Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

P
end of the road

Morning Sunny/Clear
P
09-12-2022, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 11:26 PM by Kuandyk. Edited 1 time in total.)
Caged and enclosed; towering sentinels with dangling loops of ropes surrounded the hound. Stretching outward to pull him back, to loop those ropes around his neck and dig their claws into his fur, trapping and holding him down when he saw his sister again.

Worms defiled her lovely face; those grey eyes were now rotting liquid.

That smile—saved only for her brother—became permanent; her teeth were now exposed through ripped skin.

With a loud growl that began deep within his chest, Kuandyk raked and tore the earth with his nails like that bitch had slashed Rayana’s flesh open. He scratched and scratched until, finally, his body moved forward, pushing himself out of the shadows that wanted him. He almost wanted to stay with them and let them drag him to wherever he would see his sister again. Not mutilated, but whole and complete. 

Alas, anger was rabid within him; it was a parasite puppeteering his body. It wanted him to live.

Sunlight was harsh when it fell upon Kuandyk, but it did not petrify the beast. Loud and louder snarls ripped out of his throat as he staggered farther into the day.

@Alecto
the staff team luvs u
09-13-2022, 12:00 AM
She watched from afar as the hound struggled; muscles strained and trembled under taut hide. His tendons twitched in their sheaths; eyes lolled and his breath was labored. Rayana's rotting corpse was facing him, unseeing eyes looked somewhere between her brother's crumpled face, and eternity. Poor stupid Rayana. Alecto shook her head in dismay. How one of her own could be taken in a manner this undignified, she could not know. Disappointment at the girl burned like hot embers in her stomach; however, it was all but consumed by the pounding wrath of a tyrant. Larceny left a bitter taste in her mouth, one she would not soon forget.

Nares flaring, another's scent loomed in the hollow. Nauseatingly sweet and unnatural, a bitch in her own twisted heat had been all over the girl prior to her untimely death. Kuandyk had a right to be angry; someone had stolen from him just as they had from her. The dog was practically intoxicated with emotion, and for the moment she let him bask in it. Let its pounding waves drown out the sound of his own pathetic, ragged, breath. However, it would only be this moment she would allow him. The drunken stupor of rage would get him killed, a muscle in her cheek twitched in irritation at the thought.

Another would not take him from her, he would only go by her hand or his own.

The wolf lumbered forward, staggering between the shadows of the trees. Dirt caked his paws and she sneered in disgust as it squelched between his paw pads. Taking a step into the sun she raised her head, eyes cast down at the male. "Kuandyk." It was not a request.

@Kuandyk
the staff team luvs u

"There is only one god, and her name is death."
09-13-2022, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 12:29 AM by Kuandyk. Edited 1 time in total.)
Kuandyk wasn’t alone. The burn of an unseen watcher’s rapt attention seared his skin, the discomfort of being watched gouging into his flesh. He twisted around, swinging his head back and forth, with saliva swelling in his mouth, dripping down his slackening jaws.

Hackles rippled across his shoulders like a dangerous wave as a continuous snarl rolled off his lolling tongue. He was a hound closing in on a rabbit, desperate for the intoxicating sensation of bones crunching in his mouth. Esmeray’s or not, it hardly mattered.

A scent hit his flaring nostrils, halting his unsteady gait.

Then came the sharp cadence of his name. It was akin to a lash cracking upon his back, snapping at him to sit down. Kuandyk’s snarls came to an abrupt stop and he looked up, seeing the familiar outline of the lady vengeance.

He had stopped, but the rage within him hadn’t quietened. It squirmed and writhed, scrabbling against its confinement and clawing for an escape that did not exist. Kuandyk’s jaws were parted, breathing heavily as he averted his master’s eye, while his heartbeat continued to thrash against his ribs like a hysterical sparrow. Dark eyes trailed up her body to her face. To her eye.

Her lone eye staring at him.

Kuandyk lunged, his jaws hungering to rip Alecto apart.

@Alecto
the staff team luvs u
09-13-2022, 12:46 AM
His movements were slow with inebriation. Her eye narrowed as he swung his head in her direction. Pupils dilated, hunger drove sympathetic tone as he quieted - a beast locking onto its prey. She let a soft 'tut' form between her lips as he lunged. Maw wide, spittle flying, he came for her. Though it seemed the hound forgot just who held his leash. 

