Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Besides just being simply strange,

AW
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-22-2021, 02:52 PM
For Almight! :> keeping Sam stuff vague <3

A day had passed since Eldra began to explore the Reach more deeply. A day had passed since she gleefully terrorized the young man. But at the moment her quarry was not on her mind. This day, it was weaving her scent into the trees, a pre-movement marking, of sorts, for when the pack would begin to claim the foggy woods for themselves. 

The demon assumed Vengeance had meant to claim here, and so, here she was.
And Eldra was also continuing to try and find potential neighbors as her Warlord had ordered. But, she could only be in one place at a time. Finding others would, potentially, have to wait. 

Unless they came to her, willingly or not.
the staff team luvs u
03-22-2021, 06:24 PM
The giant munched down on the carcass of an elk calve. The poor thing had only just entered the world, and already it had landed in the clutches of a being destined to be its enemy. How sad its mother must be to be stripped of her creation, her love, after carrying and caring for him for moons. Mothers were unwavering and even scary when provoked, but he ne'er concerned himself with their opinions. The man had to eat - surely if even the grass began screaming for mercy would the grazers eat it. Some would even get pleasure out of it; beings were full of filthy things like that. He was no different.

While dragging his dinner under some brush to eat it in peace, he had noticed the weak scent of wolf. This world was foreign to him, but even in a world different from his own could this scent only mean one thing; someone had staked claim upon this land. He kept his distance, planning to go around the forest after eating his fill and leaving the carcass for the birds. He knew he couldn't be alone forever, even when washed ashore so violently and the fact being that avoiding others was in his nature, when winter came (if it came at all in this realm) he needed someone... Carefully did he strip the young body of its meat, savoring every bite.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
03-23-2021, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 05:06 AM by Eldra. Edited 1 time in total.)
In little time at all, the titanic she-wolf materialized seemingly, out of the fog as she approached with a curious tick of her head. 
Eldra smelled him first, during her patrol, letting herself have no other option but to investigate. 
And now, she stood a few body lengths away, watching with a too-wide poison gaze as her fellow giant ate his meal. 
"Are you of Vengeance's allies?" She murmured the question, eyes flicking around briefly to look for possible others. She assumed he knew who she was talking about, to hell with that he might not know of her master at all!
the staff team luvs u
03-23-2021, 04:15 PM
He'd gotten the leg detached from the body and curled it close with his paws for easier access. Though usually not very food aggressive, he hadn't had a meal in ages and growled at an approaching crow who came to look at the pickings. The scavenger would get his bones, eventually, when Almight was done with it. He disliked being rushed.

He stayed casual, contently munching away even when another approached. She kept enough distance between them for him to feel comfortable enough to not immediately vilify her. His cool gaze found her, looking up with a raised eyebrow. Unbeknownst to the two of them and Vengeance himself, Almight was none other than his long-forgotten son. Still, the question rang; “Who thefuck's 'Vengeance'?”

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
03-23-2021, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 07:58 PM by Eldra. Edited 2 times in total.)
Eldra paused as the man asked his question. 

Well...whoops.
The demon quirked a small smile, answering. 
"He is the Warlord of these woods. My Alpha." She explained, not going into the details, not yet at least.
the staff team luvs u
03-24-2021, 12:18 AM
He scoffed slightly at the words used to describe this supposed mafia boss. She sounded convinced of this guy's feats, even though they remained unspoken. Even so, the stormcloud replied; “His borders are weak.” He grinned around the bone he had uncovered as he moved down the calve's leg. He was forever laid-back, his tone free of mockery.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
03-24-2021, 01:24 AM
For once the Demon had some sanity upon her. 
As he mused the weakness of Vengeance's borders, sew hmmed in mild agreement.

"He plans to claim these woods, I should say. I'm just the soldier he sent ahead." Eldra responded idly.
the staff team luvs u
03-24-2021, 05:43 PM
Now, there came honesty, it was about time. He was unsure whether the woman was full of herself and this Warlord, or if the Warlord was so conceited as to infect his followers with the thought they already owned the place. Truth was, no one really owned anything in a world born anew. He was excited to see what would be built upon it, but most of all to watch it all crumble down.

