Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
there are things worse than death

Midnight Partly Cloudy
P
10-05-2022, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 09:09 PM by Elenora. Edited 1 time in total.)
backdated to the evening returning from the demonia incident.

The trip back had been silent. Which was more than what Elenora could have hoped for. Once they were set free, Elenora ran the way home with Thelma in her maw, tears flying across her cheeks as the wind blew in her face. When returning home, Elenora was silent, helping Thelma to bed. She stayed by her side until sleep took her. They would talk about it tomorrow, Elenora had promised. But for now, the child needed sleep. And once she was, Nora stepped outside of the den, far enough to call for @Kore, but close enough to where she could see if a little white and brown creature was sticking her head out. 

She stood there, underneath the stars, with her head dropped like she'd lost a crown, stripped of her pride. The woman's shoulders remained slouched and her eyes pointed at the ground, feeling the weight of today unload upon her. All she wanted to do was cry — as if she hadn't done enough of it on the way home. Her legs hadn't stopped shaking, not even now. She till had to tell all of this to Kore, and that was the scariest part. She was so loving, sweet, and kind — and the thought of disappointing her resonated with how she'd also failed at being a mother. Maybe she wasn't meant for such tenderness and only for failure. 

the staff team luvs u
elenora is transgender, male to female. so to strangers, she appears as a male.

[Image: ciLzP54.png]
10-05-2022, 09:26 PM
^^

The state in which she came to Elenora was not one that Kore liked. "Fawn," the little Queen called as she swept forward, serene features nearly twisting with the beginnings of concern.

She came quietly to Elenora's side, tentatively touching her nose to their soft shoulder. "Ye troubled," Kore murmured, giving way if Elenora wanted to tell her. ^^

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
10-05-2022, 09:35 PM

Softness calls from the side of her and the doe picked up her head, azure eyes gazing to where she stood. She looked gorgeous, dressed in moonlight and sunlight. Her beauty defied nature. Elenora relaxes at the sight and tries to smile at the pet name, but fell short. "Vixen..." She breathes her name like a lifeline. 

At the touch, she melted into the other, finding herself curving into her touch, placing her muzzle into Kore's neck, not caring if this was out of the blue, and just yearning for the touch of another, someone who would understand. Thelma was far too young to know what happened today. "Oh.." She hadn't even realized tears started to fall from her eyes again, sparkling by their moonlit surroundings before they diminished into the ground. "It was awful... Kore... Thelma was out playing and she.. crossed into Demonia's pack borders.. They aren't.. far from here and..." She felt choked up, "I-I almost lost her... I am so sorry. I hope... I-I.." She couldn't find the words. All that could be said were the soft hiccups coming from the fawn, slightly muffled in Kore's fur. 

the staff team luvs u

10-05-2022, 09:48 PM
^^

It took a matter of seconds for Elenora to melt, the charming nickname spoken like a breath and she tucked her head against Elenora as she buried her face into the voluminous fur of her neck. "Oh, sweetling," she breathed, brow furrowing as she listened.

Demonia. She had known a Pack had joined them in the Plains yet she had yet to venture to them, seeking to take to Greenwood matters first. They were of lesser nature, it seemed, having a horrible impression upon Elenora. "Ye okay, Fawn, I promise ye," she murmured softly, not fully knowing what had transpired but it wasn't hard to tell at the mention of Thelma and near loss that the Pack hadn't taken kindly to the ignorant innocence of a child. "Parenting is not easy, Fawn. Mistakes are made and lessons are learnt," the little Queen cooed, no one was a perfect parent when they had no practice.

Even still, to condemn a child. A first time parent. Kore felt it, the tug, the fury, the emotion so rarely clawing at the surface from where Kore kept it tucked away at bay. "Ye not hurt, Fawn? Ye or Thelma?" Kore whispered, seeking to look her over for anything her nose might have missed.

Tear filled eyes did not suit her. They didn't take away from her beauty but they didn't belong there in her gaze, standing in place of warmth and play. Kore condemned them. ^^

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
10-05-2022, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 10:16 PM by Elenora.)

Elenora craned her neck downwards to hide her face in the vixen's fur, inhaling the scent of sunflowers, roses, and wilderness. A scent that calmed the fawn, as if she were chewing chamomile. The woman had that effect on her — on everyone around her; she was a rock in place of a frothing sea. In the months that they'd been together, she'd already taught her so much. She finally felt safe, a touch only Kore could provide. 