Evading his sloppy advance, she threw her body into the sole weightbearing hindlimb as he lurched past her. Akin to cutting Achilles heel, the hound crumpled and she pounced. Teeth sinking into soft flesh, blood pooling in her mouth as she felt his external jugular pulsing beneath her tongue. Cricoid cartilage scraped canines as unuttered whimpers shook his voice box, and for a moment she contemplated ripping the useless organ out.

Against her better judgment she released his throat after a moment. Spitting his foul tasting blood back in his face. "I fucking hate the taste of a coward." Leaning toward his face, she raised her lips and let out a low growl. "Act like a fool again and I will send you to your sister myself." 

@Kuandyk
the staff team luvs u

09-13-2022, 11:11 PM
Alecto parried her hound’s attack easily; with the deftness that Kuandyk lacked, her teeth snagged the fragile skin of his neck and pierced the flesh, releasing blood to dribble down his thick ebony fur. The sharpness of the bite was as chilling as the chains she’d put it around his neck all those months ago. Though growls continued within his breast, he fell limp, submitting to the woman who held his leash, who was reminding him that he was to never rebel against her.

His flank shuddered as his breathing grew shallower and shallower.

Abruptly, Alecto released Kuandyk with a lash of her tongue; "I fucking hate the taste of a coward." He hung his head low, his jaws parted, tongue rolling over his teeth, panting.

"Act like a fool again and I will send you to your sister myself." His lips pulled back and another snarl rumbled, but he did not lash out. The heavy weight of the chains was hanging around his neck once more, crushing even his anger's desire to resist. “G-Grant me leave to hunt Esmeray down.” Kuandyk raised his chin ever so slightly, lifting his dulled gaze to Alecto’s chest.
the staff team luvs u
09-15-2022, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 02:51 AM by Alecto. Edited 1 time in total.)
He didn't struggle. The beast was vicious, but well trained. His breathing made his body shudder, but otherwise he was still. Neck still bared to her, he didn't dare cover himself or try to move away. Crimson blood sparkled as it wove its way through his thick mane. Sweeping her gaze over his face once more, the tyrant saw the fire of rebellion simmer in his eyes. Watched as it tapered from burning forge to glimmering embers, but still she didn't move from atop him.

"G-Grant me leave to hunt Esmeray down."  The words fell out of him like vomit. Her lips curled again and she gnashed her teeth with a sick laugh. "She's already killed one of you, I should just take you myself." 

Picking up a forelimb she placed it on his thoracic inlet. Shifting her weight, she felt the crackle of cartilage as she crushed the man's windpipe. Watching as she strangled him, slowly easing her full weight onto the hounds throat. "You couldn't even lay a hand on me in your rage, what do you think you'll do when you find her? Hmm?" In this state, the only thing he could hurt was himself. Alecto wasn't going to let that happen. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she needed him. Emotion flared in her eye as she watched him struggle for air beneath her. He acted as if this only affected him, as if the same rage that stoked his temper wasn't pulsing through her as well. Selfish, stupid, sordid, shameful. His intercostals struggling to push the breath that would not come. Loyalty kept him still beneath her, rage keeping her still on top of him. "Pathetic." She whispered, and let up on his neck. He didn't deserve the release of death. As long as she bore the burden of life, so would he.

@Kuandyk
the staff team luvs u

09-15-2022, 11:04 PM
Alecto’s paw shifted to light upon Kuandyk’s throat in what he thought was a warning gesture—until she pressed down with her weight, squeezing his windpipe. Dark eyes, wide with surprise and dim with questions flitting over his gaze, flickered to Alecto’s lone eye. The hound parted his jaws wider as his chest shuddered and flailed, his tired body writhed and squirmed, his forelegs floundered and fumbled under Alecto’s oppressive weight.

Her strength did not lie in her weight—Kuandyk could dislodge her perch upon him with a forceful thrust of his legs—but in her control. It kept the dog down, it quelled any thought of resistance in his skull. It was crushing his throat. Natural, instinctive fear filled his gut, rising and rising to flood his chest cavity.

