Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
dull his blade may be

Morning Sunny/Clear
P
09-09-2022, 03:42 PM
The border stretched out before him, an invisible line and force. Bran had woken not far from it. He was a reasonable man, ruled by logic, so he assumed this is where he needed to be. It would be his first stop in his quest for answers if this community could not give him anything. 

Bran chuffed a call to whoever lived here to meet with him. He did not pace. He stood a few steps away from the border. Despite the mist that lingered in his mind, the man had a feeling this was a normal thing. For him? No. For anyone that did not seek to harm.

He would wait, patiently. He would listen, fleetingly knowing that whoever lived here may already know he had slumbered for some time before waking up. The fact that they had let him... Well, he would not dwell on policies.

@Kore

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 9499574_uiTsbKbAofAwJY7.png]
STANDING AT THE GATES OF HELL
STILL WANTING MORE MORE MORE
09-09-2022, 06:42 PM
^^

The Plains were gathering in popularity, it seemed and Kore thought that it was about time that the grasslands were appreciated for what they were. The stars had foretold this and it had only been a matter of time before their truth rang clear. As did the summons that sounded out. Kore's ears twitched, perking curiously as she adjusted her path to trot in a gentle sway towards the caller. He was a tall man, decorated in an array of browns, blacks and creams, standing out against the green-touched backdrop of the surrounding lands.

Kore slowed her already slow gait, her tail sashaying behind her slowly and welcomingly as her smile sat serenely on her delicate features. "Hello," she hummed, mismatched eyes taking him in. He smelt... new, different, untouched by the casual scents of the surrounding lands. She pinpointed his individual scent; earthen and musky. She wondered how her scent seemed to others these days, having always smelt floraly -- more like roses. "You look a little lost," and like he had just woken up, if his fur was of any indication.

The little Queen almost giggled. "What do you seek?"
^^

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
09-09-2022, 06:59 PM
 A woman.

Bran sat up a bit straighter, old-fashioned values drilled into his mind. Even through the fog and mist, it penetrated him. Folded him. Embraced him. "Ma'am" he rumbled in his deep accented tone, though she was younger than him "I seek purpose and information." As he always did, when seeking purpose. Information was just good business.

He paused.

"I am Godbrand" His neck craned forward, dipped to the earth "it seems I fell into this realm" Spirited away, perhaps, or just... Finding a branch of the world tree that tickled another branch? "I apologize if I am intruding on your border" He wasn't monotone but a matter of fact "I wish to survive here." As long as it would have him.

"I find no fault in pledging myself to a pack with good interests."

the staff team luvs u
09-09-2022, 07:50 PM
^^

we can fade off after your post, if you'd like and make a new one if you wanted him to find out more about GW IC! <3

He played no games, he offered his desires to her easily, open and without hesitance. Kore appraised him curiously, noting the way he had straightened and called her ma'am. He revealed more information to her, to the point and accented. "Godbrand," she tried his name on her own accented tongue, rolling from her throat with interest. "You would not be the first nor the last, Godbrand, to arrive here, plucked from somewhere else," Kore mused to him softly though in truth, he did not seem awfully put out by his arrival here.

Godbrand tickled her brain.

She hummed, "I am called Kore though some know me as Persephone," to her members she could be either, to the outside world she would use the name best fitting. "Survival is oft everyones desire," she commented, "but with Greenwood I wish for more. I wish for my members to not only survive but thrive." There was more to life than simply surviving, being on the edge and doing nought else. He did not exude energy that she would need to guide to betterance. Godbrand had been written, foretold and now he would find his place within Greenwood.

Kore smiled, "come forth, Godbrand. Walk with me and I will tell you more." She angled herself then, arching her side as she motioned with her nose to welcome him past the invisible line of claim.
^^ 

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
09-09-2022, 08:08 PM
 Persephone. A tragic heroine. A queen. 

Godbrand did not know of the legends surrounding the name. He could have, perhaps, suggested Brunhild as a pseudo-legend twin. Another tragedy, that should not have happened. But he remembered little, flickers of light caused him a bit of pain, so he avoided it. For now, anyway. Persephone invited him freely, and he arched a brow at her. Puzzled a bit, at the immediate kindness.

But he had done nothing to her anyway.

"A leader, then" he remarked, moving closer and over the border. It was clear he was hesitant to walk so freely along someone of status, but he did his best. Bran kept himself alert "and not a queen, demanding her rule." It was about as directly complimenting as he could be. He appreciated the remarks she made. It made sense to him, to thrive and survive.

"Bran is fine, if it pleases you."

He added, aware she had shortened her own title. He would walk and talk the best he could, giving nothing he didn't know to her. It felt rude to gossip about the knowledge he may not know. "Lead the way, my lady." /end

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top