Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
cool story, bro - but don't we all live in alternative universes?

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
09-12-2022, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2022, 01:06 AM by Killian. Edited 2 times in total.)
At least, he assumed so.

The world was too vast to tie down to one realm. Killian always believed where he had come from held content little sheep folk. The ones that followed a crowd. The ones that brayed at anything new and bad and scary. They shunned other folks from their herd and didn't let even the wolves in. They were scared. Pitiful.

Kinda stupid, if you asked him.

To think he remembered that about his 'past life' was amusing enough. He woke up near the Alpine Moors, half on snow and half on the grass. He didn't think much of where he was. Felt sorta right, if you asked him. He wasn't the type to be spooked easily anyway. So what? He was thrown, dropped, or tossed into this place.

No reason to pitch a fit.

Nothing to do but explore. Find his bearings. Live a little. He rose to all fours from his position, the weariness of sleep fading. He stumbled only once, murmuring profanities. To himself. Nobody to his knowledge was around - unless... Well, hell. He had been wrong. "Hey" he called, addressing the other wolf "hey."

He tried to hail them down. But his tune was weak.

Hey, listen to me you asshole! "Hey, mate!" He finally burst out, his accent drifting in the wind. If he succeeded in calling them back - seemed like they were walkin' away anyway - he slowed his own pace. He mentally sighed in relief. "sorry to yell at you." He added, his tail waving uncertainly. Oh boy, he hoped these jocals (local slash jokes) were friendly.

"I just woke up back there" he explained calmly "was wondering if I could know the name of this place?" He wouldn't keep them long. Enough to get some info and be on his way.

the staff team luvs u
09-22-2022, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2022, 01:56 AM by Daeva. Edited 1 time in total.)
She could easily remember, remember everything that had transpired on the realm she was born on. She could recall the feelings she experienced, how her life played out but it was the deaths that stuck with the ghost. It was not just the one that sent her here, no, it was theirs.

A groan escaped her lips as pale lashes opened to reveal just pale eyes, ah, she was still here. Slowly she picked herself off of the ground and began to wander, again.

The ghost did not have a goal, her paws moved without direction but her tall ears perked as a sound seemed to reach her. For a moment she stopped, pitching her delicate skull to look over she shoulder but there was no way that this wolf would be talking to her. She was a spirit, invisible to the world around her. She kept moving until he apologized for yelling then explained why he had done such a thing.

Wait.

Wait.

He could see her?

She stopped and turned, her movements slow as her haunting eyes settled on his uniquely colored form. She simply stared at him, shock easily seen on her face. There was just no way..

“You..” she stopped as her soft voice shook, it was obvious that she was both confused and startled. “You can see me?”

the staff team luvs u
09-22-2022, 07:33 PM
His plan to learn more about this world cracked and crumbled. Fell down. Tripped, first. Hit the head on something hard. Killian lifted a brow but said nothing at first. Why... wouldn't he be able to see her? Hear her? He could even reach out and touch her? Aight. He'd humor the woman. Somewhat.

"You are rightly pale but I think I ain't blind, mate" To his knowledge anyway "why?" Okay, he was too curious to be bothering her at the moment "do other people ignore ya? That ain't nice. You should say something to them. Or at least pull a bit on their tails." A lazy smirk crossed his features.

Killian waited for the 'ghost' to say something back. Unaware she thought that about herself, unaware she assumed she was dead. This was... odd. Even for him.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top