"You couldn't even lay a hand on me in your rage, what do you think you'll do when you find her? Hmm?" Kuandyk stared up at Alecto, lingering upon her scarred visage, unable to speak. He had no answer anyway.

When Kuandyk was becoming sure his master would snuff out the life that struggled to prosper within his breast, the weight disappeared and air rushed into his parted jaws and expanded his chest. The sudden stream of fresh air grated at his pained and bruised throat, causing him to cough and wheeze, emitting a thin, pathetic noise.

"Pathetic."

He shook his head, his voice a thin and bruised wheeze, “N-No, I want… I w-want—” her to die like his sister! Broken, bloated, cleaved, and cannibalised. Reduced to rotten leftovers for crows and flies to feast upon. “L-Let me rest… Two d-days.” He would be stronger then.
the staff team luvs u
09-17-2022, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 05:03 PM by Alecto. Edited 3 times in total.)
At the initial pressure Kuandyk stilled, eyes wide and questioning. Alecto couldn’t help the small smile that touched her lips. Though his instincts told him to fight, flee, or freeze the dog ignored the whispers from his hormones. While he was motionless, the woman knew better than to think he was frozen in fear. His eyes watched eagerly as she applied more and more weight. Limbs held close to his body, they trembled ever so slightly with the adrenalin that coursed through his veins.

He watched as she spoke to him and she knew even if she wasn’t perched on his windpipe, he wouldn’t dare speak back to her. Kuandyk did not shrink away from her harsh words, she had raised him with lashings like this, he knew she expected more from him.

Air rushed into his lungs when she allowed it. Rattling painfully through bronchioles, forcefully reinflating collapsed alveoli. His diaphragm spasmed with the effort, and the tyrant watched impassively. “N-No, I want… I w-want—” Waiting for him to complete his thought, she suppressed the growl that rose in her chest. Eye narrowed and lips tense, she watched as the boy floundered. His eyes searched through the air before him, as if the sentence would materialize there in the space between them. “L-Let me rest… Two d-days.”

“And in two days what do you think you’ll accomplish?” Gaze burning into his own, it was an opportunity she offered him. Transforming into the magistrate, Alecto waited for his plan. She, too, wanted to watch the woman who stole from them to suffer – they just needed to be smart about it. If it was foolishness that came out of his mouth she would not hold back.
the staff team luvs u

09-17-2022, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 11:47 PM by Kuandyk. Edited 3 times in total.)
Alecto smiled. 

Though her paw was still upon Kuandyk’s throat, squeezing and squeezing, robbing him of the rejuvenating air until his lungs were screaming, there was a soft glow within his breast: he did good.

Then her smile slipped from her lips as she withdrew her paw, disdain burning within her sole eye. “And in two days what do you think you’ll accomplish?” Kuandyk lowered his eyes to her chest, a muted sign of subversiveness. She was not a woman who turned to violence as the first answer; she needed a strategy, a plan upon which violence would then be committed.  

“...I-I will survey t-these forests.” They did not know where they were now, did they? “Then on the s-second day, I will begin the hunt.” The promise of a delay ached him; was the salt in the wound on his heart.
the staff team luvs u
09-18-2022, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 05:16 PM by Alecto. Edited 1 time in total.)
“..I-I will survey t-these forests.” She nodded ever so slightly. It was what she had planned on doing today, before all went to shit that is. “Then on the s-second day, I will begin the hunt.” Her brow twitched at this. “Explain.” She gave him just enough to hang himself with.

@Kuandyk
the staff team luvs u

09-18-2022, 05:45 PM
Kuandyk did not see a little twitch in Alecto’s disfigured visage, but he didn’t need to, for her prompt itself was a warning enough. He didn’t know what answer she wanted; what would sate her that did not involve a fabrication. “Esmeray.” The name was like acid in his mouth; it tasted like sour betrayal when it hit his tongue as he snarled, though his gaze was still downcast. “I will find her. I will break her. I will rip out her tendons.” Hackles rippled. “I will pluck her eyes out and pull her teeth out, and she will squirm like the fucking worm she is.”
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
09-23-2022, 09:27 PM
This content is not visible to non-members.

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top