Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

Group Only
then worries came to perch on us

Group Only
Labyrinthian
09-21-2022, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2022, 03:14 AM by Daighre. Edited 1 time in total.)
He huffed when he saw him stood, standing there. His white muzzle stained red, bitten and cut and chewed and grabbed.

His tail twitched.

Threatened to wag against his hocks.

He butted his head against him. His shoulder dragged against his.

Drew and swiped and dragged his tongue across the blood. The scabs that had formed.

“The fuck you do, old man.” He rumbled.

the staff team luvs u
09-23-2022, 12:49 AM
 Madmortigan swayed, tired and sore after his ordeal. He beached himself on his own warm sandbar, savoring Daighre's contact and the way it quelled his nerves.

The Harbinger laid down beside Daighre's legs, craning his head to snap lazily at his limbs. “Badger.” He answered at last. 

Madmortigan licked a bit of blood from a weeping wound his companion's tongue had opened. “It paid.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
09-23-2022, 01:58 AM
He huffed.

“Dumbass.”

He pulled his leg away from him in favour of headbutting him. His head pressed against his. His ears pulled back, flat, against his head.

He rolled into him.

His cheek and neck dragged against the side of his head, the side of his neck, down and then under, beneath the underside of his muzzle. His shoulder and back pressed against him, against his shoulder. Blond and black and white, mixing together.

His back against his side before he rolled over again.

His paws and legs and stomach and chest facing his shoulder and hip. Blond-brown dirty paws and legs rested and leaned against his body, draped over his back.

He licked his lips.

Stretched and reached to nip at his chin and lick at his mouth.

the staff team luvs u
09-23-2022, 02:57 PM
 He turned towards the warm sensation of his tongue, felt the weight of his foreleg over his shoulders. 

“Have you been part of a pack before?” Madmortigan asked, his mind often more occupied with thoughts of his companion than deemed prudent or productive.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
09-23-2022, 05:07 PM
He dragged and rasped his tongue lower and lower, from his chin to down along his neck to down along his chest. Black, and then grey. Silver and white intermixed. Salted and peppered. Different, to the stark, contrasting, unnatural white of his face, his shoulders, his back, his back legs.

‘Have you been part of a pack before?’

One last, long, lingering, final ministration. His tongue flat and damp and warm. His mouth and breath hot.

The side of his face rested on the ground.

The old man sideways, in this view, in this angle.

Before him, and above him.

He stared.

“Yes.”

the staff team luvs u
09-24-2022, 06:37 PM
 Madmortigan submitted himself to Daighre's thorough attention, his body arching as the warm, velvet rasping lulled him into a half-lidded stupor. 

When Daighre stopped, he felt cold. 

“Tell me about them. What position did you hold?”

To bribe him to speak, Madmortigan began to groom him with the same fixated care, running his tongue over the crest of Daighre's head before he worked at his neck and cheeks.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
09-25-2022, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 12:30 AM by Daighre. Edited 1 time in total.)
His tongue against the top of his head, his face, his neck.

He huffed.

Shook.

Annoyed.

Space between them that he closed and control that he regained when he butted his head against the bottom of his chin. His ears pressed back. His voice against his shoulder, his chest, his neck.

“My parents were the leaders."

He dragged his tongue, once, over and against thick black and white fur.

"I was an only child.”

What else was there for him to fucking say?

He had been a shitty fucking kid, and a shitty fucking heir.

His teeth grazed his neck.

His tongue followed his teeth.

the staff team luvs u
09-25-2022, 02:44 PM
 Madmortigan stopped, pausing to pull back so he could fit him in his field of vision. The Harbinger stared, seeing more than most. 

After a beat, he bent forward, swiping his tongue along Daighre's muzzle, his lip, his gum.

“I was the only one of my litter. I was groomed to take over the Order from the start.” Two heirs curled around each other, one following the path that had been set before him, the other choosing his own road to walk. 

“I am happy you made your way here.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
10-01-2022, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 03:23 AM by Daighre. Edited 4 times in total.)
He huffed.

“My mom kicked me out when I was a yearling.”

Maybe he would have left, eventually.

Maybe he would have stayed, and stayed, and stayed.

Maybe the hag’s love and patience was always a finite resource and it was destined to run out from the very first day he was born, and his dad would always choose her side over his, over and over and over again.

Maybe he deserved every single bad thing that had happened to him.

Maybe he didn’t deserve any of it at all.

He would have been a shitty fucking leader.

He took the attention he was given and shut up. Him and the old man, tangled around each other and wrapped up. Their tongues against each other's fur. Their bodies pressed against one another.

A world of their own making.

A world of their own creation.

the staff team luvs u
Yesterday, 05:44 PM
 He rose suddenly, and felt cold without him.

His tail flicked, the wound on his face throbbing, obstinate and loud. Madmortigan simmered, feeling the blood rush, a quiet roaring in his ears.

The work wasn’t done, but he found that he did not want to do it alone. He bent, halving at the hips, lowering himself into an elegant and understated play bow. Daighre’s only invitation before he turned and set off at a run.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
9 hours ago
The old man rose.

Sudden and abrupt movement away from his side, out from beneath his draped and perched paws and legs.

He grumbled and groaned.

Stretched and splayed out alongside his back. His head tilted back. His throat on open display. His stomach and his chest and his undersides open and bared.

He pawed and nipped at the air. Lazy, half-assed, noncommittal movement. He watched him as he bowed and then ran.

The movements of his hocks. The movement of the backs of his thighs. The movement of his tail. The black and white and pink of his paw pads flashing.

“Come back.” He called.

They could do whatever he wanted to do here.

Here, where the ground and grass and dirt was soft and warm, warmed by their combined body heat.

They could wrestle.

They could play.

They could fight.

Him beneath him.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top