Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

AW
Would you drink the wine, while watching television?

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
Adventurer
10-04-2022, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 06:59 PM by Seraphim. Edited 1 time in total.)
Open to any WC characters. Predating This Thread

It was odd how fast everything could change. How suddenly you could be thrown into a cold hellscape, left alone, without any sense of identity. Even more surprising was how quick that situation could turn itself around.

Currently he sat within the center of a pack, one that he was part of for the time being. His rather large ears were held alert, listening to the noise of the other wolves around him. So far he'd been left alone, which he definitely preferred. But they also wanted to learn more about his situation, and he couldn't gain that knowledge firsthand.

So he pushed himself onto his feet. Their torn paws were still extremely painful, and they very much regretted their choice. Still they continued, walking throughout The Eye. The red wolf wouldn't bother to approach anyone, they weren't desperate for company. They would just explore, in the small amount their injuries would let, and see what happened.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: CFFB34-BA-56-AB-4-AC0-AE7-C-0-C54-DF9-BF35-A.gif]
3-2-3 Rated
Warning
“Latin” | “Common”
Paladin
10-04-2022, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 07:17 AM by Monster. Edited 1 time in total.)

Bored? Yes. Lonely? Very. Mama Nyra had been busy lately, and Monster found himself... wandering. The other pups scared him a bit, so he just.. avoided them. It was funny, how – though it was unbeknownst to him – his 'parents' had the highest expectations for him, and yet he was by far one of the weakest. Someone like Royal or Regal would definitely be better than him.

Better, better, better The voice chanted, and the boy shook his head, almost running right into a wolf he didn't know. With a whine, he jumped back, a snarl growing on his face. Why? He didn't know. Monster looked up at him, eyes wide and glistening with a sort of... unmistaken primal fire. “Who're you?” He asked, tone all too curious for that murderous look in his eyes.

the staff team luvs u
I WILL MAKE YOU B O W
10-05-2022, 03:20 AM
They were in the middle of their venture, when suddenly another wolf rammed into their side. Ears pinned, they turned to face the offender, with a growl rising in their throat. Only to find a child. The hair on their back laid flat once again at the realization. “Who're you?” The boy asked.

“Seraphim” He replied curtly “I'm staying here, temporarily”
His orange eyes inspected the young wolf with interest. He'd never really been around children other than his siblings, and they were just competition at best, most just made interesting playthings.

This one seemed larger than he would've expected, but he wasn't certain that was the case. Something about him seemed different, dangerous even, but Seraphim viewed everyone that way, it's what kept him safe.
“Watch your step next time” He reprimanded, slight threat in his tone. “What's your name puer ?”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated
Warning
“Latin” | “Common”
Paladin
10-05-2022, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 07:17 AM by Monster. Edited 2 times in total.)

“Seraphim, I'm staying here, temporarily.” His tone was quick, blunt, to the point, which only made Monster want to jump at him even more. But, no, he was obedient, he was good, he was loved by Mama Nyra and that was all he needed in life; his mother's praise. “Watch your step next time. What's your name puer?”

Monster. And with that, he'd jump, unable to control himself; unable to see anything clearly, all was red. His memories dragged him back to the Swords, back to his supposed people. The boy snarled as he aimed to lodge his teeth in Seraphim's arm, frame quick, small, and though he was weaker to direct, blunt attacks, he was lithe... swift.

He was the fucking monster. He would make mama Nyra and papa Satan proud.

the staff team luvs u
I WILL MAKE YOU B O W
Paladin
10-05-2022, 07:10 AM
From a distance he saw them, thinking nothing of it really as he walked closer, catching what they had to say towards the end. However, as he came forward, he would see the child lunge, causing the man to growl low in warning. And, if that didn't stop the child, the brute would aim to grab him quickly by his scruff to stop the preemptive attack. If he wasn't able to, he would try to push himself in between the attack, though he wasn't really scared of what a child's fangs could do. It was mostly the principle of it. 

"Woah there child. While I enjoy your lust for blood, those that bare the Warcrest name will not be harmed, unless stated otherwise." He would pause for a moment, waiting to see if the kid understood him, before turning to the other wolf, cocking his head to the side slightly. "I see you met one of the children recently adopted by Nyra." Specifically by Nyra, not by him.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
10-05-2022, 10:18 PM
it seemed their first perception of the child was correct. He lunged at them with fangs bared. They didn't move, not at all worried about the child's bite. But it seemed they wouldn't have to experience it, as the boy, Monster as they now knew him, was promptly stopped by Satan. The red wolf gave their 'attacker' no more attention as the King spoke to him. "I see you met one of the children recently adopted by Nyra."

“It seems I have” He chuckled “She has interesting taste” It was obvious this child would grow to be useful, if it could be tamed that is. His orange eyes drifted back to the youth in question. What had inspired his attempt? Pure blood lust? He wasn't sure, and didn't really care. He was still young, and Seraphim probably wouldn't be here when he was a threat.

“If you still want to fight when I'm not injured, then we can fight” The warrior offered to the boy. “I'm curious as to what gives you such guts”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated
Warning
“Latin” | “Common”
10-05-2022, 10:33 PM

Unfortunately, his lunge was blocked by the Albino man, grabbing him by the scruff and growling. With that, Monster would writhe and wriggle and throw himself against the King, snapping and growling in a primal and beastly manner. "Woah there child. While I enjoy your lust for blood, those that bare the Warcrest name will not be harmed, unless stated otherwise."

Let me go. He hissed.

"I see you met one of the children recently adopted by Nyra." Monster was glad that Satan made it clear that it was Nyra that adopted him. He refused to have Satan as a father if he'd stopped him from doing the one thing he was good at. He was sure Mama Nyra would be proud to see him lunge! “It seems I have, she has interesting taste.” Ugh, he wanted to bite him.

And Seraphim continued; “If you still want to fight when I'm not injured, then we can fight. I'm curious as to what gives you such guts.” Monster did nothing but give a boyish growl, trying to throw himself out of the King's grasp and bound a few steps away, if he was successful.

the staff team luvs u
I WILL MAKE YOU B O W
Paladin
10-30-2022, 08:50 PM
The man didn't seem to care as the boy attacked him, tearing flesh near and on his chest. Still, he didn't drop the child until the boy threw himself out of his grasp, quickly releasing so that he wouldn't rip the boy's neck. With a sigh, he would roll his eyes, flashing his fangs in warning to the kid. "Listen here child, you don't get to attack anyone you want. If you wish to fight someone, then attack me here and now. I promise I won't go easy on you." 

He would grin as he lowered himself to the ground, ready to attack the child. He had no qualms about harming him, though he wouldn't kill the boy just yet. But, he would be certainly disappointed if the boy backed down now. No, he likely wouldn't let him.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
11-22-2022, 05:24 PM

He was impressed, impressed with the way Satan didn't even flinch as the boy tore into him. The red wolf took a few painful steps back, not wanting to get in the way of the child's violent temper tantrum. He certainly didn't need more injuries.

He eyed the child carefully waiting for his next move. The child reminded him slightly of a bloodthirsty snake, pitifully violent, and extremly hard to hold on to.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated
Warning
“Latin” | “Common”
scroll to top