Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

i kill my friends

Haldis
10-19-2022, 01:28 AM

Erebus was growing used to these leadership duties and activities. Defending the claim, allowing in outsiders who pledged their loyalty, leaving the slaughtered and picked through remains of old hunts at the borders- all as a sign that the Ripperwood was home to beasts. Viscous beasts who killed for fun. Who would just as easily hunt an invader as they hunt a doe.

Yet he could not be so possessive, no. On a routine bases, nearly every other day he would return to the Everfrost. Feeling roped in- tied here by inhuman binds. Like a demon took claim over his heart and soul. He knew what was best, but he couldn't deny himself the fire of the icy queen. So cold she burned, melted a heart of gold into a jealous beast. He wanted her to want him and no other- the fear that some other dashing servant of the moon would come waltzing in and steal her love from him.

What was he- to be so passionate for a woman? Very unlike him for, while he respected them, women were not something he easily felt belonged to him. Maybe a white slave woman, perhaps. Though that possession was one of law. And he never really enjoyed having them around anyway.

Yet this Sorina, this Lady Paramount, she practically held his balls in a coin purse. And so he did return. Like clockwork, back into the veil of snow and pine. Where he lingered around the Lady's quarters with the intention of catching her at some point. To throw his dashing cloak and flirtatious armor, at another chance of another night with her- to burn his soul so beautifully brazen.

He wondered if her subjects would come questioning him and his loyalties. Or what he was doing. Or why he only came back to see their queen. Or why he stood outside her quarters like some kind of belligerent, syphilitic beggar. Waiting for her, his only answer.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: tnbErYz.gif]
3 - 3 - 3
Combo Skill
Content Warning
10-21-2022, 01:45 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
Now, had someone asked Sorina months ago if she would allow Erebus' swayed loyalty to infiltrate Haldis... she would have sworn against it. Belittled and mocked. Scoffed, even But no, how the irony ran deep, now. But she had done this for a reason. A man so powerful; so righteous and clandestine, so dark and enthralling-she had him right where she wanted. He was hers for the taking, the plaything of her will. 

And whether this ran deeper than just carnal need... Sorina would not tell. Not yet. For she was enjoying this little game of theirs... perhaps a little too much.

Maybe, some would say that this was a cover up for the hole Rosencrantz had left. Perhaps, in a way it was. He had scorned her. Belittled her at their most vulnerable, and his bastard brother, too. But did this mean that she would change her ways? That she would become some broken, dainty wallflower for someone else to pick off? No. Sorina was powerful, she did not need the voices of lesser men. She would do as she pleased and what she wanted. 

For she was a Queen, within her own mighty castle.

And oh, just like clockwork; there he was. His burning gaze bright against the dimming, monochromatic backdrop of her den. The den mouth was decorated with dangling violet flowers, lavender and wildflowers from the Moors, with moss gave her Den a most alluring scent. And suited the dark pelt of Erebus wonderfully, as he sat. A silent sentinel. Darkness incarnate. At his very sight, anticipation grew within her stomach. "Erebus," Yet she would not show him this, no. She would greet him just like she always would; an exaggerated, slow descent upon him. Her walk suggestive, her tone, for now, professional. 

She would hum oh so innocently, nearing close enough so that she could turn and run her tail under his dark chin. "Welcome back."  She would croon, before walking into her den, without indication whether he should follow.

For he surely would, in this little game of theirs.

@Erebus
the staff team luvs u
[Image: dfeo71b-911a2cce-24b2-4a18-bbb4-e6a43b76...BhW7Iv8uLQ]
Erebus is allowed in any of Sorina’s threads.
10-27-2022, 08:45 PM

The man purred at the touch of her tail and the sound of her voice. Immediately standing, without a sign of hesitation, to follow her into her den. His nose sniffing at her heels try and gleam where she had been. Not that he would detest, only ever curious.
"My Lady.." He nodded a sort of curtsy to her. For he knew what he was, and the power he could yield but, in his current state, he was beneath her. She, even with an army small, still commanded one. Erebus commanded none at the moment.

