Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Some winter sun could make a world of difference

Discovery
Formation
10-16-2022, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2022, 03:03 AM by Sabah. Edited 4 times in total.)
A few assumptions made here. Tagging Wrath for reference.

Oh, what fun @Wrath had been. But unfortunately, the wry man would get her nowhere. With what information she was given regarding the mountain territory, Sabah set onward. 

Through the day, she trekked cautiously through the land he'd called cloudrest. The gargantuan woman had never heard of such a place, but strangely enough, she trusted the man's words.

She had been told to seek @Aruna, a woman supposedly forming some pack here. So, with her curiosity in tow, Sabah searched for the wolf she had been directed to with high hopes that something good would come from her run in with the egotistical brute.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
10-17-2022, 02:10 AM
The sun glowed against lain snow, a pale-tipped tail pushing fresh snow from the stone's surface. Wrath had informed her of a she-wolf, Sabah. The tan woman was seen lingering on Stormrift’s borders in search of refuge; Cloudrest would provide.

Climbing the steppe stones to her throne seat, Aruna observed the distant herds that shifted in the valley until Sabah came into view.

”You must be Sabah. Welcome to Cloudrest.” She feigned, peering down at the canine.

the staff team luvs u

10-17-2022, 03:02 AM
When the woman spoke down to her, she was immediately relieved. This meant she would have less to tell of herself.

“So, he speaks of me.” Wrath; though the woman could likely discern by whom she meant.

“You are correct.” If then the man had been telling the truth, this woman was in fact Aruna. No need to ask, then.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
10-17-2022, 11:56 PM
The woman stared as anxiety oozed from the loner, dispersing in her presence. She was a bear-ish character, large and heavy in build. A rarity, to some. "Indeed."

Cocking her head to the side, Aruna raised her brows with curiosity. "I'm told you seek refuge in Stormrift?" Perhaps she wasn't a religious type, but something must've drawn her here. "I understand Wrath found you within our territory. What brings you here?"

the staff team luvs u

11-02-2022, 12:12 AM
“I do, yes.” Where else could she go, but here?

“Though none can ever be sure, it is my belief that the elder spirits have led me for a greater purpose. I have wandered alone for more than a year... The time has come for me to settle, I think.” But if it were here she did so, Stormrift need not be a stranger. “Wrath mentioned this place — Stormrift — but he did not tell me much else. May I know more of what it will be?”

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
Formation
11-02-2022, 12:34 AM
The tri-color woman spoke briefly of her intentions and confirmed her desire to align herself with Stormrift. "I have no doubt they brought you here for a reason, my dear." Aruna agreed, gaze soft against hers. Sabah wanted information, but where would she start? Their culture, religion, values? "Very well."

"Building itself on an ancient lineage, Stormrift was founded by the wolves of House Brehn, known for their centuries of rule over the kingdom. Inventing their own culture, Stormriftian's view the stars as permanent threads that tether the living to the dead, the dapples of light across the midnight sky as deceased companions watching over us." 
She explained, eyes glinting toward the heavens. The queen could go into depth on her families and pack's origins, but that was for another time.

Blue eyes returning to the she-wolf, she continued, "We hold various events in which we celebrate the stars, winter, and our gods. Though we're not particularly trusting, we welcome our allies to join us."

the staff team luvs u

11-02-2022, 03:19 AM
So they both had similar thoughts of the spirits. Perhaps then it was true, that Sabah was meant to be here and nowhere else. What could be more of an evident sign?

When the sandy colored woman asked of the history and purpose behind Stormrift, the lady Aruna was more than obliged. She spoke of their lineage, then of the culture and stars that brought life and death together as one. It was an interesting thing to learn of, truly. Maybe soon she could plea for more.

“While I'm sure there is still much to learn of this land and its people, I believe it is more than a fitting place for me. If you will have me, I am yours.” And with this oath, Sabah bowed her head low, hoping for eager acceptance. 

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top