Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
pull up a chair

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
Elkshire
Visionary
10-25-2022, 04:58 AM
ooc; a few days after his acceptance into elkshire

Some would say the High Elk demanded he is here. Godbrand did not question it, for what mortal questioned a god? He was merely a mortal playing piece, part of a grander scheme if he was lucky. One could not know what a god's plan was without going mad anyway. He fancied himself to remain sane for a long time.

Only knowing Princess Edith, Prince Warwick, and Queen Celnes by name, the newly minted member of the pack began to roam and learn. While not part of Greenwood anymore, he did wish them well. All of them. His time there in the druid pack would be looked back on fondly, but he was onto more in Elkshire. Bran moved through the woodlands.

He made plans to patrol and hunt, as well as seek out a devout member of the High Elk. He sought to learn more, to be a proper skald... But that could come later. He first would familiarize himself with the territory. And so, he walked alone for now.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 9499574_uiTsbKbAofAwJY7.png]
STANDING AT THE GATES OF HELL
STILL WANTING MORE MORE MORE
Adventurer
10-26-2022, 02:44 AM

what better way to get into groove like giving myself more threads <3

she walked alone in the afterglow too.

spent, feeling slighted, her night terrors flaring up again as if to challenge her near secularity. she swallowed, pressing the bone-dry top of her mouth. she was picking her way towards the nearest source of water from her den before she met godbrand in the middle.

"oh—" she muttered, the volume not catching up to her senses. "... hello."

she approached more of interactions more gingerly now for a multitude of reasons, but she wasn't shy of her usual ( man-repellant ) "charm."

the staff team luvs u
10-26-2022, 07:39 PM
"Good afternoon" he replied, not at all bothered by her 'shock' of seeing him. Bran paused between, though would add "my lady." Elkshire wore kingdom-like vibes, so it was only natural to add honorifics that copied that mindset. True, she was a girl compared to him but 'girl' seemed rude. He was attempting to make a good impression on his new community.

His silence only stretched so far. The man started up again, unwilling to let the quiet remain. Unless it was an easy silence. This girl smelt of Elkshire, but she also smelt of Queen Celnes. It stood to reason, by logic alone, she was a princess too. "My name is Godbrand" he said in his deep baritone "I have just been accepted into Elkshire. Though you may call me Bran."

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 9499574_uiTsbKbAofAwJY7.png]
STANDING AT THE GATES OF HELL
STILL WANTING MORE MORE MORE
scroll to top