“Well, don't worry your pretty head about me; I wasn't planning on going into the woods if that's why you came to talk to me.” He said while licking off the blood that had dribbled down his chin. Perhaps a nicer guy would have offered her a piece of his meal, but fact was that he was a loner - unsure when he'd get something to eat again - while she had her cool and awesome Warlord to rely on.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
03-24-2021, 08:18 PM
Eldra chuckled slightly at his words. Even though Sam was tucked away in the woods to stand as evidence against being Chill - she wasn't interested in telling him to stay out, nor interested in trying to kidnap him, too. 

"No, I was just curious as to who was around. Gets lonely sometimes being on your own. At least, to me..." The woman sighed, already beginning to turn to head back into the depths.
the staff team luvs u
03-25-2021, 12:57 PM
Even if she was planning on kidnapping him, the beast matched her in size and wouldn't be cooperative in the slightest. Perhaps if they would gang up on him would they be able to force him into doing something or staying somewhere, but she sounded like she was pretty alone around here.

Of course, that could've been a bluff. Even so, the titan responded; “Doesn't your master keep you company?” He near-purred. “Quite a shit one if he lets his ladies do all the work for him while he sits on his ass somewhere.” He added nonchalantly as he continued to eat.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
03-25-2021, 08:42 PM
She paused as he spoke again, hesitating a bit. 
Eldra didn't exactly want to fight today. She was trying to make sense in her own head. Still, she responded with a tired sigh

"He was wrapping things up in a forest nestled by the mountains, south. I'm supposed to return to him soon. By the end of this moon phase." She shook her head softly, looking out past him, toward King Elk Forest even though she couldn't see it from here.
the staff team luvs u
03-25-2021, 09:07 PM
His tail curled on the ground like a salted rainworm, delighted at the direction of this conversation. Though he'd never admit it, he did find joy in meddling in other people's business. He didn't think highly of this self-proclaimed alpha by what the woman had told him at all. Who was keeping the woods safe with the main guy gone someplace else? Perhaps he was gonna settle down somewhere here, if only to teach them a lesson.

“'Supposed to'? You doubtin' returning to him?” He said, stretching his front legs out in front of him. He'd finished most of the calve and chewing on bones wasn't his favorite pastime. “I say he doesn't quite appreciate you if he leaves you here alone.” He stated, getting up from his spot to stretch his back legs again. The tension in his muscles made them appear even bigger. He sure didn't look like a loner.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
03-25-2021, 10:16 PM
"Why? Do you think I'd make a better one than him?" Eldra jested in response, lightly and yet out of the blue, a small, weary smile tugging at her lips. 
Shaking her head again, the demon seemed to be getting more and more tired the longer she tried to keep her head level and not going absolutely berserk trying to terrorize others. 
"I don't...know him that well, but...I..." She trailed off, and the slanting of her ears said it all - she's afraid for her life, afraid to leave. 
But at the same time, she doesn't want to abandon the goal she aims for - to become worse. Become stronger than the Boogeymen she fears
the staff team luvs u
03-27-2021, 01:14 AM
He snickered handsomely and nodded casually to the side when he answered; “Yeah.” At least she was staying at the claim, approaching strangers, establishing connections that may or may not help her out in the future... As he left the carcass be, the vermin came to claim their scraps. He allowed this, seeing as he was done with it and didn't like looking back.

As he swaggered closer, he grimaced at what he'd uncovered. “He scares you.” He finished, his tone going up in interest. Now, this was interesting. What could scare a gal like her into obedience? Was she impressionable and insecure despite her size? “You know, with the right assets and allies... You could solve your little problem.” He tempted. He hoped she wasn't protective of him and would turn against him for even suggesting such an outlandish temptation, but more times than not victims wanted nothing more than for the embodiment of their fear to disappear.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
Content Warning
03-27-2021, 01:34 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • reference to sexual assault
She seemed to smile a little more as he said yes. She would make a better leader. 
Whether or not he was kidding, she couldn't place. But it made her feel good, at least a little. 

