Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
black cats and voodoo dolls

Evening Partly Cloudy
P
Ecologist
09-16-2022, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 01:58 AM by Nikita. Edited 1 time in total.)
ooc; @Cobalt
set before she goes back to the tundra

With a vow to return to the Tundra and visit her new friend, Genghis, she would flicker from place to place until then. Today, the evening sky welcomed the rows of rosy flowers that she stood among. Nikki bent her neck, sniffing at the foliage. She was much too lost in her own thoughts, unaware of a stranger approaching until they were quite near her.

The movement caused her to blink, her pale eyes flickering upward to meet the eyes of a man. Their gaze reminded her of gemstones. Where did she remember such a thing? She surely had not seen a gemstone since coming to Canis. "Hello," she said breezily, flashing them a smile "it's a nice evening, no?" The temperature was a bit chilly but... Ah well.

the staff team luvs u
09-16-2022, 07:35 PM
He's slept here, because he has no other choice-- for the past 19 hours, yes. The world seems to be closing in around him, and the realization that he's trapped again sinks in. Trapped by freedom-- he hates it. He can't help but feel threatened by the presence of another wolf. His experiences with those have not been good. So when he looks down at the other wolf with his hackles on edge.

"You're not going to bite me, are you?" he starts. "Because if you do, I'll bite you harder. I'm fucking dangerous, so don't you dare bite me." His voice is high and strained, almost feral. Because he takes a few steps back in that moment and glances over his shoulder, because he swears something is there--

No. Now he has to look forward. She's rushing him--

No.

He shakes his head violently.
the staff team luvs u
09-16-2022, 07:42 PM
"Why would I bite you?" She tilts her head to the side, confused. He had done nothing to her, and she was too polite to pry and poke into his reasons. Perhaps something happened in the past, or the present, to make him feel such a way. Lucky for him, Nikki was not the type to needlessly attack someone. She needed a reason, even if she hated the taste of blood on her tongue.

"I was just saying 'hello' to you" she also gave "you are under no obligation to speak with me. But my name is Nikita - or Nikki if you prefer." She kept her pale eyes on him for a reason. The man seemed a bit maddened, provoked without a reason. Just in case she needed to run or fight, she drifted a bit away from him. Gave the man his space. Maybe that'd work.

The ball in his court now, she waited to see what he'd do with it.

the staff team luvs u
09-16-2022, 07:50 PM
"I don't know! You think if I knew why people bit me, I'd be bitten so much?!" There are bits of his fur missing, scars along the path that show past abuse. Recent wounds. He shudders. "It's not my fault, I swear. People are just. Horrible. Mean. They want me dead, you know." He twitches again, glancing about nervously. "And the beasts that come at night, they...." He cuts off. He's not going to get into it

She seems friendly and that puts him off. The friendly ones do damage, too, ruining everything with their nasty little paws. They come for him with good intentions and then hand him back-- always handing him back, telling him that it's okay, that he's just-- making it up--

"It's Cobalt." He snaps the words, forcing them from the back of his throat like he's vomiting. "And I can scream. Just so you know. So if you're lying about being different than the others, I can scream really loud."
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
09-16-2022, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 01:58 AM by Nikita. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hmm. Death. Beasts that come to play at night. She could assume that Colbat was paranoid of death even without reading into things. As for the beasts, it could very well be a mental disorder. But what if not? What if Colbat actually saw these things for true? She did not owe him anything, but she could try to help. "Do you want to know why?"

Nikki left this in the air between them, calmly staring at Colbat. She let that settle for a bit before continuing on. As if speaking to a sane person, but who was even truly sane these days anyway? "I like to think I can tell the past, present, and future of others" She continued "if you want some answers, I can try to provide them. Of course, fate can be a fickle mistress."

She glanced around them. "Bring me four things in this meadow. Anything. Flowers, rocks, anything. Carry them back to me, one by one. I'll try to gleam something from them?"

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top