Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Underneath and inside just to come around

Morning Drizzle/Rain
P
Visionary
10-21-2022, 06:26 PM
@Flora

A vast ocean lay before the devil with it's hands extending in temptation, its fog rolling in across the dull sands like an invasion of the shadow people. A cold sea breeze tussled his unruly mane, his haunches planted to the damp beach. A lone soul amongst the silence of the morning, frozen in time in a place it was unaccustomed. Purgatory, wandering in limbo. 

It had been a week since his arrival to this new world and the bitterness had yet to simmer away. Venom sat, laced to his tongue by silken thread. 

What had he done to be so disapproved by his gods? To earn such a place in this new hell.

His sons, he'd left them behind at the devil's gate. Cinder, she would hate him so. 

The leviathan continued to listen to the waves collide with this new earth, a light drizzle dusting his coat. He did not pay it mind. To have spawned beside the ocean, surrounded by pine needles and cliffs - truly it was a fate worse than death. The gods had deceived him, he was meant to be the chosen son. The demi-god of the isle. Stoicness plagued him then, while internally he foamed at the mouth and wanted to spit on this new hell.

Claws lightly fondled the sands beneath his pads, his tongue flicking out to lightly dance across his bi-coloured maw. 

Not all was lost, he would tell himself. He had the ocean after all. He had his sanity (or what was left of it).

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-21-2022, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 06:53 PM by Flora. Edited 2 times in total.)
Wet… the auburn lady was almost sodden from the tears of Poseidon himself, her coat felt heavy as she'd ventured towards an unfamiliar shoreline - her paws leaving imprints as she walked. The god wept, but why? Had something unsettled him so? She huffed, eyes averting upwards only for her to close them as she attempted to enjoy the somewhat refreshing sensation that tingled upon her snout.

She was still new the lands of Canis, her arrival hadn’t been the most welcoming, and the last she remembered, she was dreaming – no, not dreaming. It was a nightmare, repetition played within her mind, her past toying with her, haunt almost but she couldn’t quite remember the whole story. For a moment she was happy, the next? She was running into the abyss of the unknown and then? That’s when it struck her, and she woke into Canis’s unfamiliar realm.

Flora was alone, but not by choice. She’d sworn an oath to herself that one day she’d be reunited with whatever family she had, though she doubted the outcome due to her loss of memory. She’d come across a small sandy beach, ears readjusted themselves against her crown as she listened to the waves crashing against the shaded rocks embedded within the shore, and for a moment she felt a sense of relief to have found such a place – for she loved the sea.

She’d turn east watching as the sea expanded itself across the horizon, the sun was aligned almost perfectly in the sky, and her golden eyes averted themselves downwards, she’d blink, coming to the realisation that here, she was not alone. Within the distance stood a shaded figure – a figure of masculinity, his eyes beamed outwards towards the sea as if waiting for something. She’d watch him, from a distance, though he’d no doubt smell her soon enough for the winds traversed themselves through her lengthy coat, in the direction of the stranger. She did not speak, no. She just stood there, eyes glaring towards him.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-21-2022, 07:38 PM

King Carl really chose chaos today :'D

Like a statue from the lost city of Atlantis, Taurus remained still, open to Poseidon's wrath. Even Eurus had come to aide in the assault, the easterly wind strengthening with a gust that cut to his skin. His jaw ticked, flexing to the chill that went down his spine. At some point he would stop sulking, throwing this tantrum at the figures in the sky. It wouldn't be long before he caught a chill with this kind of behaviour and that really would suck. He set his chin stubbornly until something made his eyes narrow, his nose twitching like that of a rabbits; or a very hungry cougar. Slitted eyes watched the horizon before he could place which side the scent was wafting from.

It was behind him, the sea serpent was sure but which side...

His right.

"There you are," his voice almost purred, a soft smile pulling at his blackened lips. 

His head turned, casting his turquoise gaze over a crimson shoulder as he stared into the abyss of fog. A shadow danced there, feminine, though not quite the behemoth's he was used to. What was Cinder's height? He couldn't even remotely remember. It was as if the past was disappearing into the fog the longer Taurus' conscious remained awake. Though he couldn't make much out of the figure behind him, he made no move to get up and close the gap. He wasn't all that interested and that effort was reserved for only those that piqued his interest. 

But... Why was she just standing there? Was she death of legs?

"My love, if you're here to take me to hell, I'm already there." he sung softly, turning his attention back to the ocean with a bittersweet smile. He almost welcome the spirit to his side, wishing it to make an attempt on his life so he could only cheat it again.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-21-2022, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 08:16 PM by Flora. Edited 4 times in total.)
As the fog descended upon the two strangers, Flora quirked a brow towards the unfamiliar man ahead of her. She’d watched, and she’d waited, unsure of what was to come of this meeting. She’d place a paw forwards, slowly, though her fixation did not lift. There you are; he muttered as it took him a while to determine exactly where Flora was. Though soon enough his eyes met her own for a brief moment before he cascaded them towards the waters once more. She’d tilt her head the side trying to determine who the man was speaking to.

