Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
don't be so serious

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
P
10-04-2022, 11:59 PM
He rounded the pack he didn't know as Vanderfell Woods to the left, scouting the small northeast woods that were unclaimed. There was a heavy, heavy scent of various packs in the mountain region... He didn't feel very comfortable here. Despite belonging to Greenwood, Bran was cautious of anything unfamiliar. Packs included. The grasslands of the plains were more welcoming. Less hassle, and not as winding. He could at least see where he put his paws.

Crack!

He grunts as he stumbles forward, tripping over a hidden root. Pain shoots through his left front leg. Damn it. Bran immediately hobbles, catching himself before he falls on his chin. Holding one leg up to avoid any more harm, he grimaces. Thankfully, it was not a snapping sound. He assumes his ankle is going to be quite swollen soon. Gods above, it was going to be slow going back to the Plains. He'd have to take his time, and he hated that. There were more pressing things to do...

Then sit around, waiting for it to be acceptable again.

@Harper

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 9499574_uiTsbKbAofAwJY7.png]
STANDING AT THE GATES OF HELL
STILL WANTING MORE MORE MORE
10-06-2022, 11:46 PM
^^Coming back from Ripping Heights, Harper took a different route than she normally did. With her free time limited these days, she made the most of it. So she took a different way home than the way she’d left.

There was a crack in the air, and what sounded like something falling. Her immediate thought was that there was something in the trees, but it hadn’t sounded like a branch had broken, or if it had, it wasn’t that large of a branch.

There, too, was a number of scents Harper did not recognize, but that meant nothing in the woods away from her home. It took Harper a bit of time to find the source, which maybe sorta resembled that of a tree, if not by his colors alone.

He was a big fellow, and though she was large, Harper didn’t want to startle him, but she didn’t want to offend him, either; it was hard to treat an angry patient. So she sat down a respectful distance away from him.

“Does you need help? ”
^^

the staff team luvs u
10-07-2022, 07:35 PM
Does he need help? Yes, he... does. No, did. He did need help. Her mistaken word already made him cringe. Bran couldn't help but correct her in his mind. Do you need help and not Does you need help... He rid himself of the inward annoyance if she didn't slip up more. "That depends" he replied "if you are qualified to assist a sprained ankle." He wouldn't let a non-healer touch him, poke and prod.

He had no way of knowing if she was a healer though. He'd allow the woman to speak and defend herself if she wanted, display knowledge only a healing wolf knew. But if she just assumed he'd let her help, she was very mistaken. Bran wanted to get better fast, so he could return to his duties. He wouldn't let someone slip up, make it worse and him having to recover from two injuries instead of one.

This needn't be said or explained. He felt it was common sense.

the staff team luvs u
10-07-2022, 08:30 PM
^^Harper Bacchus was a canine with whom spoke with a very obvious, thick russian accent that should have been an obvious enough reason behind these “annoying slip ups” in language, but thankfully, Harper had previously not been in the company of any grammar nazis. But alas, thankfully for him (and his ankle), those annoyances were not yet voiced, so the good doctor would smile down at him with a chuckle.

It was true; he had no way of knowing she was a doctor. And Harper pondered a moment about the bag thing that Mystery had given her, and if she ought to begin carrying that around so others would know about her license in medicine. Was it worth it? To have total strangers knowing she was a doctor? She supposed she'd need to give it a go to find out.

“I vould not ask if I vasn’t,” Harper arched her brows at him with a giggle; a sprained ankle was a bit beneath her, given the individuals and their injuries that she’d treated in the past, with Kuhn-dearest still at the top of her list.

“I once veal a vig tiger that vas near death,” Harper told him, allowing her russian to slip a bit more as she rolled her shoulders and stood.

“But if you do not wish for me to assist, I will be on my way,” Harper mused; the herbs she needed were in her den, anyway.
^^

the staff team luvs u
10-30-2022, 07:32 PM
"I do not wish to make this worse," he said after a heavy silence, lifting the injury to stare at it with a narrowed look. As if the swelled ankle was an affront to his very being. The woman giggled and tittered on, proclaiming she was a doctor. He only assumed this was another word for medicine woman or healer. The term was somewhat confusing. But she seemed to understand he did not want a foolish wolf to look at it. Healing a tiger aside, he didn't care for boasting.

"You may look at it" he put a heavy emphasis on 'look' "I can at least wrap it if provided materials." If she wished to scour for herbs and brace items, he could very well wrap it himself. Bran was not invalid. He could still work, and he did not wish for anyone in his pack to tell him to relax. No, if he breathed he was able to do things. The man was not a lazy sort. He slowly held out the swollen ankle for the other woman to view, thinking this was perhaps a bad idea.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
10-30-2022, 11:32 PM
^^While Dr. Bacchus did have a certain ring to it, it had not been a term that Harper had used. The word itself having never left Harper’s lips, and would have likely been butchered from a russian tongue, to be used as further fuel for the grammar nazi. (Not that Harper was aware of this, mind you.)

But of course she understood, to some degree, that he did not want some low life to look at him and his temple of a body, right? But it was a sprained ankle, that even beginner doctors could assist with. Even wolves who were not doctors knew how to handle this.

He held up the limb as though it was a mockery to the rest of him. She did not move from her spot as he made it quite clear that she was not to touch. Not that she would want to, of course; at least, not until he was all healed up.

His bedside manners could do with a lot of work. Even the tiger was more kind and compassionate than this wolf was.

“Oh my,” Harper gasped, lowering her ears with a wince, “I’m afraid you’ll need to get it amp- pee-you - tay..ted.” (amputated)

Harper wrinkled her nose in annoyance, not really caring if he understood her or not. She hadn’t been serious, of course, but since his bedside manner was so horrid - maybe that was the pain talking, but she wanted to cheer him up. Put a smile on that handsome face, if you will.

She would watch his reaction, standing with the lick of her lips as she took a bold step (singular) forward. “I can make removal of limb if you’s can’t.”
^^

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top