Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Took my gun,

Afternoon Drizzle/Rain
Group Only
Ecologist
09-15-2022, 08:49 PM
would love @Absinthe but otherwise open!

She sat at the edge of a rock that hovered over the waters. In the isle the dragoness was, minding business within the ford and observing of today. Her snout was to the sky, a hum of question to her voice with a raised brow looking at the overhead clouds. She shook her head, feeling the light drip upon her head, and continued to look ; for it seemed rather light and didn't look like they were getting worse..

The isle was though a mighty feat, she yet to know if any true terrors would come from raging storms. Originally born on the cliffside, did not need to worry about the flooding, for the wolves would just go more in-land. But would the Ford need to? Behemoth's Brim had it's own forest connected through the beach, but she wondered whether it would be a good idea to search for a temporary hideout in-case it ever comes..

the staff team luvs u
09-16-2022, 12:06 AM
:3

The dark dragon had not been seen often by any, even Vendrussel, the one who kept him here. Since his return, the man forced his attentions on the outskirts of the isle. As of recent, the ford held many enemies and endured even more tragedies. Death, injury, mental decline. You name it. Now, more than ever, he was the most alert and paranoid that he'd ever been. And rightly so.

Rather than do much marking, Absinthe simply walked the grounds of the isle, turning here and there without much sense as to where he would go. He'd done this for a few days now, lacking both sleep and adequate nourishment. Some muscle remained, but his waist had grown thin. Perhaps this paranoia was too much...

Though with a boggled mind, the shadow beast could never mistake the scent of his alpha. She was close-bye. Closer than he thought she would be.

Approaching slowly to not startle, Absinthe sounded a small rumble. Then moving to where she sat, gaze held strictly to the sky above, he offered small nudge to her shoulder in greeting. Dazed and exhausted, he hadn't realized all too quickly that his snout held in place. Her scent was calming; salty like the sea, yet sweet like the few flowers the isle grew. It was an infecting place, so close to her. But when he came to from this muddled state, the beast pulled away and sat a few inches away.

the staff team luvs u
'' The rain is my escape. When it falls, so does the wall concealing my identity from the world. It the only time I can truly be me and dance in the rain, nothing but free. ''
Ecologist
09-19-2022, 07:13 PM
She turned her head to see a familiar figure, drenched with blacks and silvers, not another color penetrating for even an eye gave off a silver-glow. Quiet he was, she found him an enigma of a man. Had been one of the first to join Dragonford, although he had disappeared some time after.. There was not even a memory, a recollection of those times — and she couldn't help but wonder what sort of God had taken them away. Reborn as he was, returned safely to their sides and deemed as the dark dragon.

She smiled at him, nudging back in familiarity as he took a place next to her side. A blue gaze returned to the heavens, her voice hummed lightly, "it looks a storm is coming," she commented on the dark skies, "you think they'll get worse?" Vendrussel wanted a second opinion as she didn't believe they looked to be coming stronger.. But she was no cloud-reader, and wasn't sure this was but pure confidence, or was wrong altogether.

the staff team luvs u
09-19-2022, 07:23 PM
She began to speak. A mumbling at first. His attention hadn't been present, but eventually he put in some effort.

Storms. He hated them. Loud, disturbing; especially when one tried to sleep. Though, he hardly even made an attempt at that. Vendrussel seemed worried, which made the thought of them even more displeasing.

“Hard to say,” He mused boredly, still only half conscious of his surroundings. “Weather isn't the easiest of things to predict.” Among others. “Even if the skies grow darker and the air colder, the isle will resist... just as they always do.”
the staff team luvs u
'' The rain is my escape. When it falls, so does the wall concealing my identity from the world. It the only time I can truly be me and dance in the rain, nothing but free. ''
Ecologist
09-19-2022, 07:45 PM
She hummed a bit more, rolling her head a bit on her shoulder, "it matters if it's a typhoon. The island could survive, but there isn't appropriate cover. If the day comes, we'd have to go inland." That was the main worry ; small storms could do so much and even rougher ones.. But it all changed if it switched to a typhoon. She had seen the disasters, kinow and lived through it, but her clan had lived at the cliffs, not an island. They could hide out within the mountains till it passed ; but now.. Vendrussel had to consider as the head of the ford.

the staff team luvs u
09-19-2022, 08:05 PM
She had been thinking about this often, Absinthe noticed. Of course, it was her responsibility, no?

