Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Knocking upon death's door

Late Evening Drizzle/Rain
AW
10-02-2022, 07:49 PM
Oh, he had been sneaky.

With Sindri's task given, Loki had set to work. Plotting his approach, scheming how he would go about retrieving information, for this was his forté. His field. His true calling. He was a man of many faces. He could move as silent as a shadow: built for stealth. He was no famous warrior, he did not seek glory that way. But by doing the shadow's work, he could achieve better and far greater than any bull-headed man. 

Bidding farewell from Northfall and out into the wilderness. For all means of the word, he had left the safety of the pack behind. He rolled himself the nearby stream, spent a few days alone so that Northfall's claim upon his pelt would fade. He even went so far as to starve himself. Only when he had lost weight, with stomach painfully growling, would he wearily creep towards Leviathan's Sepulcher. The homeland of his enemy.

His hopeful new home.

He had set the cards down on the desk, he had tied up his loose ends. Now the real game begun.

He threw his head back and hailed the woman responsible for it all,

@Vendrussel
the staff team luvs u
[Image: dfby2mq-81fbc5b9-919b-4137-a229-6ed79096...cEzVdUYgkg]
Rated M for Mature
Dragonford Isles
Ecologist
10-03-2022, 05:38 PM
Lately it has been raining, far more then early spring has given. She had sent others to find a possible hideout in-case of any disasters such as hurricanes, where Dragonford can locate within an ease, for at the very least a prepared cave to hideout from the storm. Although she didn't know if there was such a place that was unclaimed, much less that could hold the entire pack. As she gazed up to the evening sky which rained slowly, she shook her head of the dew that fell on her blue pelt, and roamed to the shores of the brim.

She didn't expect it to happen over-night, and some days they would return without news. She didn't hold it against them.

Although on this day, one rainy eve, someone had called, specifically for her. She raised a brow and head toward, a man cloaked in dark and minor gold scattered across his pelt. He was as tall as her, but his frame was less then likable, he looked starved and delicate. She chuffed at him, that Vendrussel was here, and tilted her head lightly as she urged him to go on.

Why did you call, stranger?

the staff team luvs u
10-07-2022, 10:12 PM
Oh she was gracious. 

Descending upon him with watery wings. A pelt of the sea and sky. While the tales of the Dragoness had spun wildly, no one had mentioned her beauty. Her prescience was that of ethereal wonder, as she regarded him with a suspicious gaze. A gaze that was bright and azure. Why was he here?

Loki's spine straightened. Trying to "re-gain" some formal composure. "Please, forgive my appearance... the loner life suits me ill." Dark ears twitched. "I have been cast out, left to the wastes. I am looking for a new place to call home." His molten gaze would slide slowly from her features, to the jagged cliffs that roamed above, the shrouded mists. It was certainly a fortress... but one that was not impenetrable. "Your pack--that I am assuming it is yours, is the first I have come across." Dark brows furrowed. "If I could perhaps stay a while, regain my strength... I could prove myself worthwhile. Tenfold if need be." Then, he would offer an oh so charming smile, as his gaze met the woman's once more.

@Vendrussel
the staff team luvs u
Rated M for Mature
Ecologist
10-10-2022, 09:21 PM
A cloud crackled in the distance, the light sound of a boom before them as she narrowed a gaze and looked past his shoulder. Thunderclouds to be forming, a glancing back to the slow winding of the wild waves, they would slowly start their disaster against the coast. It would be a tough storm to enter soon, she thought, as she looked back at the sleak man, "you may have found a place," she said, cracking but a more nonchalant smile, "but I must warn you.."

"Though peace you may seek we are at war with the neighbors, and though a court is said to happen, who knows what'll happen. I do not wish to bring those within my Ford who are not prepared for this." She was well-equipped to answer any questions ; such as the why as many has asked, but she doesn't thrust that upon them, not just yet. She gave the appropriate information, to whether they wish to join the battle, or seek elsewhere for comfort.

the staff team luvs u
Combo Skill
10-16-2022, 04:33 PM
As those sea blue eyes narrowed, with righteous fury, so did the sky crackle above. The boom was loud enough to shake those of weaker will. And how ironic, he would scoff silently to himself. His brother claimed power over the skies, fortuned the rain and heavy storms. 

Perhaps this was his way of warning.

But he would disregard such whims, instead, his golden-green flecked gaze would settle upon the dragoness as she proudly proclaimed. "Though peace you may seek we are at war with the neighbors, and though a court is said to happen, who knows what'll happen. I do not wish to bring those within my Ford who are not prepared for this." He mirrored her smirk. And yet placed behind that perfectly formed mask came a small flicker of oh... what was this? Anger? Was this... admiration? A small pang of sympathy had arisen when Sindri told him of her woes and why she hated Vendrussel so much, killing a child simply for trespassing? Yes... he could see it now, as he looked upon her face- there was something fierce and cruel that shone within that ocean gaze.