She’d scoff, scolding him mentally as he began to ramble on about Hell. Was he toying with her? Flora shook her head, disappointed at the male's lack of interest in her, but this was not something uncommon to her – it had happened once before. His very reaction proved to her just how stubborn and recluse some can be. With a quick swipe of her tail, she removed the remnants of sand that stuck to its underfur, flicking it in the direction of the stranger. You speak of Hell, like it’d be a blessing. Though Hades has not granted me the pleasure of redirecting you to his sanctuary. She growled; her expression shifted as her brows furrowed as if disappointed.

Another step forward was enough for her to observe the male’s features. He was a russet red colour, bulky and large, his underfur was darker than his flank, he also had areas where he was of a cream hue and his eyes were green, like that of an emerald. He’d be something to look at if not for his attitude. Hyperion, however, likes a watchful eye. She mused, purring almost; Still, she watched him, pressing forwards slowly before standing a few feet from him – she’d be sure to keep her distance from this one, for now. Tell me, what is it that you wait for so expectantly.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-21-2022, 08:30 PM
Her tongue was sharp, though it wasn't the jagged blades he was used to. It was not painful, but instead spoke with hope that tickled his ears. Hades was it? A brow quirked towards the waves, it was like his animatronics were beginning to grow intrigued, piece by piece of mechanics moving into place. So she was not working with the gods. 

This spirit was no Charon after all. 

"The underworld will not take me then? Oh what a shame." he rumbled with a low tone of sarcasm dripping from his venomous tongue. He was she he heard a growl in her voice, the spice of it caused his stomach to stir - to clench and roll over with excitement. Was this little rabbit offended by his simple existence already? The thought almost made the sinner to grin. Instead a small smirk lifted the opposite corner of his lips, the side furthest from her sight. 

He listened eagerly to her approach, her teasing lips speaking of fire and eyes. A titan he had not thought of in so long since he was so weak when exposed with such weather, such an element as aqua. 

"I'm sure Hyperion needs many to do his bidding when the mortal realm cries, water isn't quite his strong suit after all," he responded with a drawl, his expression once more growing weary. He was certain the gods were laughing at him. This woman, she had been watching him and now had the gaul to approach and ask him what he was doing? He couldn't help but chuckle lazily, the bubbling laugh warm to his ears and somewhat taunting. 

"Who is asking?" he wasn't one to give out secrets to just anyone.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-21-2022, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 08:53 PM by Flora. Edited 1 time in total.)
Uncanny, was all she’d begun to think of the man – though that is why Flora continued to pursue him. He interested her in a spiritual way. He'd spoke of the gods – though she couldn’t quite pinpoint exactly what he was trying to get at. I wouldn’t call it a shame; you seem mighty eager to be swept up and buried in the very earth you stand on; she mused. He was sarcastic, but he was almost mysterious – dark in a way but she did not fear him for the behemoth he’d tried to display.

Her expression was blank, her eyes inquisitive as she listened to the man's harsh words.Perhaps it’s the Call of the Sirens you seek…. She mused. Or are you bewitched? She cooed, a purr audible enough for the man to hear. She shook herself briskly, as the weight of the water upon her back was becoming uncomfortable, not caring that she may or may not splash the man in doing so. So, your familiar with the Gods? She questioned, brows relaxing as she both inhaled and exhaled deeply. What does a man such as yourself hope for on a day as dismal as this?

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-21-2022, 09:12 PM
His moods were like the tide and often changed. The woman was beginning to grate on his nerves. Perhaps it was that she didn't tell him who she was. Perhaps it was that she continued to try and delve into his mind. Mayhap this little rabbit was not so sweet after all. He could not see the dead soul within her eyes, nor did he plan to give her all of his attention in that moment. She could work for his praise after all. 

The gods had once blessed him, though now it was seeming like a curse. 

"Are you a siren?" he cooed, teasingly, turning the comment back to the woman behind him. It was brave of the man to keep his back to a stranger but he wasn't worried. Instead he was intrigued and yet so... bothered. Silence was a luxury he would not receive again for a while it would seem but so long as she stayed out of his business and kept droning on about his gods, Taurus found he likely wouldn't mind. 

Carefully, he laid out as vague a story as he could. To steer the topic off of his mind. 

"I ponder, if I were to cast myself into this ocean, would I regain my status just like Melicertes did?" although, Melicertes was actually a mortal and not the demi-god Taurus had once believed himself to be. It wasn't a stretch from the truth but Taurus had no plan of casting himself back into the oceanic depths he'd crawled from a week prior. He wasn't one for the winter seas and as autumn cast it's chill to the realm, he knew the waters would no longer welcome him with open arms.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-21-2022, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 09:32 PM by Flora.)
Is that why you dare not to look me in the eyes? She questioned. Was he stupid? Or just curious? His attitude would say otherwise. If its silence you wish for, then I’ll leave you be. You seem more aroused by your own mind, than you do the company of another. She spoke, softly almost as if whispering.