"How it is ever such an enlivening feeling to hear you say my name." He smirked, orange gaze aimed for her own. To see those crisp lavender eyes to cool a fiery soul.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
Misc Skill
Content Warning
11-13-2022, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2022, 12:09 PM by Sorina.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
Oh it was glorious, to have a man wrapped around her paw. She could enthral him with a single look, excite him with a simple gesture… and make him melt at the slightest touch. It made her ego double in size, feed that selfish need to be adored.

But whether they were more than just friends with benefits… That was a question she did not quite want to admit, or know.

After @Rosencrantz , Sorina only wanted to use men for her own desires. She had no intentions of looking for anything more… but it was perhaps the way that Erebus was, his mystery, his darkness… his pride, it pulled her in and showed her a warmth she had never known. Their passions were a clash if ice and fire.

As they entered deeper into the confines of her den, Sorina turned swiftly to face him. She wasted no time closing the distance between them. All the while, adoring a soft smile, a delicate smirk that was anything but innocent. It is a pleasure to have a constant within my life. She mused, aiming to ghost her cold nose upon the side of his cheek, down to his neck. It was a faint trail. One enough just to give him something. However, she mused. Quickly withdrawing and stepping one paw backwards. I must question your motives when you leave. Her eyes met hers, where seduction and excitement lingered, only questions now remained.

@Erebus
the staff team luvs u
11-30-2022, 12:32 AM

And adore her he did.

Despite all he said to his mother in the woods, it was a play of the truth. Sure, his original intention may have been just that- use her and her power. Yet now, he couldn't imagine it. She was so strong yet gentle, course yet smooth, the Lady Paramount was all that the raven looked for in a woman. It was unfortunate that she fancied leading alone, for he would gladly put her at the top of his kingdom. He mourned the idea that she could be his bride of darkness.

There a growl that came up his throat at her touch, one of excitement and pleasure. It came to an abrupt stop when she stepped away, leaving him wanting more of her touch. There was a pained look in his eyes, such torture to be kept from her embrace.

The expression softened a bit and instead leaned towards curiosity. A curiosity that, underneath, felt like scrutiny. Was this it? Would she finally cast him out for his indecision? His paws prickled with anticipation.
"My motives? How do you mean?" A sort of feigned ignorance. He wanted her to lead him to the answer rather than the opposite, just in case there was still a way to convince her to keep him. Despite her little doggy running away, he always did come back, didn't he?

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
Content Warning
Combo Skill
12-04-2022, 02:57 PM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
Indeed, it was hard to keep herself away. To remain as if she were in control. There were moments where the mere rumble of his voice put her on edge. Moments where he have her exactly what she wanted and more. It was a delicious game they had. His touch left her desperate and hollow.

But of course, they could not live like this forever. She had a Kingdom to maintain. And who, really, was she? How could she become the ruler she wanted, without no Legitimate legacy? No… the Saxe-Salvatorè line would not end with her.

Candied eyes narrowed at his confusion. Erebus was a smart man, he was poised, elegant, refined. The perfect makings of a King-if ever she saw one. I mean… She began, lifting up her head to look down upon him. You leave. Then return a few weeks later. I have permitted your actuons up until now. But what else makes you wander? Was there someone else? Though she did not ask the question, she moved to place a tender trail of kisses down his neck.

Who else would give him this?

@Erebus
the staff team luvs u
12-22-2022, 07:16 PM

The man's head clearly bent down a little, he felt truly apologetic. He knew she would take notice eventually but, the actual moment in which she confronted him about it was different from how he originally imagined. The man hoped he would not feel such a rush of emotion. He intended to be calculated and strong, never wavering- political. Yet no, this woman had truly wormed her way into the furthest reaches of his heart.

His stomach churned.

