Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

AW
this one’s for all the daughters who look like their fathers

AW
09-11-2022, 12:50 PM

rohesia strolled aimlessly, directionless and tortured in the centrifuge of her head. she had avoided her mother, which wasn't hard since it was mutual ever since she began to heal. she waited for that tender to spill over, even if she let her down by getting sick, but she was still as lithic as an easter island statue.

maybe @Rafferty? backdates to when he joins! no obligation <3

the staff team luvs u
09-25-2022, 04:00 PM
 He spotted her from a distance and chuckled to himself. “Guess I really did follow you home.”

the staff team luvs u

— thank you chan!
09-25-2022, 10:30 PM
 "wha—," rafferty's chuckling had made her lose her surefooting when she twisted her head around to see him but forgot to stop walking. she had a pretty steamy makeout session with the loam.
 fuck, she hissed under her breath as she plucked herself as ungracefully as she'd be laid out, turned her head ever so slowly with a clothespin-taut uncanny valley-like smile.
 it was obvious if he were an intruder she'd would've known. which means her mother had accepted him. which means she was obligated to play nice.
 she would really rather die.
 "oh heeyyy! i don't think we've met!" she flailed the lie between her teeth as she thinks how embarrassingly he'd dismissed her near the stones. it was so bad, she only thought of a really good quip by the time she was already in bed. all she could was deny, deny, deny. she grinded her teeth together so forcefully, like weighty loadstones. "did my mother, the queen, welcome you?"

the staff team luvs u
09-28-2022, 12:48 AM
 He squished his tongue against the pointed edge of his canines, laboring to stifle his laugh. The work proved unsuccessful, and he let out a wheeze like a rusted kettle set to boil on a stove. 

She turned on him, her face splitting apart in a wide, joyful display of teeth. Rafferty scoffed. “Yeah, she did, actually.” And she'd seemed pleased about it too, but the teen reigned his defensiveness like a broken colt. 

“Guess your memory's as bad as your senses.”

the staff team luvs u

— thank you chan!
10-02-2022, 07:53 PM

all the hoyden-esque hormones and a steep mental endurance in these types of situations betrayed her (who could've guessed).

plus "managing her temper" wasn't really something put forth in the princess curricula, more like "we went over it in class on the offhanded slip i mentioned it going over some miscellaneous drill in class but yes it will be on the test" sort of deal.

"oh, haha. you are just a hoot and a half, aren't you?" her cheeks burned, suddenly feeling small under his flippant gaze. this hellrake was pissing her off so much her stomach was flipping (because that's what that was).

she looked to one of his more idiosyncratic features. "i guess your manners get scooped with your eye, huh?"

the staff team luvs u
Yesterday, 03:12 PM
 Their blows drifted lower with every pass until she landed square below the belt.

Rafferty balked, stunned silent by her cruelty. Lifting his head, he rolled his shoulders back. “Nah, my dad took it. But your powers of observation - wow.””

Pulling a voice, he imitated her. Rafferty has one eye. He feigned amazement.

“Nothing gets past you.”

the staff team luvs u

— thank you chan!
scroll to top