And as he came closer, confirming out loud what she couldn't say, Eldra turned her gaze away in shame, downcast, sad even. 
To his temptations, the purple-hued woman stuttered as she tried to find her words again.
"He...humiliated me, he held me down, rubbed himself against me but never did anything." She furthered, her voice breaking some as she told him, even if he didn't care. 
And the giantess still couldn't meet his gaze as she tried to keep her voice from trembling. "And ever since, I...My mind is so... broken, I do horrible things and I can feel my psyche twisting and snapping and it--" hurts. So much...
Breath quaking, she tried to look at Almight with wet eyes. She was interested yes, and she was also scared.
the staff team luvs u
04-01-2021, 05:29 PM
What she sought of him, he probably couldn't give. The young man wasn't very compassionate or comforting; he despised his own shortcomings and weaknesses to the point he ridiculed others for it. He barely frowned at the woman as she crumbled before him, confessing to being sullied by the man that called himself Vengeance.

“So a simple rub is all it takes to shatter your mind.” His voice rose in question, though really it was a statement. “Pull yourself together.” He rumbled lowly like thunder, agitated. Confidence was attractive, even the naivety of a child pulled on his heartstrings a little, but this; this was just pathetic and he couldn't pretend it was anything else.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
Content Warning
04-01-2021, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 07:17 PM by Eldra. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Reference to sexual assault
Comfort, she would never have. 
And at his words, his...whatever what he was doing was, her tears and shaking melded with anger. 

"YOU THINK I'M NOT TRYING?!" She roared at him, hackles on end as she now trembled with wrath.
While she didn't move to attack him, yet, her purple hues smoldered with primal hellfire as she bared her teeth. 
"Easier said than done..." Her voice lowered back to...Not Yelling. But she was through with it, and little did she know Vengeance would violate her again in the future.
And right now all she could see in the edges of her vision was red as her entire being became lethally serious.
"But when it happens, I will not hesitate to topple every mountain in my way. I will climb through the pits of hell and I. Will. Rise." 

Trembling as she was, it wasn't in fear right now. It was with adrenaline and seething rage.
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
04-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Content Warning
  • mild thoughts of sexual assault
He frowned at her in annoyance as she turned her anger towards him. If only she could come up for herself this way when it involved her abuser. Surely he was equally as scary as the man she spoke of - easily as capable to push her to the ground and have his way with her if that's what he aimed to do. To know how much she hated it, how much it broke her from the inside out, was both disgustingly weak and tempting at the same time. Unlike the beast that was his father, Almight controlled these feelings as they disgusted him also.

“Your words betray confusion.” He rumbled when she was done with her little speech. “Do you wish to topple mountains, or just the pain in your ass that is Vengeance?” He couldn't help but let out a little chuckle, his shoulders loosening as he averted his gaze. “Please, how strong can just one man be? Use your womanly charms to reel him in, then poison his dinner the same day.” That's how he would go about it - minus the womanly charms - when faced with an enemy he couldn't beat with brawn. He swaggered closer then, close enough for a whisper to be heard;

“I promise not to tell if you go with my suggestion.” He smirked.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
04-05-2021, 07:23 PM
He was oddly encouraging, Eldra noted. 
But he was right. 

And in the following weeks, Eldra would definitely be figuring things out. How she wanted to go about solving her issues. Especially with her Warlord. 

If she couldn't earn his respect after a while, perhaps she'd indeed try to kill him. 

In any case she'd wait it out. 

"Alright..." Eldra sighed. She wasn't sure how to part ways here, so she started to move off again, hesitantly waiting to see if Almight would also leave, or if he had more to offer
the staff team luvs u
04-09-2021, 11:09 PM
In the end, Almight cared less than little about the woman and her struggles. Perhaps this was what she'd needed; someone to talk sense to her instead of wallowing with her in shame and humiliations. Plus, it gave him more than enough information on the place and the ones who'd soon inhabit it. He'd be sure to avoid this particular forest in the future, though if he'd ever come across the man Vengeance he might just do the deed for the poor girl.

He huffed conclusively, shifting then to the more open fields to the West. That's where he'd go next. With long paces and thundering paws did his step become a trot, his massive body becoming no more than a dark speck in the distance.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
scroll to top