Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Every day's a little harder,

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
Entertainer
09-29-2022, 06:09 AM
She was roaming through the veils, finding peace by the sounds of the waterfall. Although frozen that it was, some of it still was continually pouring to the land that she enjoyed. It was a somewhat peaceful, little neutral area that noticed a flocking of rogues and loners alike with the smell before the forest.. The teller's fortune stood within her mind, a prone of meeting others and couldn't help but draw herself to this little forest.. A light hum to her voice, no lyrics to be sung but lightly would she hum to the voice of a song that her ears enjoyed. Small hums she remembered from her mother, as Aries settled upon her stomach as she laid before the frozen pond.

the staff team luvs u
09-29-2022, 10:05 AM
*steals bcos i love aries so so much* :3

He'd returned to the veils for some more peppermint, as he had last time, but now, he wasn't alone. An unfamiliar scent rode the winds, and Esmeray squinted in disbelief. It wasn't the deadman, thank the heavens above, but it was someone... different. Esmeray felt his fur fluff up protectively, ready to fight tooth and claw so this stranger couldn't get into the everfrost...

But as he gazed around, it was but a mere, snow-pale girl, and the mans squint only exaggerated more. She was humming a little tune as she sat by the frozen pond, and Esmeray let out a small chuff, making his presence known. While this wasn't official Haldis claim... it should surely smell like it by now. “Hello,” He greeted as he got closer. As her scent continued to flood the air around them, Esmeray noticed that this, in fact, was a pack wolf, though she didn't smell like those Enemies of the Sheep weirdos.

“I assume you're part of the pack up north?” He'd scented them before, and was certain he'd seen Lady Paramount talking to their leader, but it was better to be safe than sorry. If this was one of the raiders, he'd have a lot of shit to deal with, that was for sure.

the staff team luvs u
Any Haldis wolves are welcome in his (AW) threads.

3-2-3
IC ≠ OOC
Entertainer
09-29-2022, 09:45 PM
As time went and her tune shifted, she would softly whisper to herself, "you must go to the east, go to the west," with thinking none would truly hear. A moment of peace for herself through songs and so, a gentle breeze wrapping around almost as it in ensured a safety, and an urging to continue on, "the road is rocky and the way is far.."

She was about to plop her head onto her paws, and continue on with a blight, but someone came by. He approached and spoke, and she turned her head to see a man of browns, they reminded of the mountains, like a pine area that didn't seem like a northern wolf. He smelled of Haldis, Aries thought, as she remembered her experience with their Lady Paramount and the similar scent that was between them.

"Yes, I live in Duskguard," she said smiling at him, "is it too bold to assume you are from Haldis?" she was unaware of both the unofficial claim, and the raiding that had happened in the north. Already enough was happening with the impending war, but if to know of raids.. The north seemed curse one way or another — and there was already mention of The Everfrost being the pinnacle of just that.

She would hope nothing would fall onto the denizens of Haldis with this claimed curse.

the staff team luvs u
10-09-2022, 09:47 PM
Sorry for the wait! ;^;

"Yes, I live in Duskguard, is it too bold to assume you are from Haldis?" Ah, so Duskguard was what it was called. An elegant name, though slightly confusing. Guarding dusk? Wasn't that a little... grandiose? Esmeray hummed, though nodded as she supposed his packmanship. “It isn't too bold. This is where I retrieve herbs for my pack,” Which may come off a little surprising; he certainly didn't look the healer type.

“I am a Scion, or healer, as it's commonly called.” Did he sound snooty? Sorry, Aries, that was just the promotion talking. Taking a seat, the man flicked his tail around his paws, tapping the snow. His muted eyes scanned the woman; was she of threat? A spy? She looked quite meek, he must admit. “I'm Esmeray, and you may be...?”

the staff team luvs u
Any Haldis wolves are welcome in his (AW) threads.

3-2-3
IC ≠ OOC
Adventurer
10-11-2022, 07:30 PM
"Is this place a good foraging area?" Aries asked, as she gazed around. It was quite a cold place, where the pond itself emitted a minor frost, to the point part of the waterfall seemed eternally frozen. Yet due to that it gave way to something near the waterfall ; she could see it from the corner of her eye and thought surely, there would be a day to explore. At the moment she was far more curious on whether this place was an area where herbs could be found.

"I am Aries," she said, introducing herself with a warm smile, "I act as a healer as well as a scout at times."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top