Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
i'm fine, i'm good, yeah i'm perfect

Sunset Sunny/Clear
P
09-08-2022, 03:17 PM
It was his favorite time of day - when the sun melted into the horizon, leaving nothing but trailing ribbons of pink, orange and red.

Klaus pressed his tongue against the carcass of a rabbit, licking what remained of the fresh kill to his satisfaction. His mouth and paws were stained temporary crimson, and small puddles of blood lay scattered around the immediate area from the neck wound that managed to incapacitate his late dinner. The color of which reminded him of @Sachiko, and it quickly brought a small, wicked smile to his dark face.

Moving away from all thoughts except those that concerned his meal, he finished wiping his lips before pushing the tiny, crumpled body to the side for a possible midnight snack. He was used to hunting small prey on his lonesome, and he felt he was becoming more accustomed to their migrating patterns around this area. Despite wandering a good distance from his familiar haunting spot, he was able to adapt quite quickly.

Sighing with a full belly, he looked up to the sky, content to watch the sun disappear behind the distant mountains.

the staff team luvs u
09-08-2022, 04:38 PM
It would seem she was not alone.

It had taken a good deal of travel before fate or dumb luck happened to bless her once more. The first beast she had come across told her nothing; he had been looking for a fight. Perhaps to take advantage of her clumsy arrival into this world and win. He had nothing to prove to anyone except his ego. She loathed men like that.

This one seemed more... interesting. Perhaps. The scent of blood was interesting, anyway. She came across him randomly, following the scent. Hoping perhaps for company. It had been dull - terribly so. She was nothing if not a social woman. Having hunted down something earlier, Sayuri was no sneak thief anyway. If he was going to become aggressive...

She cut him off. "Worry not" she chimed in her musical tone "I need not your food" Her stance was not prowling, nor aggressive "this one only requires company and knowledge." Despite her Breaking Common Tongue, it was clear; she was not from around here. But were any of them?

@Niklaus

the staff team luvs u
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye
09-09-2022, 01:06 AM
She had appeared so quietly that Klaus didn't bother lowering his gaze until she was nearly steps away. A little thing - smaller than most females he had encountered thus far, and with the figure to match. If he hadn't already been dining on a rabbit, she might have truly understood the glow of hunger in his eyes - and how it was no longer directed at the pile of meat at his feet.

Carnal at his best, he lifted a brow as she spoke, eyeing her up and down in a manner that couldn't be perceived as remotely respectful. Her tongue and the way she pronounced her syllables came off as clumsy, as though she was not used to forming the words in her mouth. While endearing to listen to, Klaus had to struggle a slight bit to catch the true meaning behind her small introduction. Company and knowledge, the man repeated the request in his mind, his smirk permanently etched onto his face. The bachelor wasn't sure what he could offer in the way of knowledge, but he was damn interesting company.

"Ah. Sit, why don't you?" He responded evenly, jerking his nose at the flat spot across him. Standing himself, he made what could only be understood as an attempt to wipe the blood from the spot he offered her, swiping his tongue across the grass and licking his lips for good measure. "Don't mind the mess. I couldn't care less about my own dinner manners."

the staff team luvs u
09-09-2022, 01:25 AM
 She chuckles. "I am not one to faint at the sign of blood, good sir - like a weakling of will." It was true, even if the memories were foggy at best. She had not balked at the blood, nor turned her nose up in disgust. Her stare was plain, upfront. Not understanding even if it was natural. If one is hungry, one must eat. Who really cared what one looked like during it?

And in that respect, he had not expected the company anyway to knowledge.

Though she does sit, somewhat amused at his offer and the rush to clean up. How cute. Perhaps this realm had some hope after all. "My common of the tongue is lacking, yet I can understand. Do not slow for this account." Sayuri requested. It was belittling if he did such a thing. How strange, too, she could understand yet also have gaps in her own words.

Perhaps they will fill in with time.

"There was another man" Sayuri began, curling her tail around her paws in a lady-like posture "he gave nothing. Not even name. Quite disgusting, yes? Who finds one alone, lost, and gives no help?" She huffs quietly, smirking "though it is quite fun... Figuring it out for myself." She eyed the brown-hued man, openly curious.

How long had he been here? Native or foreigner? Were there natives?

She resisted bombarding him with inquiries. "Well, he wasn't as fetching as you anyway." A shrug. He could take it as he wanted.

the staff team luvs u
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye
Misc Skill
09-12-2022, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 01:49 PM by Klaus. Edited 1 time in total.)
This girl - she talked quite a bit. It wasn't like him to be left with nothing witty to encourage conversation with, or fill in the empty spaces where others simply sat and nodded. He was comfortable in mindless chatter, either his own or her's, because it gave him time to simply observe. Not that her side was any less interesting or educational to hear than his own. Klaus sat back, content to listen to the pretty girl that reminded him of splattered sap and slip in his own commentary when she left room to.

"That's good. Perhaps you'd make a good medic," he murmured when she mentioned blood, a slight twinge of jest to his words but the sentiment honest. "Understood. Full speed ahead, no pauses for the lady. Feel free to give me a good smack if I start to slow back down," he adds, grinning earnestly. Although, so far, he had not had time to pester her with endless rants or fast-paced conversation. He was simply keeping up with her.

His nose curled in slight distaste at her mention of the man who didn't offer any help. It reminded him of the tar-covered boy he had found in the Ripperwood, and how he had been so quick to dismiss Klaus's offer to assist him. Despite the situation not being exactly the same, he was sympathetic to her story. "I'm glad you didn't let that deter you." He quipped plainly, still a bit lost in his own recollection. If she noticed the energy shift, she did not comment on it.

"Ah, so I've beaten the competition already! What was it that set me apart? The simple decency? Oh, I have been told this scar makes me mighty handsome," he chuckles, feeling for the outline of the mark along his cheek with a stray paw. Remembering that boy's words, crude and quick: fucking ugly.

Lowering his front leg to rest once more, he peers at her, seeing an opening to pepper her in inquiries instead. "So you're new here, then. I would be happy to give you a place to stay, but I myself never stay anywhere for too long." His expression teetered slightly on apologetic, unsure of how he would be able to help her. "You're welcome to stick around as long as I do. You might be thankful for the extra heat at night." His eyes ravaged her form, raking in a sense without saying much else. Should she want his company, it'd be his pleasure to give it.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top