The woman's head shook as Kore tried to comfort her. She should have known. Though she was completely new to this whole mother thing — her own mother hadn't been very kind, cruel even. And even worse when Nora made the mistake of telling her the inner secrets that filled her brain. Despite that, she should have kept a closer eye. "I just f-feel so stupid. I should have been better, told her sooner. I just didn't think she'd go running so far..." Kore didn't seem angry at her, not in the slightest. A tiny bit of the weight fluttered off her chest, but could not compare to the grief that overcame her. 

"No. Neither of us.. were hurt." If possible, her voice was even softer, eyes glittering as she glanced up, replaying Reign's words in her head. "Thelma is safe... That's all that matters..." She whispered, with little regard for herself right now. She deserved how she felt — didn't she? "Though she can never return near there.. The Queen promised she'd kill her if she did it again... Deliver h-her.. b-bod --" The sentence was left unfinished, maybe Kore could pick up the rest, but Nora could not. Her body raked with soft shivers, as if she was still under the poisonous gaze of the countess. "I sho-shouldn't be a m-mother. She alm-almost died." Terrified hiccups broke her sentences into fractions.

the staff team luvs u

10-05-2022, 10:32 PM
^^

If Elenora wished to squirrel away in her fur, then Kore would let her. In similar behaviour she inhaled, allowing Elenora's sweet scent to engulf her senses and allow her to remind her fury touched heart that she was home and well. No harm would come to her here, safe within the boundaries of Greenwood. 

Children were unpredictable in their nature and really, there was no blame upon Nora here -- especially when she was a mother to a completely different species. In some ways children were the same but they had no way of knowing if Skunks nature were the same or different to that of a wolf when it came to bringing up their children. Elenora's voice was watery with tears and emotions, Kore rubbing her chin against her fur in comfort.

Had she not felt fury before, she felt it then.

Elenora had been threatened with the body of her young. Thelma's life had been threatened, a promise delivered. Kore's mismatch gaze hardened as she hummed, "do not fret, Fawn. No harm will come to Thelma," she cooed. "Leave Demonia to me, hm?" The little Queen felt the manipulation claw from its hidden depths, drawing her to a conclusion that she knew she would need to start considering. Demonia's name would be ingrained in her mind, being placed neatly in the abolish column of her brain. 

"My mother was lovely," Kore cooed, "dedicated to her family as much as her craft." She revealed, "despite her brilliance, my brother still murdered me. Nothing my mother could have done could have prevented it, see," she hadn't told anyone of that, how she had come to these strange lands. The betrayal of her blood. "Ye doing ye best, Fawn. Life is not always easy, today ye and Thelma learned a lesson. Not one that should have been taught the way it had," bitingly it left her, bitter at the way they had been treated. "Ye put ye life on the line to go for her. To protect her. As any good mother would," the little Queen swore softly, feverishly, melodic voice touched with iron.

"Any child would be lucky to have ye at their side, loving and protecting them. This I promise you." ^^

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
10-05-2022, 11:03 PM

The cold breeze that passed them would have forced Nora closer, but they could get no nearer lest they curl up on top of one another. Elenora had not truly felt the weight of being a parent on her, not until today. Before, she could be careful and teach her as she pleased, schooling her at a leisurely pace. But now, she was awoken by the reality that laid beyond Greenwood's walls. Now, she just wanted to stay here forever and be safe with Kore. 

She only let herself break because she was unsure if she could hold herself up much longer. It'd been such a long day -- emotions whirling in her body like a ship in a storm. And there had not been time to properly analyze each piece of what had happened. The words that Reign spoke haunted her, and would continue to throughout the coming nights. Nora felt the comforting touch of Kore's chin rubbing up and down against her fur. She took deep breaths as she tried to collect herself. She hadn't unloaded in forever... Nora hadn't needed to. Everything has been so great. 

The female nodded into Kore's fur as she told her not to worry about Thelma. She was safe. And just to make sure, the distraught mother lifted her head and glanced back to the den, — nothing had moved or seemed out of place. Her attention was quickly taken back to Kore in front of her as she murmured to leave Demonia to her. A fear pressed against her throat. "Vixen, no. I-It's okay. We're safe, aren't we? I.. What if something happened to you? No. I couldn't bear it." She whispered, as if even the thought granted unto the universe would confirm further that Kore would go to their terrible borders. Elenora reached out and nosed at her cheek, rubbing her cheek past Kore's own. "Please." Her eyes tightened shut.