“Have you searched every inch of the isle? Can we not look again and see if there isn't an adequate place in case a typhoon does occur?” It was always wise to have secondary options to those in which are not of great fondness. Given everything that occurred inland, he doubted any of the dragons wished to return.

“Never give in without being one hundred percent certain,” He added, tone forced to a softer level.
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-21-2022, 07:13 PM
"There is a cave we use to let our fallen drift to the abyss of the sea. I thought about it, but the worry is whether if the isle becomes flooded, and we end trapped down there." Although there was some height in some places, she could not find somewhere that was safe. A risk if anyone caught in a storm to be washed out to sea ; and the cave itself.. Nothing was more terrifying then being caught in the ocean and unable to find a way out. Suffocation ; that somehow Vendrussel knew in her heart, how it was.

"We can always return, I do not think it's abandoning, but for the safety of us all if a storm was to come." By no means did she wish to abandon this land, and even some time ago.. When she asked whether it was wise to leave — it was with heavy-heart. The isle was her home, the sepulcher, the sea and the beach, were all but theirs. Yet, they all wanted to fight for it, and she was willing to do the same.

the staff team luvs u
09-28-2022, 06:13 AM
Vendrussel was right about thing for certain: no matter where they went, the isle would always be their home. A measly storm wouldn't keep them away forever. Even in his short time, Absinthe knew this. She would be the last to ever be driven out by permanent means.

“We have options to explore.” They were few, but few was better than a single, or none at all.

“There are plenty among us that I'm sure would be willing to aid in scouting missions, of both the isle and mainland.” The dark dragon bit back against his tongue for a moment. Regrettably, he would not be one of those volunteers. Leaving Vendrussel here was not an option. Yes, there were plenty of dragons to guard their alpha... but Absinthe preferred it be him. As per the reasoning of why that was? Even he wasn't sure. It just felt right.

“You are right-.. is not abandoning. No matter where we go, it will be here when we return. And if any tries to take it from us, we will take it back and into the paws it belongs,” An ounce of his tone changed, forceful and filled with spite. The mere thought of such an event occurring angered him. He couldn't imagine anyone else holding control of the ford, nor would he ever willingly allow it to happen, as he imagined she wouldn't either.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
10-03-2022, 05:53 PM
She could ask for volunteers, but there was a few in mind, "I will ask some later to take upon this mission," she said, nodding at Absinthe. Options to do and places to send, it would be time to find somewhere suitable nearby, and if not.. She would have to give a bigger task for an extended leave to find elsewhere. Though truth Vendrussel hesitated to keep any out too long for the cases of raids or otherwise the impending war. They wouldn't knock on Northfall's door, but it was only due time for them to knock on Dragonford's. Her tail banner raised lightly in the thought, as it waved before curling around herself. Patting the ground in an upward and downward motion.

The clouds continued to move, as she raised an eye to look at her, Vendrussel had to blink from an upcoming droplet. Her paw moved to rub her eyes lightly ; the storm was not too bad though. Even though they say here for some time the drizzle remained the same, she could feel her inner-pelt remain dry but the outside encroached by it's raining dew, "It looks like it'll stay a rainy day," she commented lightly, tossing her head behind her shoulders and seeing no signs of a clear sky.

Then she looked at Absinthe, and smiled, "when I first came here, I never thought I'd make a pack, much less be the sole leader. It is a honor to have those who remain so loyal despite what has happened." She admitted to having little experience.. It was all the will of The Ancients, after all.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top