Why was he compelled towards it?

Regardless, he continued his charade. Dipping his dark muzzle in acknowledgement. "I may not be the best warrior, my work lies within strategy. I do the shadows work." A chagrin smile danced upon his lips. "War is nothing new to me."

@Vendrussel
the staff team luvs u
Rated M for Mature
10-17-2022, 09:11 PM
"Then follow me, to the grounds to be tested." She would turn into the storming sea, where the waves were growing. Paws settling into the waters, the dark sky surrounding them into that midnight abyss as she would look back at Loki, smiling lightly. To the dive into the sea, a swimming as they went and the occasional flash-back to the weakened man in the waters ; it was a wonder if he could make it through, and a wonder whether he would be able to survive. Although if he fell, Vendrussel wasn't so cold-hearted to let him perish by the whims of the sea dragons.

Ahead, there was the isle she was aiming for.

the staff team luvs u
Combo Skill
10-17-2022, 09:31 PM
Then follow me, to the grounds to be tested."

Oh so different. Unlike Northfall, where he had joined by battling with the Regent herself, proving instantly how capable he was- singing the songs of his blood…there was an entire ceremony, with them. The enemy. How interesting. Dark ears perked as he stalked forwards. Evergreen gaze unfazed.
Unblinking. If it were a test, then so be it.

The sea’s roared in chaos, frothing and crashing violently at the weathered rock. As one slender paw stepped into chilling waters, it sucked his breath away. Silently, his spine shuddered.

And yet at her smile he forced himself deeper. Following her wake, just like a good little soldier should.

His body was weaker, that was a given. The frothing waves pushed against him more and more. But all the while he would stare ahead- at her. Only her.

@Vendrussel
the staff team luvs u
Rated M for Mature
10-17-2022, 09:38 PM
Arriving to the isle she could feel her heavy pelt tug to the earth. The sea wasn't too aggressive but wasn't calm, she imagined as the night went they would surely grow more fierce. At the very least the new recruit would survive as he weaved through the waves in a steady pace and finally arrive too the isle. A grin at him, as she urged to go further to the very top of the rock and stand before the gates. Unknown that they were, not a place any could see within the distance ; hidden in the furthest parts of the sepulcher, away from all the lands.

"All you have to do is dive."

the staff team luvs u
10-17-2022, 09:51 PM
Legs burned and lungs heaved at every stride, dark ears pinned to his domed skull and yet he remained somehow, afloat. As they came to the island, he perhaps imagined the crackle of thunder and shrouded mist whisper forbidden warnings to him. Ironic, at the least.For Northfall.

Yet the ringing in his ears dulled as iron gates, large and foreboding stood, looming before him as he crested the hill. The journey seemed to have been a casual Swim for his intended Alpha to be-she stood so clandestine, paving the way for him. Urging him to dive.

Oh those instincts, those Sirens blared. Yet within those ocean eyes, beyond the mystery. The darkness, lay no trick.

A smile that was predatory curled upon his lips. She was speaking the truth.

And so dove, he did.

@Vendrussel
the staff team luvs u
Rated M for Mature
10-17-2022, 09:59 PM
Vendrussel would never know this man worked for the enemy. Neither a scent or a face, she was unfamiliar with so — and realized even yet a name. Words difficult to tell through this now-storm, and the thoughts came of that realization ; to ask, after he fell. But he fell, diving into the waters without another thought, where that itself would give Vendrussel a trust to this strange, wanting man.

She would go down to the very steps, awaiting for his head to appear, "Welcome to Dragonford," she said, "you are named as the Lightning Dragon.. Although I do not think I have your name."

the staff team luvs u
Combo Skill
10-17-2022, 10:06 PM
The chilling waters engulfed him in darkness. Chaos roared within his ears. It was not that much of a fall, for it was the fear of the unknown that was the true test. To trust the enemy. To put faith into a pretty face.

It was almost nauseating.

Yet, even as his body protested, struggling to the surface… he eventually popped his head above the waters, to catch the backon call.

Lightning dragon.

Well. How ironic, indeed.

He coughed. A disguise of a scoff and drew air into his lungs. I am known as Loki. He purred, hiding the best he could, how much of an effort it was to keep himself a float. My Queen.

@Vendrussel
the staff team luvs u
Rated M for Mature
11-01-2022, 04:54 PM
wrap?

She would smile and be pleased, a name given that seemed familiar but she couldn't put a name on it. Something linked within norwegian ties but her mind had been foggy for some time about past knowledge. She knew a variety of languages but when it came to the learning and teachings, at the moment Vendrussel lacked, only knowing that it sounded familiar, some way or another. It was knocking at the back of her head.

Though now the time was further, she would sway her tail and an ocean gaze directing toward the isle they live at. Though the other, unknowing to Vendrussel came in as a spy — they in truth had nothing much to hide. In time she thought he would discover all that there was in his own time, and the two would be led to the isle of a small forest.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top