There was a moment of hesitation, his tongue flicking on dead air as he collected the best words.
"I have died before." The flashes of memory, the violent killing. Recollections that he would rather remain silent, yet they echo even now. "And yet I am here." Truly a conundrum. Despite it all he lived. Though so clearly, he remembered the life leaving his own breath, here he stood.
"My goddess resurrected me for a purpose. I am torn between that purpose and you." 

The Raven had said sweet things before, ivory coated words dipped in aromatic honey. They left his lips like letters with doves and arrived on ears like feathers from a bedspread. Yet there was something deeper in his thoughts today, some particular level of sincerity that transcended his previous way of carrying his words. A genuine apologetic tone, though his orange embers looked up at her from the floor with the glint of infatuation and pure admiration.

He prayed the dark queen, of ebony and ice, would not smite him for this indecision.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
12-22-2022, 10:42 PM
He was sorry. Dark crown dipped and yet he did not cower. He simply hung his head in shame. This was a refreshing sight. Many a male simply mocked her for enjoying herself. Sexist remarks, belittling her. Yet not him. He stroked her ego, worshiped her, almost. It was a welcome change.

And he seemed to be all for it.

Yet there was feeling there- a tenderness that made the excitement between them fade and for Sorina to listen. Dark ears perked as she sat. Simply sat, poised and perfect. Curling her plush tail beside her.

Death. A funny concept-yet how at all possible? A brow quirked as he continued.

"My goddess resurrected me for a purpose. I am torn between that purpose and you."

Oh.

Bright eyes widened. Blinked. Once, twice. He…cared. Dark ears flickered and for once, she was speechless.

And.., She breathed. Struggling to comprehend, he had fallen for her. And she did not see. What is that… purpose? Her gaze softened, feeling as if leaning forward would break this bond. This moment. She could hear her heart thunder in her ears. Beating within her chest.

@Erebus
the staff team luvs u
12-23-2022, 03:14 AM

His answer hung on his tongue like a spider's web. Sticky and catching flies. All in the effort to answer perfectly, for such an answer would be many things.

The raven spoke simply, now.

"Power."

Such a single word had strength in and of itself. It felt to drop onto the floor like a thundering beast when it left his mouth. An intensity rang in his ears, a brief deafness as he remembered the sounds of his own wrath. The gutteral sounds that made his very eyes shake.

"Like a rabid beast, I thirst for it." Vampiric in that sense. Latching onto it in whatever way he could. Yet there was no sense of pride in his words, for such a craving never did him any good. He wished he could've been normal, in some sense. That this addiction and pure obsession with power would not lead him so. That his brother may still be alive.

His intensity died then, and his orange eyes faltered from their stare. They fell off of her and onto the floor just next to her. Was he even worthy enough to stare at her perfection in such a way? Though seconds away from such beauty made his heart ache, and he longed for that icy cold touch.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
12-24-2022, 03:21 PM
For OOC purposes, this is set a few weeks after thread with Rosencrantz.

One word. One word that unlocked something primal within the Lady Paramount. For a moment, she was not a Queen. For a moment, she was simply an observer to the dark malice unlocked. The intensity in his gaze was enough to send shivers down her spine. Enough to send a flurry of fire though her cheeks and icy torn heart.

Power. oh how that sung a song to her core. Slowly, she rose as if she were a spectre in the night. Crawling closer. For a moment, the wounds from her horrific fight from @Rosencrantz did not seem to hurt as much. Drawn in by his aura, the intoxicating darkness. He thirsted for it and just like that, Sorina’s mind collapsed, driven by only the emotions that bubbled to the surface.

She had never wanted a man so badly.

As he cast his gaze to the terrain below, Sorina moved her muzzle under his chin, lifting his head up in an effectionate, breathless nuzzle. You could have that here… with me. Dark ears pinned to her skull as she trailed her cold nose down his throat; teeth so close to the sensitive part of his jugular..

Together, we would be unstoppable. Her voice deepend to a smooth, silky octave.