She wasn’t for fighting to gain this strangers interest, and even if he was the slightest bit intrigued by her, he sure had a way of showing it. She’d lick her lips, as a grumble within her stomach escaped. Pardon me, It appears I need to sate my hunger once more. She was all but ready to depart from the man, though something seemed to draw her that one step closer – his fragrance now disguised by the saltwater that lay thick on his red coat.

Flora manoeuvred herself around the man, so that he could see her in full form – not that he would take note. She stood idly, thinking on his words for a moment; Melicertes was cowardly, do you compare yourself to such a mouse? She was careful to use her words, though she wasn’t displaying any form of aggression towards him, just curiosity.

Flora’ she mused, introducing herself faintly. If there is one thing I've learnt, it's that you can never escape the demons.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-21-2022, 09:49 PM
Hunger... It was something he hadn't felt for many a time. He'd eaten once since he'd come to this land, though it was not like the meat from his home. This was more wild, gamey. Unwilling to jump into his jaws. He didn't have long to think on it before he found his head lifting curtly, a body drawing beneath his chin to draw his attention. He huffed, but his maw lifted into a challenging smirk. 

"Wanted me to look at you, did you Siren? Though I suppose you are prettier than a bird." he cocked a brow easily as his gravelly voice rumbled a low whisper in response to her actions. Seeing her within the veil between them was different, and though small, she wasn't tiny like a coyote. Her body was slim and fur an array of brunette caramels. He languidly dragged his gaze across her without shame before meeting her eyes with a 'and what?' gaze. Her iris' matched her body, they suited her. 

Her name was Flora. A name, finally! It almost lifted the grating annoyance he felt, but not completely.

"Tartarus." He couldn't help but lean into her slightly, whispering his name next to the soft cups of her ears. "Like I said, I'm already in hell, and I have no plan to escape." his lip lifted into a sneer but he leant back with a smirk. Dangerously he loomed as he began to rise to his imposing height. This woman, she spoke of the gods and the idle chatter had him responding to it. Perhaps instead of a siren, with her alluring voice, she was closer to Peitho. Her voice tempted him and yet had him fighting it all the same. Her presence not something he truly relish in, and yet he accepted her persistence. Almost gave into it. 

He took a few steps away from the woman as if she was too much to have too close. A temptation he refused to touch like a sweet smell filling his nose he could only pretend was rancid. 

"Come, it would seem I am also in need of a meal. Mayhap you would like to join me in a feast?"

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
Content Warning
10-21-2022, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 10:42 PM by Flora. Edited 5 times in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
Water lapped up the back of her frontal and back legs, which caused her to wince at the shock of the cold, and despite her best efforts at trying to hold back the shiver, she couldn’t. Siren; It insults me that you would compare me to such a creature. She’d shift uneasy as the waves of the shore became more jagged thus, she’d move from its shallows to stand aside of the wolf. She watched as he observed her, eyes averting to every inch of her frame. Pretty enough for you? She cooed, as if to stop his gaze from drifting beyond an instinctive desire.

I wouldn’t call this place Hell.. more of an ethereal place, though not quite a Heaven either. Perhaps this place is where choice is not given – instead it is gifted/gained almost, to those who earn it. The Underworld was not a place for Flora, though something loomed with the back of her mind – a darkness that she couldn’t quite figure out, a place where her memories would soon escape & show her true colours. It angered her that she had forgotten who she was before being awoken, but she’d surely learn of her past eventually.

A polite nod of her crown was enough to forward her acknowledgement of his name, Tartarus? Now who would bestow such a name like that? She mused, lacing his name with her charm. She was intrigued – they were speaking of God’s and she had come to learn that he was named after one. His resemblance didn’t match up to the Mythology that went with it. Flora did not see a man of Torment, Suffering or Wickedness in front of her. She wasn’t sure what she saw, or why she was so drawn to him, but it fed her curiosity like predator and prey. The man lowered his head towards her ears and as he whispered, she felt the warmth of his breath upon her, catching her off guard which caused a tingle within her chest followed by a feeling of unease - it cowered over her like a shadow.

The women watched as Tartarus moved himself away from the closeness of her. Not too fond, are we? She’d thought, taking mental note that he was not easily seduced. Or perhaps he was? Perhaps she aroused him in a paranormal way which caused him to quiver? She scoffed at her thoughts, before returning her gaze upon the russet wolf; Is that you asking for a Date? She’d muse, jokingly. Food sounds wonderful. Eyes averted themselves from the direction in which Flora had come to greet the man, If I’m not mistaken, I did pass some old tracks of what looked like a Boar? If we hurry, we may well catch the hearty specimen.

the staff team luvs u
10-21-2022, 10:50 PM
Happy to archive here and start a new thread!

"A very powerful man," he simply put, turning his attention to the direction the rabbit had come from. She'd mentioned boar right? Well, if they were seeking boar, he supposed they could head out now. It was only morning and he was sure they could be done by afternoon, bellies full and hunger sated. Physical hunger anyway. His mental hunger was a different game all together. 

The mountain of a man gestured for her to lead the way, but did not speak. If she knew where these boar tracks were, she better prove her usefulness to him and lead the way. That and he would get to stare at her voluptuous behind as they went.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top