Kore's murmurings brought Nora's maw back, baby blue eyes softening when they find her evergreens, always shining even in the dark. A lighthouse among shadows. Every word the doe took, watching them fall from Kore's lips, telling her how kind her mother had been — and yet she could not stop the own tragedy of losing her own daughter. The thought of it was felt throughout Nora's body and she ached for Kore's mother in the same way she ached this morning. And the tears that had stopped seconds ago were back, but filled with tenderness and warmth as Kore comforted her, hearing the words she needed in that very moment. The woman shoved herself back into the other and squeezed her in a hug. "Thank you Kore... Thank you.. And... Goodness... Your brother..." She leaned back, letting their eyes meet. "He sounds like my own brothers too... And the rest of my family... I wish your mother was around to see you.. I'm sure she'd be s-so proud.." She felt a tug in her heart for the future, hoping Thelma would turn out as well-rounded as Kore had. 

the staff team luvs u

10-08-2022, 11:24 PM
^^

Elenora practically begged her to leave Demonia be, whispering that she was fine and that was that. She hummed softly, leaning into her nuzzle, rubbing her cheek back. She had no plans to go marching to Demonia and lay down her fury; oh no. Kore was invested in playing the long game, especially for this. She was no fighter, delicate in frame and not skilled in battle. To go forward with bold aggression would get her nowhere. Kore's best weapon was her mind and hopefully, she might be able to forge together the Circle. Her most skilled assets for the darker needs, the ones she would cultivate with love. Elenora had been threatened, her child threatened -- by extension, Demonia had threatened Greenwood.

it was a threat she would not forget, no matter the pleading. Even if it came from the lovely Fawn.

"be settled, my love," Kore cooed softly, running her nose along Elenora's cheek as her tongue came to swipe along the soft fur. "Consider it put behind," it wasn't a lie, for the moment it was. Kore hadn't the resources to do anything about the threat yet. In the future... well, she would revisit.

She was squeezed in a hug and Kore returned it, melting against Elenora easily. "The rest of ye family," she mused softly, "ye family is Greenwood now, Fawn. We will reinvent what family means for ye." Within the safety of Greenwood, no one would cause them harm. Not if Kore had any say in it; the stars foretold of walls and hardships most certainly. "Oh, ye are sweet, my love," she giggled softly as she lowered herself to her belly, nudging Nora to join her. "Will ye lay with me, just for a little while? Perhaps we might take in the peace of the night," she desired not to leave Elenora quite yet, seeking to calm her further where she could. ^^

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
10-09-2022, 05:44 PM

Ease fell over her, somewhat calming what tenseness she'd felt before when Kore mentioned Demonia. At the Vixen's words of putting it behind, she unclenched her worried jaw, allowing herself to be lost in the other's fur and affection. "Okay.. Okay..." she repeated, as if trying to convince herself that she, too, could put all of this behind her. But also for Kore, as she took deep breaths after those words. 

Every word that fell from the lips of an incarnate of beauty in the mortal form, soothed the girl. A laugh left Elenora's lips, somewhat broken in nature. After all she'd been through, she couldn't believe she had truly found a family. Even if only bonded together by mutual morals... It felt nice to have those she could rely on. It all hit her that she could do just that with the others of Greenwood... She needed to get herself more acquainted with them. She'd been so busy with her own child that she neglected her duties of being a good neighbor. 

It didn't take much to convince Nora at all, to join her in laying down. She was already leaning down once Kore had extended her invitation. "Yes.. Of course.She murmured, maybe a bit too eagerly. But after the day she'd had... she could care less about how desperate she came off. After being in a life-altering path and surviving, she was just glad she could cuddle up with someone she cared deeply about, at the end of the day, and still be physical enough to feel the heat that radiated off the other. 

The druid settled in beside Kore, as if it were a chilly night and they had to huddle together to keep warm, much like deer did in the winter. Her eyes flitted up towards the stars, sending a silent prayer to them that Creole had withstood the wrath of his lover, but also asking why he stayed with someone so cruel. "If it weren't for a friend in Demonia.. I don't think I would be here with you." She sighed, allowing her head to fall into Kore's shoulder, finding her gaze to the grass before them. 

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top