@ "Erebus"
the staff team luvs u
12-24-2022, 08:09 PM

A look of surprised painted the shadow's face. There was no hatred or disappointment. She did not look ready to kick him out, call him a piece of shit, or even kill him. The Queen looked pleased- more than pleased. He felt a warmth come over him, over his cheeks and loins- the very blood that wrapped around his bones. She looked at him with a fiery and passionate desire.

The prince looked confused. "You do not hate me?" Everyone else had. Seen him as selfish and cruel- a beast that needed to be put down. Yet not she.

A purr of a growl rolled up his throat at her touch. A tickling shiver running up his spine. He wanted to open his jaws and swallow her whole, to have her only to himself alone. A creeping obsession with possessing her beginning in the back of his mind. That this beautiful aspect of the goddess above would be his to cherish and his alone. The beast's blood boiled with wanting.

Rule with her he could. Such strength they would possess. The kind of strength- the kind of power that could move mountains or pave rivers. And they complimented each other so well. Sorina was cool and calculated, diplomatic in every way she was venomous. Erebus was hot and wrathful, ready to tear down whatever stood in his way. She was right. They would be unstoppable.

The man thought of his mother, briefly. Was it betrayal to say one thing yet do another, even if the end goal was mutually desired? What she did not know wouldn't hurt her, right? Guilt pooled in his stomach, yet not enough to make him sick. He will ignore it for now, such problems can be dealt with later. Right now, Sorina was all the man was worried with.

Erebus allowed her so very close to his throat for a bit before he tilted his head down to speak into her ear.

"I will be your beast."

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
Content Warning
12-27-2022, 11:01 PM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
"You do not hate me?

How could she? He was darkness, chaos incarnate. The perfect blend of danger and perfection. The perfect concoction to draw her in. With a smouldering gaze and blazing heart, he was everything Sorina wanted in a man. Everything she desired."I could never. Unless you mean to betray me, of course." Which, by his doting gaze she doubted and indeed, he had always returned to her.

But whether he would prove to be efficient in leading, in contributing towards Haldis had yet to be seen.

And yet there was a crackle in the atmosphere, a delightful rumble purred from his throat and with the right buttons, he melted under her touch. Oh, she had found exactly where to entice him, to press those points to glean the perfect response. His growl made her heart thunder within her chest and fire to flicker within her stomach. Both equal in wanting. Both fire and ice clashing in ways unseen. Such unholy darkness and chaos, such ambition and lust. 

Together, they could either break the world. Or make it anew. 

I will be your beast. 

Unlocking something unholy within Sorina, she responded with her own, but it was not a guttural growl, no. More of a pleading whine. Just as she knew where to press, he knew exactly what to say. Every part of her ached-from head to tail. For him. And as their gazes met, her mouth became dry. "Then make me yours." She crooned with the twisted smirk. "Take me, beast."

-End thread here?-
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
12-28-2022, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2022, 12:43 AM by Erebus. Edited 2 times in total.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality

The waves of their element roared up around them. A sort of cold that chilled the air, yet the kind of heat that brought he man to a near pant. Like lycanthropy, a wolf to his moon- a moth to a flame- he couldn't help but near her eyes and embrace her. Her whining like sirens' calls, he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on-end and the beasty nature within only strengthen.

He hadn't heard such a noise from her before. It turned and broiled something inside his heart that could only be akin to that of tugging chains or tightening ropes. His ears twitched at the sound but, could not turn away from it. The raven dove further into her, embracing her ever-cold fur like a savage animal. Seeking and searching for the sound again, as if hearing it was water to a dying man. Just one more sip.

If she killed him now, in this state of beastly vulnerability- a wild animal caught in her snare- he would not complain. His throat and unders exposed to her, completely out in the open. A certainly freeing death, a death no man could ever ask more of. To die at the hands of such a goddess on the Earth, it would be a blessing rather than a curse. 

-fade

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
scroll to top