had a curious mind and he wanted to pick at it. ^^

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
12-10-2022, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 06:45 PM by Ari.)
She listened and sympathize. It was hard to be in something when you are friends with another ; and what was worse the friend was the offense of this court altogether. She couldn't imagine the pain, and truth.. "I don't know," she shook her head, looking at him with a strained smile. It'd had been so much easier if there was a straight party that was shown to be evil ; but she trusted her Chief's judgement, if he was friends with one who was the killer, was she truly so heinous as the picture presented? Was it all just a misunderstanding..? But even then, the truth remained ; someone had died. The actions of herself, but was the actions justified? Enough where the Dragon deserved to die from it?

"I don't think I could be strong enough to see my friend, or my daughter suffer. It's not black and white. No one deserves death.. But I am afraid of the aftermath. The actions of those around. Does the tundra deserve to suffer? To be pulled through if a party is not satisfied? That is where I believe is the true enigma of who holds strong." She was unaware of what occurrences happened to the between of Northfall and Dragonford. The only information she knew was a child had died in the mix, an arrogant one, but the sound of Tiberius, and it grimaced to think to letting one go free so close with a strained pack.

But she didn't deserve to die.

However.. Aries wondered, she truly hoped, that no one else was brought into it. Was there fights? Everyone knew, and everyone heard, but who in the end was hurt alongside of the two groups?

"The life of a wolf is never fair. Righteous to another, unfair to one.. How can either side be wrong?" And she shook her head.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top