Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
blood red, snow white

Evening Partly Cloudy
P
Adventurer
09-18-2022, 06:54 PM
ooc; before she reaches duskguard

With the Plains and most of the Mountains behind her, Nikki walked back to the Tundra. It was almost too late to travel, so she sought a place to reside for the night. As a moon child, she didn't mind walking under the stars. However, if she wanted to get to Duskguard before the season ended? She needed to get going faster than a leisurely pace.

Her steps slowly came to a halt, facing the entrance of this woodland. The sap of the trees was... red? Curious. It was almost bloody in features. She mentally shrugged, finding no fault in nature to this day. She proceeded. Her steps crunched under fallen foliage, the woods opening wide and embracing the vagabond. There was coast on either side of her too.

A hop-skip to the beach.

She had a brief wonder about how the moon was going to be tonight. Should she howl to Her? Lady Moon often asked for nothing but the calls of Her children. It had been too long since she had... Though it could be lonely, howling for one. Too lost in her own thoughts, she gasped as she collided with the back of someone else. Bouncing off them, she shook herself.

"Oh!" she gasped "I'm so sorry, sir. I was not watching where I was going."

@Dire

the staff team luvs u
09-20-2022, 07:15 PM
As still as a massive boulder, he stood along the edge of the treeline overlooking the coast to either side. He had already traveled through the thick of woodland, unphased by the ominous red hues and strangely gory forest. If anything, he had thought, the dark woods seemed befitting of a red beast like him, and Dire wondered if it was a place he should stay for the time being. Of course, he did prefer more open areas compared to this; rolling valleys, rivers, and lakes instead of oceans, fir forests. It was all he sought in this new land, but he had yet to find it. Lurking this crimson wood would do in the meantime, at least.

The beast was about to take a step down to the coastline when the sound of crunching leaves reached his small ears. Dire shifted hefty weight, looking over his shoulder with perked ears. Closer, louder, leaves stirred as something came near. He assumed he had nothing to fret about, of course, and remained perfectly still, his sharp golden eyes watching as a smaller wolf skipped into view, continuing towards him as if he wasn't even there. Surely his blackish-red pelt didn't blend so well with the red leaves to be so perfectly camouflaged?

And then, the smaller wolf bumped right into his wide rump. A thick brow quirked. He wasn't quite expecting the apology that came, nor the formality of sir. Interesting.

"So I see," His deep voice rumbled, unamused. "One ought to be more vigilant, it can't be safe wandering blindly." You never knew what monsters you could run into. Dire gazed down at the wolf, whom he assumed female, his face stony but not angered.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Ecologist
09-20-2022, 10:26 PM
"I suppose so."

Nikki didn't seem disturbed by the thought though, just casually agreeing with the man. She smiled up at him, tail wagging in its doggy fashion. Oh, good. He wasn't mad. She didn't like to associate with people who were... needlessly cruel. Or outwardly aggressive. Or... just meanies. She didn't even care he was of a dark red like blood. He seemed even of head and thought.

"I was just enchanted by this forest" she murmured dreamily, glancing around them without continual care "it bleeds, but it's also very sad. In a small way" As if "people always judge by what is in front of them. But I think this woodland has more going for it than bleeding sap!" She huffed with some gentle amusement "like... plenty of pretty flowers and useful herbs in it."

Another pause as she tilted her head up at him curiosity. "Oh, sorry. I ramble a bit. My name is Nikita."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top